Players in the "wrong" uniforms

On 7/27/2016 at 4:17 PM, BroncoBuff said:

Saved his best for last:  His 1st, 2nd and 4th best yardage years were in Denver, as were his 1st, 3rd and 4th best TD pass seasons.

Oddly, his WORST season ever - his last -was the year he won his second Super Bowl. Peyton played just 9 1/2 regular season games, but was second in the league with 17 interceptions (Bortles).

Peyton-Manning-Denver-Broncos.jpg

Suck on that you monochromatic knuckle draggers with your freakishly lucky quarterback history.

I couldn't care less about those stats.  If 99% of casual football fans wouldn't be aware of (or care about) those stats, how is that a helpful indicator at all that he should be known as a Bronco?  He spent 13 years of a Hall of Fame career in Indianapolis.  Denver is his wrong uniform.  If his HoF bust had a hat on it, he wouldn't even hesitate before picking a Colts hat.

I think you might be doing a bit though, fishing for dopey overreactions like mine.  If so, well done.

90758391980.gif

FWIW, Peyton turned down Indy's (ridiculous) one-day contract offer to retire as a Colt. And if you asked him to pick ONE team which defines him, he wouldn't.

In four years, the man pretty much became as much of a legend in Denver as he did in Indianapolis. Fitting he won one ring in both cities.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

It's entirely possible that a player doesn't have a wrong jersey.

As a neutral with no "favourite" NFL team, I see Manning as a Colt and a Bronco. He performed well in both cities.

If he went to, say, Tennessee for a season and stunk up the place a la Favre, then you may have a point about him being in a wrong jersey.

On July 26, 2016 at 3:15 PM, nash61 said:

Bautista_Jose_640_uu7hkgyj_lgufinqa.jpg

AR-160729605.jpg

Is it common for players to bring their own batting helmets down to the minors with them? I didn't think they were that personal (but I don't know anything about baseball).

On July 26, 2016 at 3:15 PM, nash61 said:

Bautista_Jose_640_uu7hkgyj_lgufinqa.jpg

AR-160729605.jpg

Is it common for players to bring their own batting helmets down to the minors with them? I didn't think they were that personal (but I don't know anything about baseball).

7 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I would say the majority of players on rehab assignments wear their MLB helmets. It's always been a cool little quirk. (Grady Sizemore comes to mind, Michael Brantley, A-Rod.)

Mud-Hens-Opening-Day-Grady-Sizemore-walk

alex-rodriguez-rehabs-with-trenton-thund

brantley18cut-01.jpg

• Like 1

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It's al just for fun guys, anything for a laugh.  Not really fishing DC Corky, actually thought only Dolts fans might take it seriously. And like it or not, stats do matter, especially record-breaking ones. But really I was just going for a laugh (see my sig)  .......

Because of COURSE the Colts will, in time, be the obviously "correct" uniform for Peyton Manning. Right now while the Super Bowl and his retirement are fresh, a good chunk of your 99% might pick Denver though ...........

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 1:25 PM, dont care said:

Bert Jones- Who?

John Elway- Refused to play there and was traded

Jeff George- Are you seriously calling him a good QB. He was the Ryan Leaf before Ryan Leaf.

Bert Jones "who?"  What are you, 16?  It's debates like these you wish you had an expert handy ... maybe like a Bill Belichick to school youngsters such as yourself.

At the very least Bert Jones was League MVP in 1976, though he managed just a 9-year 96 start injury plagued - errr ravaged - career. Lost to the Steelers 3x in the playoffs.

And MY POINT IS that the Colts were crazy-lucky to be in position to draft like that - in fact, the Colts have had more #1 overall picks than any team - seven - a whopping SIX of which have come in the Super Bowl era, plus an additional TWELVE Top 5 picks in the Super Bowl era.  How the QBs turned out is a different story - some, like Elway, their own fault:  Frank Kush was a ball-breaker, plus he quit the next season anyway, pouting because Irsay wouldn't move the team to Arizona. 

1f5ab576670f4d5bf8ce61b82740c52720.gif  First they had Johnny Unitas for 16 years

1f5ab576670f4d5bf8ce61b82740c52720.gif  These 5 picks, all but George labeled to some extent "best of generation."

1f5ab576670f4d5bf8ce61b82740c52720.gif  Plus Art Schlichter 4th overall

1f5ab576670f4d5bf8ce61b82740c52720.gif  12 other Top 5 picks

wS7MJ6T.png

On 29/07/2016 at 7:11 PM, Cosmic said:

Yes, and I believe it is because of the double flaps v single flaps. 

MiLB requires helmets to have ear flaps on both sides, rather than just the side facing the pitcher as in MLB. 

Also, i think it might have to do with cost as well. Cheaper to let a player wear his own accessories and helmet that issue him new ones for a single game. 

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

13 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Cornelius Bennett- longtime Buffalo Bill- wearing the blue uniform of a different AFC East team

GettyImages-497601.0.jpg

He had the misfortune of losing an extra 5th Super Bowl with the Falcons

John-Elway-2-Espn.com_-e1416876589879.jp

Glenn Parker also of the Bills lost a 5th Super Bowl with the Giants in 2000. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

He had the misfortune of losing an extra 5th Super Bowl with the Falcons

John-Elway-2-Espn.com_-e1416876589879.jp

Looks like he also had the misfortune of catching a nasty stiff arm by Elway.  That'd probably be a penalty in today's NFL.  Did "hands to the face" exist then?  Aw well, I'm sure they'd let John Elway get away with it.

90758391980.gif

On 8/2/2016 at 11:14 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Looks like he also had the misfortune of catching a nasty stiff arm by Elway.  That'd probably be a penalty in today's NFL.  Did "hands to the face" exist then?  Aw well, I'm sure they'd let John Elway get away with it.

For what it's worth, it looks like he's grabbing at Elway's facemask too.