Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Seeing Big Z in anything buy a Bruins #33 jersey is really weird

659_3.jpg

zdeno-chara-islanders.jpg

That's funny, because they're the latest team he's played for. He was drafted by NYI, then played for OTT.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

659_3.jpg

Wrong, I don't see anything wrong with him in a Senators uniform, the Islanders though... yeah that's odd.

HE WAS DRAFTED BY THE ISLANDERS!!!!! Why does nobody get that?

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

469189962-craig-kimbrel-of-the-san-diego

It's a little premature to call that his "wrong" uniform. What if he spends the rest of his career with the Padres?

No it's not. Kimbrel was the Braves most popular player by far once Chipper retired. He's an Alabama boy which is Braves Country and connects with just about everybody in the fan base. And there's kinda that thing where he was on pace to be the greatest closer ever all in a Braves uniform. Add in now that he didn't choose to leave, he was traded. And it doesn't help that the Padres uniforms don't look good to begin with.

• Like 1

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

659_3.jpg

Wrong, I don't see anything wrong with him in a Senators uniform, the Islanders though... yeah that's odd.

HE WAS DRAFTED BY THE ISLANDERS!!!!! Why does nobody get that?

People do get it. The whole point of this thread is players who look out of place in certain uniforms. When people think of Big Z they think of Boston or sometimes Ottawa. He started his career as an Islander, yes, but he isn't associated with New York. When I think of Markus Naslund, he seems out of place in a Penguins uniform. Martin St.Louis looks strange in a Flames jersey. Peter Forsberg, though technically the same franchise, doesn't look quite right in a Nordique's jersey.

Caron Butler was traded from the Clippers to the Suns in the deal that sent JJ Reddick to the Clips and Eric Bledsoe to Phoenix. Soon after that, the Suns released their new uniforms and Butler was part of the group that released them. Less then a month later, Butler was traded to Milwaukee. He never played a game for Phoenix.

If-youre-going-to-be-a-Sun-this-year-tak

Caron Butler was traded from the Clippers to the Suns in the deal that sent JJ Reddick to the Clips and Eric Bledsoe to Phoenix. Soon after that, the Suns released their new uniforms and Butler was part of the group that released them. Less then a month later, Butler was traded to Milwaukee. He never played a game for Phoenix.

If-youre-going-to-be-a-Sun-this-year-tak

I had totally forgot how bad these looks...

one season of popcorn without butter

jf9Jf08.jpg

Fun fact: he was given a key to the city that was technically revoked. The mayor gave it to him contingent on getting 10 TDs and a playoff spot. He had 5 (and obviously no playoffs). I hope they asked for it back.

Wait, do we have a link about Dan Uggla getting a custom-made children's size authentic jersey? I know he's always worn his jerseys tight, but that seems beyond belief. I mean, he's 5'10" and 210, which is pretty built. I can't imagine he'd fit into a boys' size without the buttons popping open.

OldRomanSig2.jpg