The most despised player from your enemy team...

Swiss

After the threads "Your best enemy" and "Your worst ally", I'm proposing you about telling who is the most despised player ever that played in your rival team.

When I'm putting some names here, I'm not meaning that I hate them. Hatred is a powerful and serious feeling that shouldn't be in sports.

Yankees:

- George Weiss aside of building a fabulous Yankee Empire (that costed possible pennants for my Red Sox, ha ha), he was very cheap with the own Yankees players. Whitey Ford suffered him and never reached 20 victories per year because Weiss sat him (so he could save some pennies no paying him the reward for winning 20+ victories)

- Joe DiMaggio. Sure, he was one of the best players with great records. But I can't stand him because of his coldness. He was all the opposite of the amiable, cheerful Mickey Mantle.

- Joe McCarthy. Let's see his face and read about his managing. You got the idea.

- Roger Clemens. 'Nuff said!

Dodgers:

- Tommy Lasorda!!! Ha ha ha, no, I'm kidding.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Yankees:

Alex Rodriguez- maybe he was always a douchebag, but I never paid enough attention until he was in NY. I don't care for his comments about Jeter, the "glove slap" in the 2004 playoffs and yelling out against the Jays in 2007.

Roger Clemens- he's the Texas Con Man.

It's tough for me to pinpoint the Angels enemy team, but I'm gonna go with Boston over Oakland, LA, or Seattle.

- Manny Ramirez. Ugh, just.....ugh. I absolutely hate that man.

For the Lions, again, it's tough to really pinpoint a team, since we've been out of contention for the better part of 50 years.

For the Suns, I've gotta go with Tim Duncan. He's a great player, lacking any sort of personality.

For the Wings, need I bring this up?

drapes.jpg

I will, however, gladly bring this up

mccarty-fight.jpg

For the Wings, need I bring this up?

drapes.jpg

I don't think it would take any Red Wings fan longer then two seconds to say "Claude the Fraud" to this question.

I hate Chris Pronger, too. Sure he's good, but I still can't stand that bastard.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I am an O's, Bills and Sabres fan....

Yankees: A-Rod, Jason Giambi, and Roger Clemens

Red Sox: Manny Ramirez and Curt Schilling

Dolphins: Joey Porter

Patriots: Vince Wilfork, Tom Brady, and Randy Moss

Senators: Chris Neil, Brian McGratton, Danny Heatley, Ray Emery, and Daniel Alfredsson

Maple Leafs:Mats Sundin and formerly Tie Domi

saBS.png

Bears: George Halas. Not only did he found the team, but he was a racist who went as far as to offer $100 to the player who would "knock the mustache off" of Bob Mann (the Packers first black player).

Vikings: Whoever that scrub corner was who tried to gouge out Frank Winters' eye in the '96 game at Lambeau. Can we say "begging for a chop block?"

I know for a lot of Packers fans, the answer to this question is Randy Moss, but am I the only one who thought his faux-moon was kind of funny (in a juvenile kind of way)?

Bulls: Michael Jordan. I respect his talents, but hate him as a person. If I had to choose only one person to blame for the crass consumerism that is destroying inner-city communities, it'd probably be him.

Cubs: Honestly, it's their douchebag yuppie fans (who love to hate on Wisconsin, yet can't seem to stop visiting here). Nothing is lovable about those losers.

Bears: George Halas. Not only did he found the team, but he was a racist who went as far as to offer $100 to the player who would "knock the mustache off" of Bob Mann (the Packers first black player).

Vikings: Whoever that scrub corner was who tried to gouge out Frank Winters' eye in the '96 game at Lambeau. Can we say "begging for a chop block?"

I know for a lot of Packers fans, the answer to this question is Randy Moss, but am I the only one who thought his faux-moon was kind of funny (in a juvenile kind of way)?

Bulls: Michael Jordan. I respect his talents, but hate him as a person. If I had to choose only one person to blame for the crass consumerism that is destroying inner-city communities, it'd probably be him.

Cubs: Honestly, it's their douchebag yuppie fans (who love to hate on Wisconsin, yet can't seem to stop visiting here). Nothing is lovable about those losers.

I'll stay with you on Halas, and sorta for Moss. I didn't find the faux-moon funny, but I just didn't care about it really. I didn't take it is the personal slap in the face that many other Packers fans did.

And, even as a Sox fan, I'll agree with the sentiment about Cubs fans. Except, I also love to hate on Wisconsin, but in more of a "just givin' youse guys the business" joking around kinda way.

He was not begging for a chop block because Frank Winters had already gone after his knee after the play. The eye gauge, while innappropriate was done in retaliation to a very dirty/dangerous play.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Football:

Being a Seahawks fan, I always had a dislike for John Elway. Can't pinpoint why. I just did.

Baseball:

Joltin' Joe. He disappointed me more than anything else. Always thought he was a legend until I read his biography and found out he was just a jerk.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I'm a Browns fan, first of all.

I've never liked Joey Porter [former steeler.]

Well, isn't he the same guy who spit in William Green's face a few years back and the guy who got into a fight with a Bengal or someone in Las Vegas? Not sure about the second part, but the first part is definitely true. However, Porter is far froom my most despised player from an enemy team. Spitting in Green's face was just classless though.

Baseball:

Joltin' Joe. He disappointed me more than anything else. Always thought he was a legend until I read his biography and found out he was just a jerk.

Did you read " Joe DiMaggio: The Hero's Life" written by Richard Ben Cramer? I had read and, yes, I was very deceptioned...

Ah, someone mentioned A-Rod, so let's enlist him in my list. :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Johnny Damon. It's one thing to sign with the "enemy team"... it's a whole 'nother thing to say playing isn't about the money, and that you'll never be a Yankee to your current fanbase that basically worshipped you, and then signing with the Yankees because they offered you more money.

IUe6Hvh.png

Baseball:

Did you read " Joe DiMaggio: The Hero's Life" written by Richard Ben Cramer? I had read and, yes, I was very deceptioned...

Ah, someone mentioned A-Rod, so let's enlist him in my list. :D

I think so. My wife bought the book thinking I'd like it. I have a few books on the golden age of baseball. Wish I'd never picked up that book.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

NFL

Patriots- Bill Belichick

MLB-

Braves- Hmmmmmmmmmm this is a tough one hes gone but it was Andruw Jones

NBA-

Lakers- Kobe

NHL-

Flyers-Right now nobody but it used to be Eric Lindros and GM Bobby Clarke.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yankees: A-Rod was really the only player that I found to be despicable on the Yankees. Although I defended him for the beating he recieved from the media, the dude was an :censored: on the field. Bitch-slapping, the whole "AH" thing, etc.

Mets: Willie Randolph, especially since the whole "Champagne will taste sweeter." comment blew up right in his face.

Saints: Reggie Bush. A 3 yard run is not a highlight.

Panthers: Steve Smith. Judging by what I've heard, that's probably an insufferable dude to be around, he just doesn't get the coverage that a T.O. and Moss would get.

I absolutely hate the Dallas Cowboys and Green Bay Packers, but they've always had a lot of respectable players or personnel.

For example, how can one hate, from the Cowboys, Roger Staubach, Tom Landry, Troy Aikman, Too Tall Jones, etc. Of course, there is Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer.

With the Packers, there are class acts in Brett Favre, Bart Starr, Reggie White, Jerry Kramer and Ray Nitschke. One can even like Vince Lombardi and Paul Hornung.

I know, it's weird.

Archived