6. Georgia Tech

7. North Carolina

8. Virginia

9. Wake Forest

10. NC State

11. Duke

12. Miami (they just look really bad)

I'll take the Big East:

1. Louisville (nice combo of modern and classic)

2. USF (would be #1 if it were a bit more distinctive)

3. UConn

4. (tie) Rutgers and Pitt (both very similar, a little too high school for my taste)

6. West Virginia (a little too modern)

7. Syracuse (very bland)

8. Cincinnati (numbers are horrible, don't really stand out from jersey)

I'll try my hand at ranking the Big 12, though it's pretty tough to determine the order on some of the schools at the top of the list. Despite some of the schools going with more modern looks in recent years, there are still some really classic uniforms here.

1. Texas - With their simple and iconic uniforms, you can almost hear Walter Cronkite saying "We're Texas" when you look at the Longhorns. It doesn't get much better than this, although I wouldn't mind seeing the player numbers return to the side of the helmets above the logo.

2. Oklahoma - It's hard to deny that the Land Thieves are one of the best-dressed teams in college football. Only real nitpicks I had with OU's updated uniforms last year was leaving the player names off the jerseys. The pronounced two-tone look of the crimson home jerseys when they become wet looks odd, but that's an issue with the fabrics and not the design.

3. Nebraska - After the weird side inserts and piping of the Jammal Lord years, it was good to see Big Red go back to something traditional and more befitting of a program like Nebraska. As good as they look at home, I think the Huskers look phenomenal in their white jerseys, red pants, and black cleats on the road.

4. Texas A&M - Not a lot going on here, but that doesn't mean it isn't effective. I was happy to see the Aggies go back to the white facemasks a few seasons ago (anyone else remember the tie-dyed collars from the Jamar Toombs years?). I hope they don't go with a beveled logo on their helmets anytime soon.

5. Kansas - Although the Jayhawks' uniforms were clearly influenced by the New York Giants, you have to admit they picked a pretty good look to adopt as their own. That blue helmet is absolutely beautiful, but I'm worried about the rumored font changes on the uniforms.

6. Oklahoma State - Though I wish they wore something a lot more like the duds Barry Sanders wore back in the day, I have to say that my Pokes look pretty good despite jumping aboard the piping bandwagon. OSU looks modern but still resembles the Cowboy teams of the 80's, yet without mixing together modern and traditional elements like you see with some schools.

7. Missouri - Another school that jumped aboard the piping bandwagon, but Mizzou has put together a good look for themselves. I'm a big fan of the black jerseys and gold pants, but I think MU needs to adjust the gold color on their helmets to more closely match the jerseys and pants.

8. Iowa State - I'm anxious to see what Iowa State will look like in the future, but for right now they have a pretty solid set even though they look pretty similar to the Kansas City Chiefs. I think the white facemask with the cardinal red helmet looks much nicer than the navy blue facemask of a few seasons ago.

9. Texas Tech - I wasn't really sure where to put Tech on this list. While they look much better now than they have in several years, I'm not a fan of the all-red look or the insert above the nameplate on the back of the jersey. The all-black alternates look a tad high school-ish, but I wouldn't say they're terrible.

10. Colorado - Colorado doesn't have a terrible set of modern uniforms, but I rank them low here because I feel like the Buffs had no business abandoning the simple and classy uniforms they used for so many years. If I was ranking CU based on their uniforms from last year, they'd be a lock to be in the top 4 of the Big 12.

11. Baylor - The Bears look great in their green & gold home set (though I think the gold helmets could use a little tweaking), MUCH better than what they wore at home not too long ago. While gold plays a prominent role in the home set, it's practically nonexistent on their bland white & green road uniforms.

12. Kansas State - Props to the Wildcats for resisting the piping craze (at least on their jerseys, hopefully it doesn't show up on their pants), but as was the case with Colorado, they get a big thumbs down for abandoning their classic look. I'm also not a fan of the "band-aids" or the wordmark that's inconsistent with the other KSU athletic programs.

The Big Ten Conference

1. Penn State

2. Michigan

3. Ohio State

4. Iowa

5. Purdue

6. Indiana

7. Michigan State

8. Illinois

9. Wisconsin

10. Northwestern

11. Minnesota

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well you got the Big 10, so how about I go with the AFC--hey--you didn't specify college only conferences :P .

