Players in the "wrong" uniforms

I haven't seen this one posted...

Joe Johnson as a Boston Celtic:

1498002.jpg

joe111401.jpg

joe103001.jpg

Playing vs. other guys in wrong uniforms as well...

joevmj11701.jpg

jj120501.jpg

Crazy to think he was traded to Phoenix along with a first round pick to Phoenix for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers. Just think, they could have had KG at center, Paul Pierce at small forward, Ray Allen at shooting guard, Rajon Rondo at point guard, and Joe Johnson at power forward. Granted Allen and Johnson are both SGs (putting him at the PF position wouldn't really work that well), and I doubt contract parameters would have allowed it.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Maybe this was posted before, but #45 & anything Wizards is too easy.

BgdFpNWIUAAJUy1.jpg

Interesting to note that Jordan was instrumental in helping kids learn to count.

12- 23- 45

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I haven't seen this one posted...

Joe Johnson as a Boston Celtic:

1498002.jpg

joe111401.jpg

joe103001.jpg

Playing vs. other guys in wrong uniforms as well...

joevmj11701.jpg

jj120501.jpg

Crazy to think he was traded to Phoenix along with a first round pick to Phoenix for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers. Just think, they could have had KG at center, Paul Pierce at small forward, Ray Allen at shooting guard, Rajon Rondo at point guard, and Joe Johnson at power forward. Granted Allen and Johnson are both SGs (putting him at the PF position wouldn't really work that well), and I doubt contract parameters would have allowed it.

They often had problems judging their talents. Despite failing to get Duncan, they still ended up with another future Finals MVP with the 3rd pick. However, they traded him in the middle of his rookie season and stayed with Antoine Walker for 6 years,

• 2 months later...

Bringing this one back... Baseball HOF inductee Frank Thomas, Auburn Tigers.

10187939.jpeg

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Bringing this one back... Baseball HOF inductee Frank Thomas, Auburn Tigers.

10187939.jpeg

Damn, did not know that. Different time periods, but him and Bo would have been a hell of a heart of the order.
Unfortunately, when they were on the same team, Bo's career was winding down.

Sterling Sharpe's first Packers press conference in 1988. He wore 2 in college, so no idea why they gave him 43.

10245504_10152092857188342_7867304814964

The NFL had a cut and dry numbering system by posistion. Unlike the NCAA which was more "fexable". The NFL adoped the "Exception Rule" about a decade or so ago. So Sterling never got the chance to wear the number he wore in college.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I know people say that a Brewers jersey is the wrong one for Hank Aaron, but thinking about how much he meant to Milwaukee during his years as a Milwaukee Brave, I think it's kinda cool that he got to finish his career in the city in which he began it.

• Like 1

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I know people say that a Brewers jersey is the wrong one for Hank Aaron, but thinking about how much he meant to Milwaukee during his years as a Milwaukee Brave, I think it's kinda cool that he got to finish his career in the city in which he began it.

If you had to pick his "wrong" uniform, it would be his #5 jersey he wore only as a rookie

mjs-stincol20_2(2).jpg

• Like 2

Very true. And I feel the same way about Willie Mays with the Mets. That will never be "wrong" to me.

The Mets' acquisition of Mays happened in the first season during which I was watching baseball; it spurred on my interest in, and my love of, history.

Also, there was great symmetry in the fact that each of the then top three home-run hitters (Aaron, Ruth, and Mays) returned to his original city, but with a different team, at the end of his career.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

All the talk in the NHL thread about the old Sabres look and I come across this tonight. Weird.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/38072/c041077623da20df70a85a013579c1e3ee1f22f2.jpg?x=369&y=425&sig=41b92d27c2353e09253cab2db14c6a09[\IMG]

Can you please identify who this is?

Seriously, people have asked this before. Another poster labeled Yogi Berra (a few posts later), surely you can tell us who a random Sabres player.

• Like 1