Players in the "wrong" uniforms

By definition, none of those redneck cars belongs in a "uniform" thread.

From m-w.com

Uniform (noun)

-a special kind of clothing that is worn by all members of a group or organization.

-Dress of a distinctive design or fashion worn by members of a particular group and serving as a means of identification;

Technically, they wear special drivers suits while racing, so that could be the uniform? ^_^

The suit matches the pit crew, so technically according to your definition it is a uniform

From m-w.com

Uniform (noun)

-a special kind of clothing that is worn by all members of a group or organization.

-Dress of a distinctive design or fashion worn by members of a particular group and serving as a means of identification;

The car fits this definition.

• Like 1

90758391980.gif

From m-w.com

Uniform (noun)

What group is the car a member of? Looks like just a single car to me.

"UNI-form". I don't know the literal etymology (sp) of the word, but it sounds like "one form". It would apply when multiple people wear the same "one form" outfit to distinguish themselves from others, or like if you're talking about pinstripes and how they're uniformly spaced (in this case it's an adjective). Either way, it implies more than one object is needed for the word to apply. Otherwise, it's just a guy wearing something. Or a stripe.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From m-w.com

Uniform (noun)

What group is the car a member of? Looks like just a single car to me.

"UNI-form". I don't know the literal etymology (sp) of the word, but it sounds like "one form". It would apply when multiple people wear the same "one form" outfit to distinguish themselves from others, or like if you're talking about pinstripes and how they're uniformly spaced (in this case it's an adjective). Either way, it implies more than one object is needed for the word to apply. Otherwise, it's just a guy wearing something. Or a stripe.

So when there's some Caribbean country with only one guy competing in the Winter Olympics, he's not wearing a uniform? The NASCAR uniform's purpose is to distinguish the driver from the other drivers. The car is a piece of equipment the drivers use, like a football helmet or hockey stick.

I don't think I had any idea Eric Lindros played for the Stars.

The Flyers are putting him in their HOF, which shocks me, considering his (and his parents') rift with the team, specifically Bobby Clarke. They're also putting in John LeClair, so maybe it makes sense that Lindros is going in, because LeClair was absolutely nothing without Lindros.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mike Vick (wrong number too). PS, in my opinion Vick's "right" uniform will always be these or these. For some reason I always picture him in the away uniform rather than any of the home ones.

I always associate him with the newer red Falcons jersey. Many, many times I played as the Falcons in Madden simply because of Vick, and I always chose the alt red jerseys.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

gaylord-perry-1.jpg

If only because I don't like that a highlight in Mariners' history is his 300th win.

Hilarious coincidence...literally going thru stuff in my garage this weekend and came across a picture of my cousin and I with Gaylord Perry taken at The Kingdome in the 1980's...

• 2 weeks later...