Players in the "wrong" uniforms

san_jose_sharks_teemu_selanne.jpg

This is just wrong. Oh well atleast it wasn't the Kings.

Also, something just seems wrong about a player like Alessandro Del Piero representing another club than Juventus, or Steven Gerrard not playing for Liverpool. They've just always been there, and have become such icons that i have a very hard time seeing them playing for anyone else.

Wayne Gretzky in black and sliver (1988-96)

I don't think that's the wrong uniforms for Gretzky. Those kings unis were called the Gretzky era uniforms. Now Gretzky in a blues uniform, THATwas wrong.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Bledsoe only wore these for a short time. This is clearly the Tom Brady era unis.

I was born in '98, so to me these are the correct uniforms for Drew. IIRC, that picture is from the AFC Championship in '01, which is the last time he saw playing time as a Patriot.

I'm a Patriots fan circa 1993 when Parcells took over & I quit the stupid Bills who I only followed because I was a kid + geography.

Anyways, Drew Bledsoe remains my fav Patriot... I liked that he was essentially a video game QB for his era & he performed as such. Those teams were fun before the entire planet hated on them with Belichick.

My favs of the SB era have been Ty Law, Kevin Faulk, & Gronk.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

0114_Bledsoe-steelers.jpg

Bledsoe only wore these for a short time. This is clearly the Tom Brady era unis.

I was born in '98, so to me these are the correct uniforms for Drew. IIRC, that picture is from the AFC Championship in '01, which is the last time he saw playing time as a Patriot.

I strongly believe Bledsoe would have led the Pats to the title had they chosen him to start over Brady two weeks later.

Paul Coffey wearing not one but TWO different variations of the silver-and-black Kings uni (one with silver numbers/named, the other with black numbers/names for a grand total of 66 games (60 reg. season, 6 playoffs) from February 1992-January 1993

24150.jpg

p-558368-paul-coffey-los-angeles-kings-a

I'm on mobile but him in a Whalers (20 games), Blackhawks (10 games) and Hurricanes is also so wrong!

untitled-6.jpg

#66.

So what?

They were Flames uniforms--and the number is a number...

Nobody was going to confuse him for Mario--and there's no rule saying someone else can't use it.

And I doubt it bothered Mario.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Not going to go through it, but I'm fairly certain Rasheed Wallace's one-game stint with the Hawks is pictured somewhere in this thread. I'm here to document other short NBA stints.

Drew Gooden spent one game with the Kings:

drewgoodensacramentokings_display_image.

And 19 games with the Spurs:

drew-gooden-spur.jpg

Ronny Turiaf spent 4 games with the Wizards:

ronny_turiaf_2011_12_26.jpg

Turiaf also spent 13 games with the Heat:

turiaf0403_1429573e.jpg

Keith Bogans played just 6 games for the Celtics:

Nba_g_bogans_mb_400x600.jpg

More to come as I research, I'm sure. If any of these were mentioned already, I apologize.

• Like 1

I don't think that's the wrong uniforms for Gretzky. Those kings unis were called the Gretzky era uniforms. Now Gretzky in a blues uniform, THATwas wrong.

What about in a Rangers uni, that was even worse !

Atleast he could have come home to Canada in his twilight years, the elephant graveyard known as Toronto would have been more fitting, Greatz as a Ranger was a lame joke, trying desperately for one last ring, but the bulk of the Olier mercenaries were gone

Not going to go through it, but I'm fairly certain Rasheed Wallace's one-game stint with the Hawks is pictured somewhere in this thread. I'm here to document other short NBA stints.

Drew Gooden spent one game with the Kings:

drewgoodensacramentokings_display_image.

And 19 games with the Spurs:

drew-gooden-spur.jpg

Ronny Turiaf spent 4 games with the Wizards:

ronny_turiaf_2011_12_26.jpg

Turiaf also spent 13 games with the Heat:

turiaf0403_1429573e.jpg

Keith Bogans played just 6 games for the Celtics:

Nba_g_bogans_mb_400x600.jpg

More to come as I research, I'm sure. If any of these were mentioned already, I apologize.

Gooden spent time with probably 9 NBA teams, so he technically does and does not look weird in any uniform you put him in.

The other two (as well as Gooden) aren't nearly iconic enough for us to identify with a particular team.

What about in a Rangers uni, that was even worse !

Atleast he could have come home to Canada in his twilight years, the elephant graveyard known as Toronto would have been more fitting, Greatz as a Ranger was a lame joke, trying desperately for one last ring, but the bulk of the Olier mercenaries were gone

What? I tend to symbolize Gretzky as an Oiler.

#66.

So what?

They were Flames uniforms--and the number is a number...

Nobody was going to confuse him for Mario--and there's no rule saying someone else can't use it.

And I doubt it bothered Mario.

Certainly, no one is going to confuse him with Lemieux. Just like there'd be no confusion with Gretzky if Jack Eichel trotted out wearing #99. Heck, more players have actually worn 99 than 66 in the NHL. But there's a reason no other NHLers have worn Lemieux's number and why you don't see AHL/Major Juniour players sharing around in Gretzky's.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12