Players in the "wrong" uniforms

From Getty:

73880061-marty-conlan-of-the-boston-celtics-drives-to-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QRFktuvMz5wCTi3Q2wWnN27D0y1GitJL%2b4dFk9fFKbKx%2fi9%2fw7a9c23%2fJNiTBAhUq4%2bgi4PFd4foFKO5KKPiAn0%3d

BOSTON - 1997: Marty Conlan #30 of the Boston Celtics drives to the basket against Buck Williams #52 of the New York Knicks during a game played in 1997 at the Fleet Center in Boston' date=' Massachusetts.[/quote']

73880061.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QRFktuvMz5wCTi3Q2wWnN27X%2fJLnll3OKQrpU1mh8r02

DIRECT LINK: (http://www.gettyimag...rty conlan 1997)

Looks like the Celtics were wearing the '46-'69 Home Jersey (Throwback Night), based on the description on Getty Images it was a game played in 1997. The date the image was created was on Jan 1st 1997 if that helps in anyway...

tumblr_mp6k4q4yeZ1r10tndo1_500.jpg

Found this scrolling on Tumblr... don't know where the picture came from but I have never seen this Knick's Jersey in my entire life... Any ideas what this may be? Based on my research this image is from 1996 Antoine Walker's rookie year, this was the 96'-'97 season where these Knicks jerseys template were last used as on the next season New York introduced the Black and Orange wide side panels. Could this image had been altered or was this real?

I also found this searching through images, http://catalog.greyf...spx?lotid=23450 i'm not sure what to make of all of this...

Wow great find. I am probably in the minority but I really like those jerseys along with the ones worn last Christmas.

tumblr_mp6k4q4yeZ1r10tndo1_500.jpg

Found this scrolling on Tumblr... don't know where the picture came from but I have never seen this Knick's Jersey in my entire life... Any ideas what this may be? Based on my research this image is from 1996 Antoine Walker's rookie year, this was the 96'-'97 season where these Knicks jerseys template were last used as on the next season New York introduced the Black and Orange wide side panels. Could this image had been altered or was this real?

I also found this searching through images, http://catalog.greyf...spx?lotid=23450 i'm not sure what to make of all of this...

Wow great find. I am probably in the minority but I really like those jerseys along with the ones worn last Christmas.

These were worn during the NBA's 50th Anniversary. A number of teams wore throwbacks throughout the season ... Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Raptors (Huskies), Pistons, etc.

The Knicks (at least the Knicks) wore home throwbacks too ...

$(KGrHqV,!lsFGBso,edwBRi8gMN5vg~~60_35.JPG

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

nolanuo8.jpg

Him wearing the C is a fantastic find. Sakic out with long-term injury?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

nolanuo8.jpg

It's one of only two images I was able to find of him in an Avs jersey, and from the site it came from, it says it was a pre-season game and the C was worn by him for the 'inaugural' season in Colorado for the pre-season only.

nolanuo8.jpg

It's one of only two images I was able to find of him in an Avs jersey, and from the site it came from, it says it was a pre-season game and the C was worn by him for the 'inaugural' season in Colorado for the pre-season only.

And it is one with the Avs in white helmets with white jerseys. I seem to recall they had black helmets with white helmets in their first season... Nolan was traded early in the season for Sandis Ozolinch.

And it is one with the Avs in white helmets with white jerseys. I seem to recall they had black helmets with white helmets in their first season

Is that true? I can't seem to find any pictures of it and NHLUniforms doesn't have anything that claims they did.

OttawaSenators.png

And it is one with the Avs in white helmets with white jerseys. I seem to recall they had black helmets with white helmets in their first season

Is that true? I can't seem to find any pictures of it and NHLUniforms doesn't have anything that claims they did.

It's partially true. Through a search on Getty, it appears they wore black helmets with their white jerseys for the preseason, and not during the regular season. That does in fact make the previous photo I posted quite rare, since he's wearing a white jersey with the white helmet AND the captains patch.

221119-oct-1995-forward-mike-ricci-of-the-colorado-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QP77emu4tzcdCUchRhXQlUg9HW1yi9wMHQ7SH5oojKyKfc8DrJrN7p0rL1N3oaZUAA%3d%3d72462957-special-to-the-philadelphia-daily-news-file-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QMLB5ZtXnxJhHjuTMu0AsNIfhuqy2im%2f68yvCvftXD0aZqjLUx7l9pI2pbAnLgIOEA%3d%3d

359466-sep1996-center-joe-sakic-of-the-colorado-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QN40G27EQsRUZH0TAvyNjy%2f4MYLsyf6wzVKXZJY9TxRMGx7jqUARE5z1GeP0sufUNg%3d%3d

From Getty:

73880061-marty-conlan-of-the-boston-celtics-drives-to-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QRFktuvMz5wCTi3Q2wWnN27D0y1GitJL%2b4dFk9fFKbKx%2fi9%2fw7a9c23%2fJNiTBAhUq4%2bgi4PFd4foFKO5KKPiAn0%3d

BOSTON - 1997: Marty Conlan #30 of the Boston Celtics drives to the basket against Buck Williams #52 of the New York Knicks during a game played in 1997 at the Fleet Center in Boston' date=' Massachusetts.[/quote']

73880061.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QRFktuvMz5wCTi3Q2wWnN27X%2fJLnll3OKQrpU1mh8r02

DIRECT LINK: (http://www.gettyimag...rty conlan 1997)

Looks like the Celtics were wearing the '46-'69 Home Jersey (Throwback Night), based on the description on Getty Images it was a game played in 1997. The date the image was created was on Jan 1st 1997 if that helps in anyway...

The game in question was played January 10, 1997.

Lots of teams used throwback unis to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the NBA - at the time, a big deal was made about how it was the first time the NBA was using throwback uniforms, although teams had been doing it for one-off games going back to 1992 (I have a full list of games if anyone wants it).

Beezer as an Islander

john-vanbiesbrouck.jpg

• Like 1

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The game in question was played January 10, 1997.

Lots of teams used throwback unis to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the NBA - at the time, a big deal was made about how it was the first time the NBA was using throwback uniforms, although teams had been doing it for one-off games going back to 1992 (I have a full list of games if anyone wants it).

Interesting... So are those suppose to be a mock up of their 1946 BAA jerseys? (Based on the fact that they played their first game against the Toronto Huskies) Then that leaves the question for when were these (Below) jerseys introduced? According to the archive on CCSL these were first worn in 1946 and last worn in 1952... Just leaves a lot to speculate about.

eaghvpzkfhrmolism3jlw19e2.gifi5mpvhqbte9f61zkfdtwcgziw.gif

Nights like tonight I'm thankful I'm a RiverDogs season ticket holder..... didn't have to Scrum for tickets to tonight's game. I don't for the life of me understand WHY the Dogs wore THOSE uniforms. We NEVER break those out! Shoulda wore the home whites. Much classier (eventhough the gray patriotic cap would still drag down the look.)

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg