Canucks New Look August 1st. Blue, Green, and White Colours.

Corvus

I think that Mountain V is kind of cool, but I think sentimentalism will win out. The rink logo is atrocious, sorry, and I'm definitely no fan of the flying skate. I recognize they had their greatest success with the red, gold and black scheme, but to me, it's an outdated set of colors.

Royal blue and green is such and underrated and underused color set and I would love to see the Canucks embrace it once more. We're facing a drought of cartoon logos on the major league level, so I have no problem with Johnny Canuck being reinstated.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royal blue and green is such and underrated and underused color set and I would love to see the Canucks embrace it once more. We're facing a drought of cartoon logos on the major league level, so I have no problem with Johnny Canuck being reinstated.

I would agree. But my feeling is that johnny canuck would be too similar to the giants logo as already stated earlier, and for some reason doesn't really appeal to me... not too sure why???

I've always wanted to see the Canucks embrace the color scheme they first rolled out with back in the 70's.

I look at the Sabres when they play in their 'retro' gear from that same expansion period, and I just love how it looks on the ice. So much classier than the "Buffalo Bananas" that take the ice 90% of the time.

I also liked the original Canucks logo and see it all the time here in Seattle, when Vancouver-ites travel down for Seahawk and Mariner games.

Some of the "concepts" posted here seem great to me and a massive leap forward from what is currently displayed.

Off topic, but since Seahawks were mentioned, I'd love for the Hawks to go back to their original color scheme. This "battle-grey blue" stuff is all over the board. Walk in to the Seahawks official store and just about every jersey on the rack is a slightly different shade of color, so are the t-shirts and hats. It's never consistent and the original color scheme was just so iconic to Seattle.

Of course, as bad as the new Seahawks gear is, nothing is worse than when the Sonics rolled out "burgundy" jerseys in the late 90's. Ack, now that was a travesty.

My best wishes for Canuck fans, you've never really had cool gear, and maybe thats why the hockey gods have punished you as the only Canadian team without a Stanley Cup. This could be a sign things are looking up for your franchise.

1) how many of you were alive when the Canucks used the rink logo? and 2) if an expansion team were to begin play in the NHL in 2007 and the stick/rink was going to be their crest, how viciously would that concept be torn to shreds? It's awfully conceptual to be a good logo, and strikes me as fairly uninspiring whie not being as creative as people say it is ("It's a hidden C! OMG it's like the ball & glove it's so :censored: creative!!").

Your second argument is garbage, you could say that about any traditional team - Yankees, Packers, Bears, Cubs - would fans welcome any of those logos if they were created today? The point is that over time a logo becomes an icon, a visual symbol that becomes an indelible part of a team's identity, regardless of how creative or clever or cutting edge it may be. In fact, the logos I mentioned above are all among the most beloved in sports, and they're all extremely simple, not very "creative" as you would say.

Now I'm not old enough to remember the Canucks in the blue and green either, but I can appreciate the uniform's beauty in its simplicity. The stick and rink logo is completely stripped down to the bear minimum, and it's tremendous. It's extremely recognizable and IMHO a great identity for that team. The flying skate wasn't bad, but those colors said "German National Team" to me, not "majestic Canadian landscape". And as people have mentioned, the orca whale, while a decent and creative logo, is corporate-driven and the scheme uses waaaay too many colors. Not to mention the jerseys look black on the ice anyway.

I like this news. As long as they don't use that horrible rink logo, this could be pretty cool. Maybe they can use the city of Vancouver flag for some inspiration on colors and logos. I like the idea of putting Johnny Canuck in there somewhere too.

ttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/Flag_of_Vancouver_%28Canada%

Super pumped about this. It has been my opinion that they should do this for a while now. As for the logo i love the rink.

I would really like to see something like this :D

nucks.jpg

that's pretty cool, but it seems more appropriate for a minor-league team, or maybe as a 3rd jersey.

the penguins look fine in vegas gold, and they should lose the skating penguin completely and reinstate the modern penguin as the primary

as to the topic on hand, the canucks should go to a navy-green-silver scheme whalers be damned. they would also best be suited to come up with a completely new logo or a cleaned up and modernized version of the johnny canuck character rather than just slap that dull and uninspired looking rink/stick logo on the jersey

the penguins look fine in vegas gold, and they should lose the skating penguin completely and reinstate the modern penguin as the primary

I think you and I seem to be the only ones here who want this.

As someone who has been following the Penguins since the Double Blue days (when Syl Apps, Jr. was on the team)...BRING BACK THE HUMMINGBIRD!

I think you and I seem to be the only ones here who want this.

As someone who has been following the Penguins since the Double Blue days (when Syl Apps, Jr. was on the team)...BRING BACK THE HUMMINGBIRD!

ACK! The hummingbird is too tied into Howard Baldwin's reign of error. And that crappy Van Damme movie set in the Igloo.

Sorry, I thought Happy Feet was the documentary. Still, no scarf.

