London 2012 Unveils Logo

DEAD!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does have a touch of fakeness about it.

Lord Coe said he didn't want some dull corporate logo that would be on a shirt that people would end up doing the gardening in in 5 years time.

Well, I've got news for you - I don't think anyone would want to be caught dead wearing that thing before or after the games.

I smell conspiracy. If you sort of squint you can see a hidden Anaheim Ducks logo in the center. haha jk.

... and if you have access to an electron microscope, you can see the 2006 FIFA World Cup logo making a mockery of it...

I saw, I came, I left.

It's really like one of those "Magic Eye" pictures. I have to stop and stare at it and force myself to see "2012" since the best I can do when I glance at it is see "20R", which makes me think it's from a "Fast & Furious" Honda.

This simple concept of tying in with the iconic London Tube Map, if fleshed out, could have been really clever.

_43007373_george_cook_220jpg.jpglondon-tube-map.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Whoever designed this should lose their license to design a logo for anybody. Still, it's 1000% better than anything the NIFL has to offer.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

One of the funkiest logos I've seen. I've never seen a logo with the central visual element being the YEAR it is used for.

My main question is why is there several versions of this in different colors? Why not make one logo that uses all four colors...like this:

london2012.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

even such a minor modification made it look SIGNIFICANTLY better. that's how bad the logo is.

bcfc9ol.pngHoJ.jpg

Birmingham City: Kings of Central England

''Supporting Birmingham City will be the death of me''

KaTo already commented on the fact that the two 2s are different. Another question is: what is that extraneous mark before that second 2 that causes it to look like an R?

I am thinking that I must be missing something. There some hidden "UK" or something there in the white space, right?

Well, at any rate, I am sure that everyone is terribly excited that the Olympics will be in London in the year 20>R

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Well, at any rate, I am sure that everyone is terribly excited that the Olympics will be in London in the year 20>R

You see a 20?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I am thinking that I must be missing something. There some hidden "UK" or something there in the white space, right?

I don't think that much thought went into it.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The comments page at the BBC site compares it to a broken window, graffiti and (the yellow version) Lisa Simpson performing an unusual act.

Great... now I won't be able to watch the 2012 games without unwanted thoughts of cartoon pedophilia.

But then, if The Simpsons actually aged, Lisa would be into her 30's by 2012... well, there's probably a joke there, I just don't wanna think about what it is anymore...

530024489_057366c8ac_o.jpg

A user of Digg by the name of noahhoward (who I would assume is Jason P. Wilson), posted this design he did in about 10 minutes. And I have to say, it is light years ahead of this one.

The BBC also had users submit their designs. There are a few good ones, but unbelievably, it does get worse. LINK.

Although I worry about seeing Lisa Simpson every time I see that logo, I am more worried about seeing that logo every time I see Lisa Simpson

PopHeading-1.gif

my first reaction was... good to see the guys that did the opening credits to saved by the bell got some work been awhile since Mr.Belding was on my TV set... like my god this is terrible... aiming at young people... back in 1992... like my good god...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

What the hell? Good G-d, that sucks. An Underground roundel, the Union Jack, a stylized lion or Britannia figure. They had more then their fair share of classic design elements to choose from, and they pick something that looks like it came off the wall of a McDonalds from the early 90's.

And the site of the designers? What the hell was that? The web site alone should have knocked them off the list as potential design candidates for this project from the start.

This makes the Vancouver logo look decent by comparison.

Archived