Players in the "wrong" uniforms

I think this has been posted, but Petr Nedved played for Canada 20 years ago at the Olympics,

1006hockey-nedved7-v6.jpg

He'll be representing the Czech Republic again this year

I was curious about this. Isn't there a rule in the IIHF that says once you've played for one country internationally, you can't play for another? I know there is an exception to the rules with the former Soviet players playing for their true countries now, but for Nedved, I heard he wasn't allowed to play for the Czechs until now.

I read something about it and I believe there is a time period of 11-15 years without competition and then you are eligable again. I'm not to sure on the specifics of it.

untitled-6.jpg

20 years ago Czechoslovakia had just changed into the Czech Republic and Slovakia

So that may be a factor in his being able to play for different countries--just as the Soviet guys were able to.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Paul Molitor w/ the Toronto Blue Jays. Made my Brewer-blue blood boil back in '93...especially when he won World Series MVP up 'nort.

molitorheadshot2.jpg

Pretty sure if you win a championship in a uniform, it takes some of the "weird factor" away. Molitor as a Twin was MUCH weirder even if he's a native Minnesotan.

131022175122-paul-molitor-ap2-single-ima

I think the story behind Brett Hull was that he was told that he might not have a chance at making the national junior team for Canada. When the Americans heard this, they told him that he would make the team and because his mother is American, he qualifies... Not sure on Adam Deadmarsh though.

Same thing, he was cut by Team Canada and his mom was American so he was able to play.

Pretty sure if you win a championship in a uniform, it takes some of the "weird factor" away. Molitor as a Twin was MUCH weirder even if he's a native Minnesotan.

Sometimes... not all the time:

ajenkins0003_2009101154.gif

(Geoff Jenkins)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure if you win a championship in a uniform, it takes some of the "weird factor" away.

086e6ec95059e2878ee5392465eea6cc.jpg

EDIT: And some Russell Wilson:

1939608_796365853715592_1654496225_o.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Pretty sure if you win a championship in a uniform, it takes some of the "weird factor" away.

086e6ec95059e2878ee5392465eea6cc.jpg

EDIT: And some Russell Wilson:

1939608_796365853715592_1654496225_o.jpg

Is that pic from this year

Today.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I have looked, but to no avail. There are no pictures of Halak in a Sabres uniform.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17