Cardinals Leave Sun Devil Stadium for ...

amare32

The Arizona Cardinals have announced the naming rights deal for their new stadium in the West Vallley.

Having departed a stadium named for the "football team" of Tempe's third-rate "university," they will now play in a stadium named for an "online university" w/o so much as intramural athletics.

I give you: University of Phoenix Stadium.

0926stadium.jpg

Quite "professional," those "football" Cardinals. Oy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't that the online university?

Yup, it's also the alma mater of Shaq!

Yeah, well he got an MBA from them, but I wouldn't call an online graduate school one's "alma mater". Shaquille's alma mater is where he obtained his undergraduate degree (onstage) in 2000 (and where he spent a few undergraduate years in the late eighties/early nineties)--

LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY

:P

It is what it is.

Wow, so now the University of Phoenix and Rice University have something in common - a football stadium but no football team.

Uhh.. Rice does have a football team. :therock: The Owls play in C-USA

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Wow, so now the University of Phoenix and Rice University have something in common - a football stadium but no football team.

Uhh.. Rice does have a football team. :therock: The Owls play in C-USA

pssst...it's called a "joke"--Rice was 1-10 last year, had lost 18 of 22 coming in to the season, and always been bad at football.

1zgyd8w.jpg

This is rediculous, they just moved out of a collegiate stadium, get a state-of-the-art stadium, and place the naming rights to the stadium with an online university.

I know I don't have to say it, but I wil anyways.....this just shows how so-called "professional" owners are only there to make a buck. Don't the Bidwell's realize how stupid that stadium name sounds!

I would have preferred Pink Taco Stadium.

dammit, got to that reference before I did!

+1 for Pink Taco Stadium.

yikes. Pink Taco would have been much better.

Uuniversity of Phoenix is such a terrible name for the stadium.. i would acctually prefer a big brand buisness such as Verizon, or Comcast, or Chevrolet... in this situation. University of Phoenix just dosen't fit right.

So the cardinals moved from St. Louis to the desert to play in a university stadium and named their team, the Phoenix Cardinals, then later changed that to Arizona Cardinals, moved to the new Cardinals Stadium, only to change it to the University of Phoenix Stadium.

I saw, I came, I left.

Help me out here.

The University of Phoenix is trying to increase their national profile.

They do this by sponsoring something near the city of Phoenix.

Won't this make people associate the university more with the local area of Phoenix than nationally?

Dumb.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Help me out here.

The University of Phoenix is trying to increase their national profile.

They do this by sponsoring something near the city of Phoenix.

Won't this make people associate the university more with the local area of Phoenix than nationally?

Dumb.

I don't think anyone relates the University of Phoenix with the city of Phoenix. There is a campus in seemingly anything resembling a large U.S. city.

So the cardinals moved from St. Louis to the desert to play in a university stadium and named their team, the Phoenix Cardinals, then later changed that to Arizona Cardinals, moved to the new Cardinals Stadium, only to change it to the University of Phoenix Stadium.

. . . which is located in Glendale.

Archived