Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Coffey never wore that jersey as a penguin.

And the 2nd half of your post is missing: the part where you explain why he didn't wear it. ie. because it was a prototype only, or because (insert other plausible explanation here).

Sorry for the off-topic, but the inability of some people to elaborate (or just to not sound so matter-of-factly) is an annoyance on this and other message boards.

There, I feel better now. (now Charger77 would have used 4 posts to say what I just said, each a short point, and waiting for someone to ask for further info).

It reminds me of marking students exams, where they write part of the answer, and the marker waves his red-pen and says "yes, and........?". Some people just don't get communication.....or consider their reader.

because theres a "C" on the jersey...and the "C" from those jerseys had "66" on the jerseys...not "77" <_<

Because he was playing for the Red Wings when the Penguins used that jersey?

Coffey never wore that jersey as a penguin.

And the 2nd half of your post is missing: the part where you explain why he didn't wear it. ie. because it was a prototype only, or because (insert other plausible explanation here).

Sorry for the off-topic, but the inability of some people to elaborate (or just to not sound so matter-of-factly) is an annoyance on this and other message boards.

There, I feel better now. (now Charger77 would have used 4 posts to say what I just said, each a short point, and waiting for someone to ask for further info).

It reminds me of marking students exams, where they write part of the answer, and the marker waves his red-pen and says "yes, and........?". Some people just don't get communication.....or consider their reader.

Or, maybe perhaps he didn't know the reason, he just knew Coffey didn't wear it.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

re the Coffey captain jersey:

- Although Mario was the captain for so long, we all know that he missed "just a few" games ^_^ in most seasons. So it seems plausible that Mr. Coffey would have worn the Captain's C at some point, in Mario's stead.

- re the Red-Wing theory: I think that this Penguins jersey was a 3rd jersey originally, and it then became the permanent jersey a few seasons later. So if Coffey had moved to Detroit by the time that Jersey became the regular, maybe he had at least worn it when it was just a 3rd jersey.

Or maybe poster-charger is just omiscient? I wonder if he's upset that his kill-the-discussion post has actually caused some of that despised discussion? (yeah, I'm being sarcastic).

- Although Mario was the captain for so long, we all know that he missed "just a few" games ^_^ in most seasons. So it seems plausible that Mr. Coffey would have worn the Captain's C at some point, in Mario's stead.

- re the Red-Wing theory: I think that this Penguins jersey was a 3rd jersey originally, and it then became the permanent jersey a few seasons later. So if Coffey had moved to Detroit by the time that Jersey became the regular, maybe he had at least worn it when it was just a 3rd jersey.

Or maybe poster-charger is just omiscient? I wonder if he's upset that his kill-the-discussion post has actually caused some of that despised discussion? (yeah, I'm being sarcastic).

after consulting hockeydb.com and nhluniforms.com...coffey only wore these penguin jerseys

Penguins2.gif

the pens switched to the "robopidgeon" the year after coffey left....and those 3rds didnt come until 95-96..becoming full time in 97-98

GO GIANTS GO!!!

giants-1.png

mia Marek Schwarz

THANK YOU TREVOR!

linden.png

after consulting hockeydb.com and nhluniforms.com...coffey only wore these penguin jerseys

Penguins2.gif

the pens switched to the "robopidgeon" the year after coffey left....and those 3rds didnt come until 95-96..becoming full time in 97-98

Which validates my "theory?"

Question mark because I didn't know it was in dispute.

How 'bout this one--Gordie Howe in a Detroit Vipers uni?

Apologies for the less-than-ideal picture; I couldn't find a game photo

01020301040201030120080224c7049aa9fd6f2d837200b36f.jpg

What about Bernie Federko as a Red Wing?

Dale Murphy as a Phillie?

Mike Ditka as a Cowboy or an Eagle?

...or anybody from the '97 Marlins? That was a team full of 'em

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

Here's one that most people don't remember...

Portland picked up Moses Malone in the ABA dispersal draft, and traded him away before the '76-'77 season started. Just about as bad as picking Bowie over Jordan, IMHO. Enough ranting, here's a pic...

phot8412.jpg

Picture is for bid on eBay.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Larry Czonka indeed finished with the Giants. It was he who Joe Pisarchek was attempting to hand-off too in the "miracle at the Meadowlands" play that Herman Edwards returned for a touchdown.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

capt.f7b34a979a714de7baf584169a905ae1.bruins_capitals_hockey_vzn109.jpg

This is a thread for legends, not for backups who had a few successful years as a starter. :P

Have you seen half the pictures in this thread? I'm pretty sure Huet is better at his position than Garth Brooks sporting the Padres Threads.