2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look! It's Paul "I miss empty nets 3 times a game and am OCD like crazy" Kariya!

Someone's mad Kariya left their team...

Nope. I used to like him...BEFORE he came here and I had to watch him on a daily basis. The Blues fans will soon see what I'm talking about.

Those definately are not the Preds pants. Historically, we used a solid blue pant...and Kariya left before New Pants would have come out (we have yet to see if any changes have been made to them).

Possible Avs template?

409278fd7bf2efa2c2330bf540b672aa.300.jpg

6eb3d4ef16c21fd971588d27db527283.300.jpg

I don't think so...we heard there would be few changes made to the Avs...I don't think that is a jersey RBK could change, it's their identity.

wrong,thats pretty much similar to what the avs will wear. give or take a few select mods and logos. Its not a few tweaks here or there, its jersey makeover. Gone is the mountain template, in is the similar lake erie template.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

It is discouraging to come here to see the unveilings. People are acting like whinny little bitches. Concepts are either too plain "uninspired" or horrific "too much pipping". The only sets deemed perfect are those that have not changed. ie. Montreal and Detroit. People are just hating change. I find change interesting.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Possible Avs template?

Maybe, maybe not.

At least this gives us a better look at what the sides of the Flyers' new sleeves will look like.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It is discouraging to come here to see the unveilings. People are acting like whinny little bitches. Concepts are either too plain "uninspired" or horrific "too much pipping". The only sets deemed perfect are those that have not changed. ie. Montreal and Detroit. People are just hating change. I find change interesting.

the bruins changed and they are liked almost hightly favored. The blue jackets made the full time switch to their alternates and were highly favored. the problem with these is that they are either a disaster or suffer the uninspired template effect. WHich is what plagued the nhl in the 80s was the template effect.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

It's not 'hating change' per se. It's the fact that all the changes are pointless, uninspired, and templated. I love change, it keeps things fresh, but all these changes are not for the best as they all seem to be doing their level best to throw any semblance of hockey tradition out the door in favour of a soccer inspired theme. Frankly, I'm surprised the NHL hasn't gone the route of plastering ads all over the damn things.

I don't know how accurate this is since it's not on the Avs website....but this was on the Avs forum.

Also a post today over on HF: Avs to unveil next Wendsday the 12th, 10am Mountain time at Pepsi Center.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

And, so, if the Tigers started wearing navy pinstripes at home, you'd be cool with that, right?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Possible Avs template?

Maybe, maybe not.

At least this gives us a better look at what the sides of the Flyers' new sleeves will look like.

UGH, I hate what rbk has done, I wouldnt mind change if it looked good, this does not look better in any way to what the flyers were wearing last year.

This is from NHL.com in regards to the Stars new uniform:

"As part of the Modano media junket, the principles were all assembled early Wednesday morning at the posh Upper West Side Empire Hotel, where three suites had been reserved for print interviews with publications like USA Today, video shoots with NHL Productions, and a series of photo shoots, including one elaborate session with NHL Images that included the new, yet-to-be-released Dallas Stars RBK Edge uniform (we like it very much) and an assortment of snaps with all four fitted with red, white and blue Team USA jerseys."

Also, anyone know when the Hurricanes are supposed to unveil their jersey today?

the bruins changed and they are liked almost hightly favored. The blue jackets made the full time switch to their alternates and were highly favored. the problem with these is that they are either a disaster or suffer the uninspired template effect. WHich is what plagued the nhl in the 80s was the template effect.

The 80's were ruled by templates? That's news to me. I believe most NHL clubs in the 80's had recognizable or what I would call "patented" stripe patterns and uniforms. No one ever made the criticism that they were too generic back then and most people actually like those old uniforms better than the new stuff. It's simple classic stuff for the most part.

The old Orr era Bruins uniforms were no exception. There is no other team in the NHL with that pattern. That's actually why I don't like the new Bruins uniform as much as everyone else here. To me the new uni looks generic - which you seem to agree with. They should have gone back to the Orr era stripes instead because it was unique. They could have changed it up enough to satisfy the corporate money chasers that clearly want new product to sell.

The rest of the Reebok designs are far more generic than any other era of the league and they are not very well thought out. They are obviously drawn from the same templates and not very attractive. People see this right off the bat and that's why there's so much criticism. If Reebok was committed to designing uniforms that respected the traditions of teams and were actually attractive people wouldn't be so upset.

DEATH TO REEBOK

No one ever made the criticism that they were too generic back then and most people actually like those old uniforms better than the new stuff. It's simple classic stuff for the most part.

That's a bit of a red herring, no? I'm going out on a limb, but I'd say that the jerseys were just not that big a deal back in the early to mid 80s. For the NHL, I'd say the focus on jerseys didn't really start until the first wave of alternates (Wild Wing, etc).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hello All:

I really like the Penguins' new jerseys, and think they will work especially well on ice. While the template lends itself to some opportunities for disappointment, I think the Pens' version is very good.

I'm slightly disappointed in the Pittsburgh 250 logo, however. I think it is somewhat poorly executed.

To give some background, the city is in fact celebrating its 250th anniversary next year. The official launch is in November and being led by one of the local civic organizations. There is an overarching identity being used is based on a promotional campaign for the region that was launched last year. The 250 logo is essentially what is referred to the "imagine Pittsburgh" logo, with a 250 plopped on top.

Pgh250logo_std.gif

It would have been nice to see them include this imagery somehow into the design, perhaps by changing the red to vegas gold. It could have been an interesting way to incorporate the civic logo design into the uniform.

Pgh250logo_wvg.gif

Does anyone recall a sports team commemorating an event like this? I can't remember a uniform commemoration for a historical event like the city's founding.

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Hello All:

I really like the Penguins' new jerseys, and think they will work especially well on ice. While the template lends itself to some opportunities for disappointment, I think the Pens' version is very good.

I'm slightly disappointed in the Pittsburgh 250 logo, however. I think it is somewhat poorly executed.

To give some background, the city is in fact celebrating its 250th anniversary next year. The official launch is in November and being led by one of the local civic organizations. There is an overarching identity being used is based on a promotional campaign for the region that was launched last year. The 250 logo is essentially what is referred to the "imagine Pittsburgh" logo, with a 250 plopped on top.

Pgh250logo_std.gif

It would have been nice to see them include this imagery somehow into the design, perhaps by changing the red to vegas gold. It could have been an interesting way to incorporate the civic logo design into the uniform.

Pgh250logo_wvg.gif

Does anyone recall a sports team commemorating an event like this? I can't remember a uniform commemoration for a historical event like the city's founding.

It happens. The Oilers had Alberta 75th Anniversary patches on their first unis.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Hello All:

Pgh250logo_std.gif

Pgh250logo_wvg.gif

It happens. The Oilers had Alberta 75th Anniversary patches on their first unis.

Happens a lot actually... I'm sure it's happened more recently but the last one I recall was the Tigers wearing a Detroit 300 patch... both the Jays and Leafs wore Toronto 150 patches in 1984... the Orioles wore a city of Baltimore anniversary patch in 1997.

The entire CFL wore Canada 125 patches in 1992

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Archived