WNBA jerseys

Delux247

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those jerseys remind me a little bit of the new Reebok EDGE NHL sweaters. They look similar in material and have the same neckline.

For what it's worth, those side panel embellishments are terrific. Might not work in the NBA, but they are super for the WNBA.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, that Sacramento uni looks like someone sewed a tablecloth into the side of a jersey.

Death to templating!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My guess it that at least three of the eight WNBA fans will buy the new jerseys anyway. But these are terrible; the template sucks and the names under the numbers lose the charm when everyone has them.

draft_400_0704.jpgpamoffice.jpg

Hahahaha. That's amusing. Jenna Fischer is much prettier than that girl though. I mean, have you ever seen her when she's not in Pam costume? She's beautiful.

Eww. Templates. Lettering below numbers, Butt logos, weird triangle thing. Just, really bad uniforms. All of them. UniWatch did a good rundown here.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Hahahaha. That's amusing. Jenna Fischer is much prettier than that girl though. I mean, have you ever seen her when she's not in Pam costume? She's beautiful.

Eww. Templates. Lettering below numbers, Butt logos, weird triangle thing. Just, really bad uniforms. All of them. UniWatch did a good rundown here.

I agree with you about Jenna...but the opportunity was so obvious.

Those shooting shirts are terrible and are gonna look even worse on all the big-hipped guards wearing them.

I love the new WNBA uniforms. The league did something completely different with them and, while bold, I think they look much better than before.

But good luck getting me to a game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Sky aren't owned by the Bulls, so they were free to come up with their own scheme. But, yeah, blatantly Denver in the color scheme, although powder blue and bright yellow are the new black and purple.

Is it just me or did anyone else see this jersey:

draft3_400_070404.jpg

and go "Denver"? With those colors and that name they seem like they should be in Denver and not Chicago.

I had to point this out...

Brooke Smith is freakin' adorable...damn...

wnbdraft_400_0704.jpg

draft6_400_070404.jpg

gall4_600_070404.jpg

Too bad she's 6-3...lol

Agreed!

I thought I was the only one. And I'm 6'5" so it ain't too bad for me. :D

I'm 5'9" and I don't care. If she didn't have a problem with short guys (and was closer to my age), I'd be pretty darn happy with her.

The Sky aren't owned by the Bulls, so they were free to come up with their own scheme. But, yeah, blatantly Denver in the color scheme, although powder blue and bright yellow are the new black and purple.

draft3_400_070404.jpg

and go "Denver"? With those colors and that name they seem like they should be in Denver and not Chicago.

wnbdraft_400_0704.jpg

draft6_400_070404.jpg

gall4_600_070404.jpg

Too bad she's 6-3...lol

Agreed!

I'm 5'9" and I don't care. If she didn't have a problem with short guys (and was closer to my age), I'd be pretty darn happy with her.

Damn...Brooke Smith is f-in cute!!!!

I think the speculation was correct that the Sky was supposed to be the name of the WNBA franchise in Denver. But the league must have made a last-minute course correction to bring a franchise to the Second City.

I just wonder why they didn't just change the colors to red and black (Bulls colors) or light blue and red (the colors on the Chicago city flag).

1. The Sky was never going to Denver.

2. The Bulls don't own the Sky.

3. You're right, red with light blue, or vice versa, would have looked much better.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 3 weeks later...

draft3_400_070404.jpg

wnbdraft_400_0704.jpg

draft6_400_070404.jpg

gall4_600_070404.jpg

Too bad she's 6-3...lol

Agreed!

Yup, she is; BTW, I'm about 6'4"!

YOZXkBG.png?1

I have actually attended a WNBA game.

My girlfriend's best friend plays for the Indiana Fever, so I went with her. It was a preseason game so the crowd was even less than it normally is, but I have to say, I was impressed. The game is pretty entertaining and all the judgements about how bad they are are over blown. The one flaw in the WNBA game is they aren't very good passers. But they can shoot and hustle.

The crowd was impressive considering my closed minded thoughts coming into the game. It was a game that featured the return of a Purdue rookie, so there were some folks there to see that. (the game was in indianapolis) I saw quite a few of the NEW fever jerseys. Considering they had come out only a week or so previous I was impressed.

Talking to my friend of a friend that plays, she didn't like the new uniforms at first. Kind thought they fit weird. But after playing a few games, last I heard she really really liked them. Said they move so much better than the old ones.

As for the designs, I actually kinda like the templates in this case. For a league that isn't making any money, I think its hard to expect 12 completely unique cuts and templates. Having one template and allowing each team to put their own stamp on it is cool too me. I think it lends itself better to some than others. The comet's and silver stars are really sharp. I love the sky's uniforms, but the buildings under the armpits are going to be hidden most of the time. (I also loved the St. John's uniforms during the Felipe Lopez era with the skyline...) The Storms isn't as successful even though its a logo element. Same goes for the monarchs. I can see what they were going for but it just didn't work too well IMO.

All in all, I think they are sharp. I'm not going to berate anyone making fun of the WNBA cause I used to. Considering I pretty much always like fringe sports, I don't know why I never gave it a chance. I gave it a shot though and maybe its paritially because I know people involved, I came away convinced. I'm not going to go out and buy season tickets, or even purchase any. But I might take my friend up on the offer of free tickets some time.

And by the way...that girl looks like she's 15.

draft3_400_070404.jpg

wnbdraft_400_0704.jpg

draft6_400_070404.jpg

gall4_600_070404.jpg

Too bad she's 6-3...lol

Agreed!

Yup, she is; BTW, I'm about 6'4"!

I'm 6'6" so she'd work out perfectly for me. Plus, anybody else get a load of that rack on her?

And by the way...that girl looks like she's 15.

Yes, but the important thing is that she's not. :D

Archived