Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

Ok did anyone catch the end of regulation in the Browns-Ravens game? Possibly the most crazy play ever to end a game. Phil Dawson kicks a FG that bounces off the upright, bounces inward and hits the little support bar and bounces out. FG is good and game is tied. Wow!

And in other news, the Colts didn't look good today and we should've lost, but thankfully the Chiefs offense sucks.

I saw it. At first I thought the officials were going to let it slide and give Baltimore the win. Fortunately justice prevailed and the Browns rode the luckiest bounce I've seen since...well ever...to a win in OT. The team I thought might win 5 games all season is 6-4 and in the thick of the playoff hunt. What a weekend for football in Northern Ohio! Beating Michigan and Baltimore in the same weekend is as good as it gets.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Falcons are down 31-0.

Ugh.

And there go the playoffs.

WHAT? We seriously had a chance. :D

Well, it wouldn't have mattered who was at QB, but I do have to wonder why the Falcons started Leftwich?

The Bucs were up 7-0 early in the second quarter when Leftwich tried to scramble from the pocket on his gimpy ankles and was hit from behind by Greg White , knocking the ball loose. Barber picked it up on one bounce and scooted 41 yards to the end zone without being touched.

At that point, the Georgia Dome crowd broke into cheers of ''Joey! Joey! Joey!'' Petrino decided to stick with Leftwich, and things only got worse.

:D

I saw, I came, I left.

Falcons are down 31-0.

Ugh.

And there go the playoffs.

WHAT? We seriously had a chance. :D

Well, it wouldn't have mattered who was at QB, but I do have to wonder why the Falcons started Leftwich?

The Bucs were up 7-0 early in the second quarter when Leftwich tried to scramble from the pocket on his gimpy ankles and was hit from behind by Greg White , knocking the ball loose. Barber picked it up on one bounce and scooted 41 yards to the end zone without being touched.

At that point, the Georgia Dome crowd broke into cheers of ''Joey! Joey! Joey!'' Petrino decided to stick with Leftwich, and things only got worse.

:D

The Falcons started Leftwich because Petrino already said that Leftwich was his starter before the NO game. Leftwich goes down, Harrington comes in. Harrington loses his starting job again once Leftwich is healthy. Yet the weird thing is, the team had NONE of the chemistry that they had in the NO game, and none that they had with Harrington in the past few games. I'm thinking that the team probably ain't happy with this QB carosuel, especially after they were finally getting used to Joey.

That being said, I'm shocked the crowd wanted Joey in. A month ago he would've been assassinated if he showed his face in public.

*scribbles "Alex Barron", "Milford Brown" in "Death Note"*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Atleast the Falcons scored. 31-7. I hope Joey starts vs. the Colts.

I hope so too, hopefully we'll then hear chants of "DJ! DJ! DJ!" :P

If he only wasn't hurt. He should do really well next year.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Who did Ed Hochuli antagonize so badly that he got the Rams-49ers game?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

*AHEM*

The St. Louis Rams football organization would like to officially apologize for their part in collaborating with the San Francisco 49ers in setting back the game of American football 3 decades.

That was also unpleasantly exciting in the end....

*puts away wakizashi* :blink:

That said...according to the official Rams statisticians and historians...today's win was number 500 in franchise history. :woot:

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, the redskins lost, so Detroit is still in position for a wild card. The bad thing, is the 3 5-5 teams behind them in the wildcard race all beat the Lions, so they would have the tiebreaker on them. The rest of the schedule is very tough, they have Dallas, Kansas City, and Green Bay at home, and Minnesota, Green Bay, and San Diego on the road. Luckily, they only play one more game against an NFC East team. The NFC East has accounted for 3 of the Lions' 4 losses.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, the redskins lost, so Detroit is still in position for a wild card. The bad thing, is the 3 5-5 teams behind them in the wildcard race all beat the Lions, so they would have the tiebreaker on them. The rest of the schedule is very tough, they have Dallas, Kansas City, and Green Bay at home, and Minnesota, Green Bay, and San Diego on the road. Luckily, they only play one more game against an NFC East team. The NFC East has accounted for 3 of the Lions' 4 losses.

So are they still going to win 10 games?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

What the hell is with the Chargers this season?

Norv Turner is with the Chargers this season. He wasn't before.

There were homers on the cowboys board that wanted norv here. I had it out with them in a 10 page thread on why i didn't want his failed ass here. I was skeptical of wade at first considering that he like norv does good when in a cordinating position but failed at every stop in the head coaching position. firing marty and hiring norv was probably the stupidest thing the chargers did. Granted they usually failed in the playoffs, but at least marty got them there. Norv struggles to break 500 when hes the head coach. The only aspect i'd have norv here in is the OC and Garrett is doing a nice enough job there to not even warrent bringing in Norv in that capacity. but in fairness to wade though, he is cooking with parcells groceries.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Sooo...35-7 New England at the half.

Anybody care to take a wager on when Tom Brady will be pulled?

Today, we are all otaku.

So are they still going to win 10 games?

It is looking less likely, but still a possibility. They did beat Dallas last season, so if they can beat them at home, I think they can beat Minnesota, Kansas City, and Maybe Green Bay at home on Thanksgiving, and that would give them ten if they lost the other ones. We'll see, but it will have to start with a win over Green Bay on Thanksgiving.

MegatronSig2.jpg

They did beat Dallas last season, so if they can beat them at home

You said it yourself. "Last year both teams were totally different than they are this year, though."

Or does that only apply to college football?

Just wondering. :D

Just let it go, man. :P

They are different, I think Detroit and Dallas are both better than they were last year. I was just saying they weren't supposed to beat Dallas last year, and they did, so it is a possibilty. And I did say they beat them last year, and IF they can beat them again, so at least give me a little bit of credit. ^_^

MegatronSig2.jpg

My thoughts exactly. I was there live and wondered how did the 49ers get the A-crew refs. Once again for all of you that don't know: The 49ers still suck. That ending was inept as you can get. Field goal! What the hell?

My thoughts exactly. I was there live and wondered how did the 49ers get the A-crew refs. Once again for all of you that don't know: The 49ers still suck. That ending was inept as you can get. Field goal! What the hell?

And yet it almost worked out....which as I pointed out above probably would have warrented seppuku. Geeze...Rams have almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory the last two weeks in the 4th Quarter.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived