NFL Captain's C's

StevieY19

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5195

The Bills have always elected team captains each season, but the league is making a greater effort to recognize them. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's new Player Advisory Council has spearheaded a league-wide initiative to have captains recognized with a 'C' embroidered on each of their jerseys.

"It's even cooler that you're recognized with a 'C' on your jersey," said Moorman.

Bills will wear the "C" on the unis on Sunday.

Bills Captains:

-JP Losman (Off)

-Lee Evans (Off)

-Angelo Crowell (Def)

-Chris Kelsay (Def)

-Brian Moorman (ST)

-Coy Wire (ST)

saBS.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Colts have a different fabric that doesn't break horizontally above the numbers/below the shoulders like the Saints do. I imagine that will be different for the different jersey cuts. As you can see, the Colts cannot have them where the Saints do without covering the seam.

But I agree, the Saints wear them better. I also think these are a little big and obtrusive.

I like the C's but I think they should've stuck with one for offense, defense and ST.

I do like the idea of the stars under the C and the colored in Stars representing the years a player has been a captain. It doesn't quite work this year but it'll look better a few years down the road if the NFL keeps it.

I think you get a star for every year you are captain since the inception of the patch program, so we won't know for four years.

I think that's true, and adds to the stupidity of the idea. "Sure, I've been a captain for 10 years, but let's leave those three empty stars on there for 2008-2010."

Pictures of game action don't change my opinion. Bad execution... and not really a good idea, either.

Maybe the NFL wants people to get used to the patches so that when ads eventually show up in that spot no one will complain.

It's cool--because its solely on the Captain's jersey and no one else's.

No, it's not cool, because it is unnecessary clutter on the jersey (just like the damn neon green dot on the QB helmet isn't cool).

It's where I sit.

Maybe the NFL wants people to get used to the patches so that when ads eventually show up in that spot no one will complain.

My exact thoughts.

Get outta my head!!! :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I actually like how these patches look now that I've seen them in action. I also think some people are stuck on the whole star thing (for whatever reason) way too much. Has it been established that it has to do with years of service? or is it more of importance and relevance? IOW, like in college when a player gets a helmet decal or something. Do Captains gain stars through accomplishments and recognition similar to the army, hence the four stars? If so, then this would make a ton of sense. A guy like Peyton would become a "4 star" captain consequently becoming the consummate team leader....know what I mean? This whole thing makes a ton of sense to me....if indeed they plan on coordinating it in that manner.

Never been a fan of displaying the captain with a "C". It kinda defeats the purpose. Captains usually lead through example and tough play which earns the respect and capt status from their teammates. No labels are needed.

Actually, in hockey (and consequently now in football) it helps the referees during penalty situations to mention one example.

Regardless of that fact, I disagree that captains don't have to be labeled. Captains, who do indeed lead by example should be recognized by more than just respect. The US Army doesn't give stripes to ranking officials as a fashion statement. They are there to remind people who is in command and in what order they are. Football or hockey is in no way comparible to the army by any means, but you get the point right?

Archived