Players in the "wrong" uniforms

emmitt-smith.jpg

Off topic, but my god, look at those jerseys! I can't believe we're only like what, 6 years removed from those? 7 maybe?

I mean look at them! Plain is fine, subtle is fine, old school is fine.... But these? Yikes. These are too much. It kinda fascinates me honestly, that something this plain and this terrible could exist in the 2000's.

90758391980.gif

emmitt-smith.jpg

Off topic, but my god, look at those jerseys! I can't believe we're only like what, 6 years removed from those? 7 maybe?

I mean look at them! Plain is fine, subtle is fine, old school is fine.... But these? Yikes. These are too much. It kinda fascinates me honestly, that something this plain and this terrible could exist in the 2000's.

Raiders?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

emmitt-smith.jpg

Raiders?

True. But their colors alone make theirs much more unique than these.

90758391980.gif

On 6/5/2013 at 1:00 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:
On 6/4/2013 at 4:17 PM, mad43dog said:

I liked this uniform. I liked the color of the jersey and I always thought the pants and jersey looked good together. I'd take this era over the current in a heartbeat.

Also, we forget this because off the relocations and the futility, but the Cardinals are one of the league's oldest franchises, so it makes some sense.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I thought this one was very interesting.

kenny.jpg

Kenny Lofton in 2007, his last major league season.

He was traded from Texas to Cleveland that season, wearing a tribe uni for the first time since he became a free agent in 2001.

All time favorite player :)

P.S. I challenge you all to find a picture of Kenny Lofton playing baseball in short sleeves...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

With regards to Lofton, all of his Astros cards have him in short-sleeves. I can't find and don't remember anything but long sleeves after he came to cleveland, growing up with those teams.

Though he did do short sleeves for rock n jock softball. I assume that doesn't count.

EDIT: also found a 1994 spring training shot with vizquel in the cleveland stadium-era home set. They switched for the regular season, but I didn't recall the team ever wearing non-bp tops during spring training.

kenny.jpg

He was traded from Texas to Cleveland that season, wearing a tribe uni for the first time since he became a free agent in 2001.

P.S. I challenge you all to find a picture of Kenny Lofton playing baseball in short sleeves...

I liked those Indians uniforms. That was actually one of the better vest looks of the 2000's

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

With regards to Lofton, all of his Astros cards have him in short-sleeves. I can't find and don't remember anything but long sleeves after he came to cleveland, growing up with those teams.

Though he did do short sleeves for rock n jock softball. I assume that doesn't count.

EDIT: also found a 1994 spring training shot with vizquel in the cleveland stadium-era home set. They switched for the regular season, but I didn't recall the team ever wearing non-bp tops during spring training.

You're right. Odd looking.

All the Lofton Astros cards I had seen were still-shots, until now haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Luongo1997_750x500.jpg

Roberto Luongo and the combined eras Islanders jersey

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here is a real picture of Tebow in practice today with his new helmet. I love this picture. Perfect timing with the guys behind him.

Caption - Brady: "Really? We really sign him?" McDaniels: "Yep, that's my guy. He's here to replace you." 'laughs'.

0ap1000000210832.jpg

kenny.jpg

God what a terrible uni.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

kenny.jpg

God what a terrible uni.

I was completely unaware of this Chief Wahoo monstrosity's existence.

I have no witty signature, sorry.