Players in the "wrong" uniforms

capt.f7b34a979a714de7baf584169a905ae1.bruins_capitals_hockey_vzn109.jpg

This is a thread for legends, not for backups who had a few successful years as a starter. :P

Have you seen half the pictures in this thread? I'm pretty sure Huet is better at his position than Garth Brooks sporting the Padres Threads.

Well to be fair I would guess he's a legend in his own right, and it's unusual to see him in a Padres jersey(That's why he's up there.)

Besides Huet JUST got traded, should I put every one else who got traded this year?

Montreal fans :rolleyes:

Hi, how are you?

Bryant Reeves in an NBA jersey...By far the worst pick in NBA history

reeves131.jpg

Really?

Ever hear of Sam Bowie? LaRue Martin? Len Bias? Michael Olowokandi? Darko Milicic? Andrew Bogut?

Back on topic, here's Robert Parish with the Bulls...

33-30289-F.jpg

reeves131.jpg

Really?

Ever hear of Sam Bowie? LaRue Martin? Len Bias? Michael Olowokandi? Darko Milicic? Andrew Bogut?

33-30289-F.jpg

Hit a nerve with Len Bias. Had Bias not killed himself, Boston would've won at least 5 more titles. I mean you would've had Bias, Bird, McHale, Parish, Johnson. Need I Continue? I am way too young to know this but I do know my NBA history and I may be correct when I say the Cs would have at least 20 NBA championships cuz no one could've matched up with that roster...

reeves131.jpg

Really?

33-30289-F.jpg

Hit a nerve with Len Bias. Had Bias not killed himself, Boston would've won at least 5 more titles. I mean you would've had Bias, Bird, McHale, Parish, Johnson. Need I Continue? I am way too young to know this but I do know my NBA history and I may be correct when I say the Cs would have at least 20 NBA championships cuz no one could've matched up with that roster...

I agree. That's really pushing it to say that Len Bias was one of the Worst Picks in NBA History (even if his death was drug-relatd). Nobody knew he was going to die soon after draft day.

And Andrew Bogut? He's not that bad. He is, somewhat, a bust, but not comparable to Sam Bowie. In fact, no one will ever be comparable to Sam Bowie.

And I have a contribution; Cleveland Browns Great Brian Sipe with the USFL's NJ Generals:

stat8410.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

People crap on the Blazers' selection of Bowie, but 1) they needed a big man, 2) they drafted Glide the year before and 3) who knew Jordan would turn out so good?

By the same note, you could say that the Rockets screwed the pooch by drafting Olajuwon over Jordan...

People crap on the Blazers' selection of Bowie, but 1) they needed a big man, 2) they drafted Glide the year before and 3) who knew Jordan would turn out so good?

By the same note, you could say that the Rockets screwed the pooch by drafting Olajuwon over Jordan...

Not really - after all, Olajuwon did win the two trophies available while Jordan was chasing baseball. Rankly, big Sam was damaged goods coming out of college and everyone knew it. Bowie really only had one to one-and-a-half seasons of playing in his 5 years at Kentucky - granted, he played most of his senior season, but that was pretty much it. You have to wonder what kind of player he would have been without all the foot injuries, but with his history he wasn't a top 5 pick.

Love your column, Mr. Simmons. But I didn't realize you were such a fan of sports logos and uniforms!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And Andrew Bogut? He's not that bad. He is, somewhat, a bust, but not comparable to Sam Bowie. In fact, no one will ever be comparable to Sam Bowie.

Bogut is hardly a bust. Give him a few years to develop. He was still statistically better than Deron Williams and Andrew Bynum in his first year, yet nobody called them busts, and they both had their breakout seasons last year and this year, respectively. The fact that he was drafted #1 is a lot of pressure, but his stats are consistent with many of the other big men drafted first. Michael Olowakandi peaked early, but Bogut is still developing; he had 0.5 BPG last year, and 1.7 BPG this year!

And besides, there have been soooo many big men taken first in the draft, that if he can play ten good seasons, he should immediately be taken out of "bust" talks. So quick to judge, yet you probably haven't seen him play, draw charges in the clutch, contest shots, or get that game-winning alley-oop over San Antonio.

[/rant]