Players in the "wrong" uniforms

I hate when guys like Iginla and Jagr become rent-a-players at the end of their careers. Sort of tarnishes they're main career team "feel" when they wear 17 other sweaters in the league.

I don't mind all of them. Jagr remains more productive than most because of his size, patience, stickhandling, & able to create space without speed.

Guys like Iginla & Recchi, those are players I get tired of... chasing rings instead of playing for fun.

Does anyone really play just for fun or the love of the game? Most if not all play for rings and make the most money they can make for themselves.
The thing I love about Chip Kelly is that he got rid of players that did it for the money, and acquired players that love football

Don't be naive...they're all playing for the money. The only one that really, actually might be doing it for the "love of the game" could be Tim Tebow.

• Like 2
87Redskins.png

I hate when guys like Iginla and Jagr become rent-a-players at the end of their careers. Sort of tarnishes they're main career team "feel" when they wear 17 other sweaters in the league.

I don't mind all of them. Jagr remains more productive than most because of his size, patience, stickhandling, & able to create space without speed.

Guys like Iginla & Recchi, those are players I get tired of... chasing rings instead of playing for fun.

Does anyone really play just for fun or the love of the game? Most if not all play for rings and make the most money they can make for themselves.
The thing I love about Chip Kelly is that he got rid of players that did it for the money, and acquired players that love football

This is silly. He got rid of players who were selfish or didn't fall in line. Don't think for a second they they're not all out there playing to make as much money as they can. Demarco Murray didn't take a penny less than he could've received to come here. Can't blame them at all though -that's the entire point of professional sports.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

09224817-1040x572.jpg

I didn't recognize him.

Wrong jersey, wrong number, wrong helmet (visor)

tim-tebow-nfl-preseason-indianapolis-col

As fugly as Tebow is to watch play (that throwing motion, ugh), the all white unis look good in the bright sunlight. The green really pops.

This one proved true today. Even more interesting is that the Eagles only wear their white jerseys during the preseason, so Tebow never wore the green jersey in a game. That makes this even more of an atrocity:

tebow.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Well the Dallas picture doesn't count as a rent a player --they drafted him.

Then they traded his rights in the Nieuwendyk trade to the Flames.

It can count as a wrong uniform as he never wore it in a game.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Owen Nolan on a PTO with the Canucks in 2011

5562740.jpg

Also, Keith Tkachuk and Chris Chelios on the Thrashers

2177_3.jpgchris-chelios.jpg

Chelios looked so silly in a Thrashers uniform. Like when a dad tries to dress like his teenage son to seem cool.

090213_chelios.jpg

101239023_crop_650x440_zps5idi3pxs.jpg

yeah that photo might be the best example of the intent of this thread. A once great athlete selling out or hanging on too long for one reason or another and ends up paying for it by having to wear a dignity robbing costume.

PvO6ZWJ.png

0114_Bledsoe-steelers.jpg

Bledsoe only wore these for a short time. This is clearly the Tom Brady era unis.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Man I loved when the NBA did the all-star game "baseball" style

625x527-fit=scale&background=000000.jpg

Theyd never go back to it because it's another chance to sell another jersey, but I thought it looked cool.

I actually never liked it when they did it. I always thought it was lazy to have them in their regular jerseys. If anything, I wish they'd not only go with the same conference-based uniforms, but do like they did in the past, and made anyone who wore the same number to pick a new one. I remember in the early 90s you'd see some All Stars with different numbers just for the ASG b/c someone else got seniority or what not.