Players in the "wrong" uniforms

09224817-1040x572.jpg

I didn't recognize him.

Wrong jersey, wrong number, wrong helmet (visor)

tim-tebow-nfl-preseason-indianapolis-col

As fugly as Tebow is to watch play (that throwing motion, ugh), the all white unis look good in the bright sunlight. The green really pops.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Just found out that Jari Kurri played for 3 different teams in his last 3 years. I've only ever thought of him as an Oiler and King.

t32xvdi.pngaVemoRH.pngdqUhuhU.png

This should also be mentioned...

gretzky.600.jpg

Even as a coach, that just seems off.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Seriously, I had to do a double take on that. Great job. Did you totally photoshop Elway in a Bronco jersey into that? Or did you just stick his head on an old picture of Bert Jones?

I think the latter since there's another Colt in the picture and it would be far less work than 'shopping a whole uniform.

I recognized it right away, but a hobby of mine is photoshopping players into different uniforms and concept uniforms so I know what to look for. When you're searching for good photos to shop you learn to look for little shortcuts and similarities between uniforms to make the work easier, which in turn makes it look more realistic.

The shoulder loops gave it away, but making stripes look realistic where there are none in the origin photo is one of the most challenging things to nail, I've found.

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

It was just a color change for when Elway was at Stanford. Still, a nice job.

John-Elway-Stanford.jpg

Ah, good catch. I didn't think about his college days. I also didn't notice the shoulder stripes. Now that I look at them they are a dead giveaway. But still like you said, a good job.

• Like 1

John Elway - Baltimore Colts

elway_colts.png

That's a good photoshop. It looks real.

And here I figured the the lack of gray would be the dead giveaway.

ICYDK, the Colts incorporated gray in what would've been Elway's only season ('83) with the Baltimore Colts.

IMG_5966-510x510.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

These are purely based on my personal opinions. Interestingly, both of the following went to the same high school as myself:

Bryce Drew - Houston Rockets (I'm a fan of both the Bulls and the Hornets. This does NOT mean I hate the Rockets)

ehlk3n.jpg

And as a lifelong Cubs fan, it must be said:

30ro6mb.jpg

These are purely based on my personal opinions. Interestingly, both of the following went to the same high school as myself:

Bryce Drew - Houston Rockets (I'm a fan of both the Bulls and the Hornets. This does NOT mean I hate the Rockets)

ehlk3n.jpg

And as a lifelong Cubs fan, it must be said:

30ro6mb.jpg

even stranger

USATSI_7980322.jpg

Interestingly enough, former A's owner Charlie Finley was from one county over from where we went to school.