San Diego Charger Uni changes?

webby17

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboy Kevin will be able to answer this for sure, but I believe all of the teams currently with White helmets use Metallic White. However, I think the Dolphins use a "pearlescent" White.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is the difference even recognizable by the human eye?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here are the problems that I'll have with the uniforms described in the San Diego Union Tribune:

* The fact that the shoulder lightning bolt will be placed in a White panel on the Navy Blue uniforms.

* The fact that the helmets will be White.

* The fact that the player numbers on the back of the helmets will be Black.

However, I do have one other prediction - which may or may not take place - is that the modified "bolt" primary logo will end up on the back neck of the jerseys. Like the Cardinals and Vikings.

With all due respect, neither the Cardinals nor the Vikings have a Chargers' primary logo on the back neck of their jerseys. You sure don't know much about sports design, do you? :P

I am really nervous about the helmet, the jersey looks cool, anxious to see the white one, but a white helmet with a dark blue jersey just doesn't seem to work well to me. Also, the helmet may end up looking very plain. I am on board with those who say they wish the helmet was blue. I'd feel muuch more comfortable with the white helmet if they would use Jezus_Ghoti's alts he designed, those are awesome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I think this actually works. It's a compromise, and to me it looks 1000x better than the Vikes, Cards, Bills, Falcons and my favorite team, the Bengals. The goofiness seems to have been kept to a relative minimum. Wish the numbers on the helmet were navy, not black, and that they didn't use the white collar thing. Too much.

powderbluetops.jpg

awsome

The more I see this, the more I really don't like the shoulder bolt. It's moving in completely the wrong direction, more obvious when the white area is removed.

The bolts are upside-down. :blink:

I'm not a fan of the shoulder bolts either, but I think it's more of a necessity then a design decision. With sleeves shrinking they had to move the TV numbers to the shoulders, which meant the bolts had to be moved down.

^ now that is what I am talking about, wow that is sharp.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

powderbluetops.jpg

awsome

The more I see this, the more I really don't like the shoulder bolt. It's moving in completely the wrong direction, more obvious when the white area is removed.

The bolts are upside-down. :blink:

I'm not a fan of the shoulder bolts either, but I think it's more of a necessity then a design decision. With sleeves shrinking they had to move the TV numbers to the shoulders, which meant the bolts had to be moved down.

That does look good, but would they be able to switch to a grey facemask when using the alt?

Archived