1. Indianapolis

2. Cleveland

3. Kansas City

4. N.Y. Jets

5. Houston

6. Pittsburgh

7. Houston

8. New England

9. Denver

10. Oakland (I Know I'm gonna get ripped for that...but they're too practice-esque for my liking...so lay it on me)

11. Miami

12. San Diego

13. Jacksonville

14. Tennessee

15. Cincinnati

16. Buffalo

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I'll try my hand at ranking the Big 12, though it's pretty tough to determine the order on some of the schools at the top of the list. Despite some of the schools going with more modern looks in recent years, there are still some really classic uniforms here.

1. Texas - With their simple and iconic uniforms, you can almost hear Walter Cronkite saying "We're Texas" when you look at the Longhorns. It doesn't get much better than this, although I wouldn't mind seeing the player numbers return to the side of the helmets above the logo.

2. Oklahoma - It's hard to deny that the Land Thieves are one of the best-dressed teams in college football. Only real nitpicks I had with OU's updated uniforms last year was leaving the player names off the jerseys. The pronounced two-tone look of the crimson home jerseys when they become wet looks odd, but that's an issue with the fabrics and not the design.

3. Nebraska - After the weird side inserts and piping of the Jammal Lord years, it was good to see Big Red go back to something traditional and more befitting of a program like Nebraska. As good as they look at home, I think the Huskers look phenomenal in their white jerseys, red pants, and black cleats on the road.

4. Texas A&M - Not a lot going on here, but that doesn't mean it isn't effective. I was happy to see the Aggies go back to the white facemasks a few seasons ago (anyone else remember the tie-dyed collars from the Jamar Toombs years?). I hope they don't go with a beveled logo on their helmets anytime soon.

5. Kansas - Although the Jayhawks' uniforms were clearly influenced by the New York Giants, you have to admit they picked a pretty good look to adopt as their own. That blue helmet is absolutely beautiful, but I'm worried about the rumored font changes on the uniforms.

6. Oklahoma State - Though I wish they wore something a lot more like the duds Barry Sanders wore back in the day, I have to say that my Pokes look pretty good despite jumping aboard the piping bandwagon. OSU looks modern but still resembles the Cowboy teams of the 80's, yet without mixing together modern and traditional elements like you see with some schools.

7. Missouri - Another school that jumped aboard the piping bandwagon, but Mizzou has put together a good look for themselves. I'm a big fan of the black jerseys and gold pants, but I think MU needs to adjust the gold color on their helmets to more closely match the jerseys and pants.

8. Iowa State - I'm anxious to see what Iowa State will look like in the future, but for right now they have a pretty solid set even though they look pretty similar to the Kansas City Chiefs. I think the white facemask with the cardinal red helmet looks much nicer than the navy blue facemask of a few seasons ago.

9. Texas Tech - I wasn't really sure where to put Tech on this list. While they look much better now than they have in several years, I'm not a fan of the all-red look or the insert above the nameplate on the back of the jersey. The all-black alternates look a tad high school-ish, but I wouldn't say they're terrible.

10. Colorado - Colorado doesn't have a terrible set of modern uniforms, but I rank them low here because I feel like the Buffs had no business abandoning the simple and classy uniforms they used for so many years. If I was ranking CU based on their uniforms from last year, they'd be a lock to be in the top 4 of the Big 12.

11. Baylor - The Bears look great in their green & gold home set (though I think the gold helmets could use a little tweaking), MUCH better than what they wore at home not too long ago. While gold plays a prominent role in the home set, it's practically nonexistent on their bland white & green road uniforms.

12. Kansas State - Props to the Wildcats for resisting the piping craze (at least on their jerseys, hopefully it doesn't show up on their pants), but as was the case with Colorado, they get a big thumbs down for abandoning their classic look. I'm also not a fan of the "band-aids" or the wordmark that's inconsistent with the other KSU athletic programs.

Id say that is a rather accurate ranking there of the Big 12. The Conference has been lucky to have a lot of classic looking teams. Too bad Nike screwed up CU and Mizzou. K-State had a great look going for them, but if the band-aid is their new jersey, i'm just left thinking wtf. Youre right about Baylor. It seems to me that their road uni's are just mising gold. I really hope A&M doesnt add the beveled logo to the helmet ever like OSU and Tech did. It would look as stupid as the tie-dyed collars.

Pac-10 jerseys:

1. USC - simple, yet effective

2. Stanford - love the Cardinal logo

3. Washington - admittedly, I think they do look a little too much like Notre Dame or Purdue (in terms of the helmets), but still a nice set.

4. Cal

5. Arizona State

6. UCLA - hate the number font, otherwise good jersey

7. Washington State - don't like different home and road helmets.

8. Oregon State

9. Arizona - looks too....Arena football-ish

10. Oregon. Enough said.

espnsig.gif

Pac-10 jerseys:

1. USC - simple, yet effective

2. Stanford - love the Cardinal logo

3. Washington - admittedly, I think they do look a little too much like Notre Dame or Purdue (in terms of the helmets), but still a nice set.