No, This is.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Vegas gold, yes. Hummingbird, hells naw.

As for the original topic, the Canucks have yet to have a decent identity, really. The orca is probably the best produced, but is still lame. The skate was okay, if a bit gaudy. I'm not a big fan of the old-style cartoony logos, so Johnny Canuck's right out. And the rink/stick? Horribly unimaginative, dull, and lazy. Bleh.

I am digging on Pantone's idea of green/light blue. A very similar color scheme to my aborted NCFA team.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm hope I'm not alone when I say:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, the current Orca identity is the best they've ever had.

If they are indeed changing the logo, I hope it's NOT to full time use of that stupid Stick-on-Rink logo that looks like it literally took all of 4 econds to create. An interpretation of Johnny Canuck, that is NOT that Lumberjack logo seen in this thread, could work.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

As a lifetime Canucks fan (and Vancouver native), I'm pretty confident in saying the local fans are largely indifferent to the Orca look. Its always been seen as a rather cynical attempt at branding the team with the Orcabay name of the company that the former owner used to run the Canucks and GM Place.

I've never liked the "constipated whale" look,or the dark blue jerseys. I prefered the Skate on a Plate, but that's probably because its what I grew up with as a Canucks fan, and what they wore for the 94 Cup Run (Damn you Nathan Lafeyette!). Personally, I love the current retro jerseys. Sure, the logo isn't all that inspired, but its simple and clean.

I don't really think the Canucks will touch Johnny Canuck though, given that the local WHL Giants already have a lumberjack type in their logo:

VAN_1848.gif

I don't understand why the Canucks can't claim their identity back because of the Giants. The Canucks should have sued Pat Quinn for marketing a lumberjack mascot at their games but that's another issue..........Does it really matter that the Giants logo COULD be a lumberjack? Legally they have no right to market Johnny Canuck and they have never officially said that the logo actually is a lumberjack.

When you actually LOOK at their logo it looks nothing like a lumberjack, much less the actual classic skating Johnny Canuck logo. Take a close look at it.

The Giants logo looks exactly like a football player, not a lumberjack. Yeah he's wearing a toque, but that barely registers.

As far as my Johnny Canuck Logo with the ring looking like the Minnesota wild, I have to wonder, why doesn't every round logo or logo with a ring get compared to Minnesota's round logo? Do you mean to tell me that people can't tell the difference because they are both round? What is so unique about the Wild's logo anyways? Can't anyone tell that a million minor league hockey teams in the 50's had the exact same ring in their logo and that the NHL's Penguins had the exact same ring on their first uniforms? How do The Seattle Mariners, Oakland A's, and Texas Rangers escape the criticism of looking too much like the Wild alt logo? someone please explain that? If you don't LIKE the logo that fine, but saying it's too close to Wild Alt logo seems off base to me.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Super pumped about this. It has been my opinion that they should do this for a while now. As for the logo i love the rink.

I would really like to see something like this :D

nucks.jpg

Whoa dude now that is one cool looking jersey... can ya do the whiteh version?? also one suggestion, move that circle logo from the bottom left to the shoulder area and there ya go... I do like that main logo..very cool one.. if only the Canucks can get the hint of this and get the new jerseys to look like that...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I don't really think the Canucks will touch Johnny Canuck though, given that the local WHL Giants already have a lumberjack type in their logo:

VAN_1848.gif

Umm that guy in that logo reminds me of Paul Buryn (spelling) the legendary man who supposedly was big enough and had a huge axe and was able to chop down a single parcel of trees somewhere? I don think that logo is of Johnny Canuck... just my opinion on that somehow...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

VAN_1848.gif

Umm that guy in that logo reminds me of Paul Buryn (spelling) the legendary man who supposedly was big enough and had a huge axe and was able to chop down a single parcel of trees somewhere? I don think that logo is of Johnny Canuck... just my opinion on that somehow...

Hey, you are right. It is Paul Bunyan. American folk hero!

DEATH TO REEBOK

nucks.jpg

I have to say this is pretty damn cool. It is certainly miles above any actual Canucks jersey I've ever seen.

I still like the original logo though, I just thought it was simple and unique, and I guess I always lean towards simple logos.

The Canucks seem to be a team without an identity. Two major overhauls have led to three color sets and three logos that are completely different. I think they need to pick and identity and stick with it essentially forever. Perhaps they should think about that before going to the stick/rink logo. People like the "retroness" but I think they'll grow tired of it as a primary. Then what? The flying skate again/

I am not fond of any of thier identities, but I do think the middle one was servicable and kinda wish they'd have stuck with it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

They should just stick to the current stuff. Or just make new stuff (though that's getting kind of old - the Canucks just need to stick with something). Cause all of their retro stuff sucks.

I like the color change, but they need to design new logos. Johnny Canuck inside a circle would be a good secondary. Maybe a "V" logo as the primary. Something like that.

Archived