Barry Bonds calls out Bob Costas.

NDwas

Which is completely stupid, since Costas isn't the one who dissed Bonds in the first place, it was Schilling.

Best line: "I might be 5'6", but at least I got there naturally." :D

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Which is completely stupid, since Costas isn't the one who dissed Bonds in the first place, it was Schilling.

Speaking of Schlling... I sure do wish that guy would shut the hell up.

Who was it that, when he was in Philly, said Schilling was a horse every fifth day and a horses ass the other four?

And that Costas line is great.

IUe6Hvh.png

.....hmmm... I should start using that line.... (because I'm 5'-6")

I saw, I came, I left.

If Barry Bonds wants to get into a war of words, he would be a lot better off picking someone other than Bob Costas. He's so overmatched it wouldn't even be funny to watch. Costas would tear him to shreds.

Look, it's only round one, and Barry has already resorted to name calling, which Bob has quickly and deftly turned around to take a shot at Barry and Barry has already had to apologize for saying something dumb. A first round knockout for Costas is the best Bonds can hope for in this case. Throw in the towel Barry, throw in the towel!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Maybe Im Yankee Bias, but I reallly really do not like Curt Schilling or his big ass mouth. Didnt he put his foot in his mouth last time he talked about steroids and Bonds earlier this season?

Why did Barry call out Bob Costas instead of Schilling? Costas didnt say anything at first about him using steroids

"I might be 5'6", but at least I got there naturally." from Bob Costas....ABSOLUTLY CLASSIC PUNCH LINE...LOL

Maybe Im Yankee Bias, but I reallly really do not like Curt Schilling or his big ass mouth. Didnt he put his foot in his mouth last time he talked about steroids and Bonds earlier this season?

I'm a Red Sox fan, and I cant stand Schilling.

Do never mess with Bob Costas - that's a battle you just won't win, son.

Major league baseball telecasts (i'm looking at you, ESPN. Get rid of those tools you do have - aside from John Miller - and pay Costas whatever he wants) aren't the same without him.

Do never mess with Bob Costas - that's a battle you just won't win, son.

Major league baseball telecasts (i'm looking at you, ESPN. Get rid of those tools you do have - aside from John Miller - and pay Costas whatever he wants) aren't the same without him.

Olympic telecasts aren't the same without Bob Costas.

The only memorable call Costas has is that Jeffery Maier interference play.

Am I the only one who thinks Bob Costas comes off as a pompous ass? Apparently. Don't get me wrong, he does a lot of things well, but a lot of times comes off as the moral crusader here to save sports.

Anyway, his finest work was in the movie Pootie Tang. All this baseball junk pales in comparison.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You guys just must really hate Barry Bonds because even if Costas wasn't the first to attack Bonds, he did attack him while he was doing that minor league game. When Costas came at Bonds, he was a hero. Now when Bonds retaliates, he's a moron or he's not picking on someone his own size? That's so hyprocritical of you guys to praise costas and trash bonds for doing the same thing Costas did. I like Costas a lot but this Bonds witchhunt is getting tired. I commend my Philadelphian brother BringBackTheVet for not talking from a bias point of view.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Sorry :down: Double Post.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Am I the only one who thinks Bob Costas comes off as a pompous ass? Apparently. Don't get me wrong, he does a lot of things well, but a lot of times comes off as the moral crusader here to save sports.

Amen BBTV. I had the misfortune of meeting Costas in Atlanta right before SB XXVIII. My friend and I happened to get on an elevator where Bob and one his NBC yes-men were currently heading to the lobby. We politely, and unobtrusively aknowleged him with something simple like "hey Mr. Costas." He rolled his eyes, gave us a weak handshake and then right in front of us complained to his friend that he "gets this all the time." Like we were such a burden. Never has meeting a celebrity made me feel like such a douchebag.

Costas is articulate, knows his material, and without a doubt has a valuable place in sports broadcasting. His ego cannot be measured by the Hubble telescope, though, which cheapens his legacy in my mind. Let him work the Olympics, talk about himself and his love for the Cardinals. But that's about it.

I'm not caught up with Bonds. If pressed I would probably be more against him than for him. I guess I'm neutral.

newsig.jpg

Bonds called out Costas? Now if he'd just call out Dan Shaugnessy and Bob Ryan, he'd be alright with me. Seriously though, Costas? I'm amazed that anyone gives that little :censored: a second thought. That was the silver lining to FOX retaining the exclusive baseball rights: no Costas. Even if it means another seven years of Buck and McCarver calling the Series, it means seven years without Costas and Morgan. Hallelujah!

Not Yankee bias. I rather dislike Schill as well.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

You guys just must really hate Barry Bonds because even if Costas wasn't the first to attack Bonds, he did attack him while he was doing that minor league game. When Costas came at Bonds, he was a ero. Now when Bonds retaliates, he's a moron or he's not picking on someone his own size? That's so hyprocritical of you guys to praise costas and trash bonds for doing the same thing Costas did. I like Costas a lot but this Bonds witchhunt is getting tired. I commend my Philadelphian brother BringBackTheVet for not talking from a bias point of view.
Amen BBTV. I had the misfortune of meeting Costas in Atlanta right before SB XXVIII. My friend and I happened to get on an elevator where Bob and one his NBC yes-men were currently heading to the lobby. We politely, and unobtrusively aknowleged him with something simple like "hey Mr. Costas." He rolled his eyes, gave us a weak handshake and then right in front of us complained to his friend that he "gets this all the time." Like we were such a burden. Never has meeting a celebrity made me feel like such a douchebag.

Costas is articulate, knows his material, and without a doubt has a valuable place in sports broadcasting. His ego cannot be measured by the Hubble telescope, though, which cheapens his legacy in my mind. Let him work the Olympics, talk about himself and his love for the Cardinals. But that's about it.

I'm not caught up with Bonds. If pressed I would probably be more against him than for him. I guess I'm neutral.

Bonds called out Costas? Now if he'd just call out Dan Shaugnessy and Bob Ryan, he'd be alright with me. Seriously though, Costas? I'm amazed that anyone gives that little :censored: a second thought. That was the silver lining to FOX retaining the exclusive baseball rights: no Costas. Even if it means another seven years of Buck and McCarver calling the Series, it means seven years without Costas and Morgan. Hallelujah!

OK folks. Enough's enough. You four are exhibiting dangerous thought patterns. We can settle this peaceably, or are we going to have to lock you in solitary and play readings of Fair Ball on a continuous loop until you crack? The choice is yours. <_<:P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived