London 2012 Unveils Logo

DEAD!

I didn't realize that the logo presentation caused epileptic seizures.

But this is something sports in general has been very lax about. Sports has gone with the garish lights, the strobe lights, etc., not realizing this is a real problem with people who have epilepsy.

I know. I have epilepsy. I haven't had a seizure in years -- thank God for modern medicine -- but I always fear having a seizure, especially in a public place. I have to go someplace like the restroom during player introductions at basketball games just to avoid the overuse of the light shows.

What may be pretty to some is actually dangerous to others.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres an idea - if they wanted 'abstract' they could've done something like British racing circuit Silverstone.

I can't find a large image of the logo, but you can see it top right (and at the end of the splash) here:

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/home.php

Here you go.

silverstonelogo.png

I agree, it's pretty cool.

this is the first time i think i have saw a logo be universally hated to this extent. the slug had its haters but most of them were bandwagon haters because it was cool at the time. But this logo, is the damndest thing ive ever seen. I can't believe they robbed tax payer money from the people to come up with this crap. So this is where tax and spend gets us. Tax the :censored: out of the people, so they can waste money on a :censored: logo. me personally, i'd unleash the soccer thugs, storm the parlimentary building and hold the politician in charge of the waste of money hostage and demand that they return the money they wasted on the logo back to the people.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?

The same guys who invented new coke.

Can you imagine there was a meeting with 20 guys in suits around a big oak conference table? One guy introduces the firm to present their new hip logo. They put up a powerpoint that shows this piece of garbage and saw how its cool and the young people will like it. Everyone knows its a piece of :censored:, but everyone is afraid to tell the CEO that they just wasted a crapload of money. So everyone smiles and says, "oh, yeah. It's unique and edgy and will get attention." Little did they know how right they would be.

Everyone loves a roundel.

me personally, i'd unleash the soccer thugs, storm the parlimentary building and hold the politician in charge of the waste of money hostage and demand that they return the money they wasted on the logo back to the people.

... all you have to do is to get a dozen people from Liverpool.... that will do the trick...

I saw, I came, I left.

from gamesbids.com

London 2012 Logo “Here To Stay”

Like it or not, the controversial logo for the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games is “here to stay”, according to Culture Secretary Tessa Jowell, although she admitted on BBC TV that the design had caused a “storm” and that it was right to withdraw a section of the film blamed for causing epileptic fits.

She added, “we want a logo which is adaptable and can be used in a variety of different ways. I know it has caused a storm…it is here to stay”, calling it “absolutely terrific” and that there will be instant identification of the logo. She said that the logo had at least “got people talking”. She said it could be used in a “variety of different contexts”.

When asked whether the logo was worth its 400,000-pound fee Jowell said, “I think it was, yes”. She said an “endorsement version” of the logo would be ready in the next few weeks for use by community organizations and that this version would be for schools, community sports clubs, local environmental groups and voluntary organizations, to be used as a “statement of their ambition to do more for their community as part of the Olympics”.

Meanwhile a survey of 11 to 20 year-olds showed that 70 per cent of respondents disliked it. The study by Q Research found 68 per cent of those polled said they “hate” the design, with more than half of them explaining it was because it did not say anything about London.

Ugghh....give me strength. "If we pretend everyone likes it...."

EDIT:The Telegraph has an image of what the 'evolution' could be.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...10/nlogo210.xml

Slight improvement but not much.

Archived