4. Cal

5. Arizona State

7. Washington State - don't like different home and road helmets.

8. Oregon State

9. Arizona - looks too....Arena football-ish

10. Oregon. Enough said.

This is pretty accurate unless we are including Cal's yellow jerseys, which are hideous. My list would be the same except bumping Cal to 3, ASU to 4, UCLA to 5 and Washington at 6.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

My pac-10s a little different than everyone elses.

I still have number 1

1. USC, but

2. UCLA-gotta give love for the the ucla stripes

3. Stanford

4. Washington St. (w/o that new one with grey shoulders they had for one game)

5.Washington

6. Arizona

7.Cal

8. Arizona St.

9. Oregon St.

10. Oregon

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

MAC:

1-Ohio

2-E. Michigan

3-N. Illinois

4-Toledo

5-Kent State

6-Bowling Green

7-Temple

8-Ball State

9-W. Michigan

10-C. Michigan

11-Buffalo

12-Miami

13-Akron

After I did this I realized how bad this conference looks.

saBS.png

WAC

1. New Mexico State

2. Nevada

3. Boise State

4. Fresno State

5. Lousiana State

6. Hawaii

7. Utah State

8. San Jose State

9. Idaho

Call me a homer, but after NMSU got rid of black and switched to a crimson and white combination I feel that they have some of the sharpest uniforms in college football.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

Pac-10 jerseys:

27089439.jpg

:therock: umm... they use the same font as most college football teams.

IMO that is the best football uniform in the world. If they screw that up, Penn State takes over, but as of now, UCLA is number one in my book.

Since I'm one of the few people on this board that watches Mountain West football (stupid mtn!), I'll have a go at the MWC.

1. BYU (yeah, I'm biased, but I think it's still a reasonable if not conservative choice)

2. San Diego State (ditched the airbrushing and channeled the Marshall Faulk era--nice)

3. Colorado State (something about the forest green and gold combo is soothing on the eyes--bonus point for jumping to metallic gold well before all the other bandwagoners--St.Louis--did)

4. Air Force (their helmet is beautiful, the uniforms have been a little lacking lately--when they have the bolts on the pants I'm happy)

5. Wyoming (even if they go back to the yellow, they'd still be in this position)

6. TCU (the white/white combo looks good, but the purple with black pants bothers me)

7. Utah (Miami, but in an obnoxious shade of Crimson--yeah, I'm biased here)

8. New Mexico and UNLV (silver--check, red--check, black--check, reused template uniforms--check, the only way to tell the difference is that UNM's players can actually play football while UNLV's can't)

Here's a picture from my personal collection illustrating the top 2:

BYU-SDSU.jpg

Pac-10 jerseys:

27089439.jpg

:therock: umm... they use the same font as most college football teams.

IMO that is the best football uniform in the world. If they screw that up, Penn State takes over, but as of now, UCLA is number one in my book.

Anyone know if UCLA is keeping the light blue shoulder stripes on their away jerseys? If they are, then UCLA loses points from me--the navy shoulder stripes, aside from being traditional, goes well with the navy helmet logo and navy number outlines.

450UCLA_WASHINGTON_FOOTBALL_WAJB107_731732723092006.jpg

EDIT: I guess if you try to post twice in a row, your posts are automatically combined.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

the SEC is a very good looking conference...but imo

1.Auburn

2.LSU

3.Tennessee

4.Bama

5.UGA

6.Florida

7.Ole Miss

8.Vandy

9.Arkansas

10.Kentucky

11.Carolina

12.MSU

ur thoughts??

No one in the SEC has a better uniform than Alabama.

1. Alabama

2. Georgia

3. Tennessee

4. Auburn

5. LSU

6. Vanderbilt

7. Arkansas

8. Florida

9. Kentucky

10. Mississippi

11. Mississippi State

12. South Carolina

#'s 2-5 are basically the same, in my opinion: Minor changes through the years, but have kept the basic same look. #'s 6-8 are alright, just not in the same consistent history as the ones ranked over them. As for #'s 9-12, they keep changing their jerseys to where you aren't sure what they'll be wearing from season to season.

Mingjai I couldn't agree more. I'm a Cougar fan as well but I still have some affection for the home team (SDSU). The two schools had some of the most entertaining football on the west side of the states back in the day. Sadly the Aztecs have been rather horrific.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived