Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Still pains me to see this, although, I still wish him the best.

092213-ryne-sandberg-600.jpg

1982+Topps+Traded+-+Ryne+Sandberg.jpg

It's where he started

Oh what could've been for the 80s and 90s Phillies if they had kept him.

Nothing would have been any different for the 80s or 90s. Not sure how old you are but that was an organization that was not run in a way that was conducive to winning, or even competing. Also, not a single negative word has been said about him, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. When the team flops (or players start dying on the field due to old age or osteoperosis or something, because old), it will be on RAJ, not Sandberg.

I'm 32 so I do remember some of those crappy teams. He would have made them at least watchable. As for him taking the heat when the team flops, he will be the scapegoat once RAJ is gone.

I find it great that Hemsky's last game with Edmonton was against the team he would be traded to and his first game with Ottawa was against the Oilers rival Flames.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

1394079337000-tjndc5-6eakyaqngcy1ku1ohg9

Still can't believe he acted that childishly over the Olympics.

And Callahan doesn't look that out of place in a Lightning uniform.

Well, he requested a trade to New York back in 2009. The Olympic snub must've been the straw that broke the camel's back.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's where he started

Very true. In a way I found that interesting once he got on board with the Phillies organization after leaving the Cubs minor leagues.

I can only wish him the best, but still wish he was with the Cubs organization in some capacity. Although, I realize why he left.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

It's where he started

Very true. In a way I found that interesting once he got on board with the Phillies organization after leaving the Cubs minor leagues.

I can only wish him the best, but still wish he was with the Cubs organization in some capacity. Although, I realize why he left.

Ryno is my favorite baseball player of all time. I was really disappointed when the Cubs hired Dale Sveum instead of him, but then I realized that is just wasn't the right time to bring Ryno to the North Side. The Cubs are/were a mess, and nothing Sandberg could have done would have changed that. Sveum was hired to fail, unfortunately so is Renteria. Hopefully the timing is right to bring Ryno back to the Cubs when they actually have a competitive team on the field.

That has to happen soon, right? :lol:

Time will tell whether the Brooklyn Nets' Black/White becomes his "right" uniform, but here's Deron Williams in the Jazz's current uniform set for what was less than one season:

Deron+Williams+Miami+Heat+v+Utah+Jazz+Sl

And if anyone asks me, his "right" uniform is still the Utah double-blue.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

It's where he started

Ryno is my favorite baseball player of all time. I was really disappointed when the Cubs hired Dale Sveum instead of him, but then I realized that is just wasn't the right time to bring Ryno to the North Side. The Cubs are/were a mess, and nothing Sandberg could have done would have changed that. Sveum was hired to fail, unfortunately so is Renteria. Hopefully the timing is right to bring Ryno back to the Cubs when they actually have a competitive team on the field.

That has to happen soon, right? :lol:

Every Cubs manager is hired to fail.

I agree, I was thinking Sandberg was a sure thing to be the Cubs manager, but it really would have been a skidmark on his otherwise great resume.

87Redskins.png