Players in the "wrong" uniforms

11 hours ago, Echo said:

Here's Stegall going up for a pass as a Bengal.  He must not have caught it.  According to pro-football-reference.com his only NFL TD was against the Oilers in 1992.

Cjx3RU5.jpg

Perhaps he didn't catch it (he appears to be surrounded by Vikings) but this looks like a preseason game to me. I don't think either team had blank end zones as late as the '90s.

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Perhaps he didn't catch it (he appears to be surrounded by Vikings) but this looks like a preseason game to me. I don't think either team had blank end zones as late as the '90s.

Riverfront was a blank, boring field.  Not even a midfield logo.

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

According to pro-football-reference.com Stegall only played one game against the Vikings in his career, during the 1992 regular season.  The Bengals and Vikings didn't play in the preseason during his time there.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StegMi00/gamelog/

3 hours ago, Harmening said:

Wow, that amazes me. I went there in '96 but don't remember anything about the field itself. I figured every field had something going on design-wise by this point in time. 

12 hours ago, Harmening said:

9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Wow, that amazes me. I went there in '96 but don't remember anything about the field itself. I figured every field had something going on design-wise by this point in time. 

Most (if not all) of the "cookie cutter" stadiums either didn't have any designs, or has just basic white designs while the baseball season was still going on, and then would add some color and logos come October.

In the late days of the Vet, the Eagles just had EAGLES written in a plain white generic serif font and either a white outline of the logo or none at all at midfield (can't recall) and then full color and real wordmaks later on in the season.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/14/2016 at 8:59 PM, johnnysama said:

The Bengals did jazz up the field design when it became Cinergy Field in the stadium's later years....

interior.jpg

That corresponded with their new uniforms in 1997. 

carl-pickens-jeff-blake-bengals.jpg

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

Last year's #1 pick Dansby Swanson is making his MLB debut tonight

635736057363571445-USATSI-8708815.jpg

Just not with the Diamondbacks.

To add even more irony to this, he'll be in the Majors, while Shelby Miller, the guy Arizona traded him for, has been sent down to the minors 

• Like 3

Apparently the Flames wore these for four seasons with Kiprusoff in net, but Google only turned up one image of them. He's so synonymous with the red jerseys, thanks to the 2004 Cup Final Run.

56546551.jpg

Dion Phaneuf also wore these for one season.

56546532.jpg

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17