Dodgers to unveil return of names on jerseys Wednesday

boardname

The old home uniform had a white outline and a silver outline around the sleeve patch logo; those are gone.

The old road uniform had a silver and white outline around the Los Angeles script, Dodgers sleeve patch, and back number; those are gone. The old unis had blue piping on the front and around the next; it's gone, too. The Dodgers script was replaced with the interlocking LA.

The blue alts are gone.

By "everything", I meant that everything that had an outline; I figured everybody knew that you can't remove an outline from something that isn't outlined.

Save the slugalo.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a little weird at first, but I think I like it. Between the reduction of silver on the uniforms and reverting the Dodger Stadium colors to the 1960s scheme, it looks like the McCourts are really trying to honor tradition. Good for them.

Your opinion doesn't count because you're a Dodger-hater.

yes it does count. in fact, his opinion on the subject matters more than yours

No joking around with this guy.

I really like the new road look, but I liked the old better. I have never been a fan of teams having sleeve piping with none around the collar/front. If they wanted to go back to the old look, they should have left the sleeves completely blank.

As the the LA patch, it doesn't bother me on the road jersey, but it never seemed right to me on the home jerseys. It should have never changed. If anything, they should have used the official logo (shooting baseball) in a circle or something.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Check out the new road jersey front ...

capt.a8eff4be5be341feb9959d3e57e37a47.dodgers_baseball_la117.jpg

After a good night's sleep and more looks at these new roads, I really like them. I'm already used to them -- and I'm a fan of the simplicity. I forgot they had that awful Dodgers script squeezed onto the sleeve... the LA is probably not needed, but it beats that script. Nice job by the Dodgers... and with all of those ex-Cubs, it will be hard not to like the team, too. :)

Here's a (somewhat small) look at the old "Dodgers" script on the side of the roads:

ethier_action.jpg

Personally I liked that better than the "LA", because now it's sort of redundant. I liked how each jersey said both "LA" and "Dodgers", just trading the front and the sleeve depending on which version it was. Not that anyone really needs that to figure out where this team is from; but I liked it.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

The previous road (WITH NOB) was one of the best looking jerseys the Dodgers have had. (The best being the blue alternate...I can't understand all the hate for that jersey.) The previous homes with blue and gloss white lettering over a matte white body was classy and understated. This set can be expressed in a single word:

B O R I N G ! ! !

Why the hell, if you're going to make the uniforms as bland and boring as possible would you even bother to restore the NOB? In fact, while you're at it, don't go for cool base, go back to flannel!

Dodgers, meet the pooch. Please remember to wear a condom.

:puke:

Archived