Minnesota Gophers wearing throwbacks

vikmurphy

I knew a guy who used to play for NDSU...heh, the Gerbils really ARE that bad :D first Bucky wipes teh floor with em, now they barely eke out a win over a 1-AA team (and one that was D2 not too long ago to boot)

eh well, Minny fans can at least be thankful they didn't suffer a Colorado-embarrasing upset :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I knew a guy who used to play for NDSU...heh, the Gerbils really ARE that bad :D first Bucky wipes teh floor with em, now they barely eke out a win over a 1-AA team (and one that was D2 not too long ago to boot)

eh well, Minny fans can at least be thankful they didn't suffer a Colorado-embarrasing upset :P

Atleast our hockey and womens basketball teams are alright.

:/

Untitled-1.png

Those unis were ugly then and they are ugly now. The jersey has no white and doesn't match the helmet and pants. Heck, if the helmets were yellow, it'd be so much better, BUT old coach Murray Warmath may not have been a fashion guy.

One could compare to Georgia Tech's throwbacks from earlier this year, which looked really good, and that's because they looked good then. Interesting to see these in a modern context, but they still stink.

Those jerseys looked like they bought the cheep replicas at the bookstore - iron on numbers, and chincy ones at that (I mean, you can make one-color look nice (Penn State, anyone?)). I'll give credit for the helmets and pants, but those jerseys looked aweful...

Moose

Those jerseys looked like they bought the cheep replicas at the bookstore - iron on numbers, and chincy ones at that (I mean, you can make one-color look nice (Penn State, anyone?)). I'll give credit for the helmets and pants, but those jerseys looked aweful...

Moose

I agree. The throwback jerseys were not too different from their current homes--the main differences being the current ones have gold collars, names on the back, and twill numbers in a different font. Besides the numbers being cheap iron-ons, I think they were too small. Maybe back when players wore less padding the numbers' size looked about right, but yesterday those numbers looked lost in a sea of maroon.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Atleast our hockey and womens basketball teams are alright.

:/

Don't forget wrestling.

Here are a couple more PIX of the OLD SCHOOL Gophers.

MinnOLDSchoolunis2.jpg

Minn.jpg

MinnOLDSchoolunis.jpg

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It was a crime against the national championship team of 1960 that they wore those jerseys and played that kind of game. They should be ashamed of themselves for that performance in that particular uniform.

I was hoping NDSU would have made that last second field goal and forced Glen Mason to resign that night in shame.

Now I realize they chose the 1960 helmets because of the National Championship season, but my ideal helmet for the Gophers would be a combination of the 1968-71 striping pattern (left) but in the metallic gold of the 1972-74 style (right).

Gophers-1968-71.jpgGophers-1972-1974.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I can't believe Mason's still there. I watched him lose a few games for the Gophers like four years ago.

The jersey's the same as the one they wear now, for all practically purposes. But it looks bad with pants and helmets that don't match.

Archived