Players in the "wrong" uniforms

Right Team, Wrong Uniform:

53051022a40aa.image.jpg

The Blues introduced that uniform as a third alternate in 1997-98, which was Hull's final year with the Blues. The following year, that became a permanent uni design for a while

jan-1999theoren-fleury-of-the-calgary-fl

The Flames debuted the Horse Head uniform in 1998-99, which was Fleury's last in Calgary

The Blackhawks after the 2008-09 discontinued the black alternate uniforms they had been using since 1996-97. Here is a rare time Jonathan Toews wore that uni:

Chicago Blackhawks v Colorado Avalanche : News Photo

• Like 1

I apologize if this was already submitted, I did a search of the site, but I couldn't go through all 263 pages of the thread....

Up until now the "Players in the Wrong Uniforms" refers to players who were a long time star for a team that finished their career on another.

But how about an actual Wrong Uniform?

I actually had the following hockey card when I was little and it confused the heck out of me.

A hockey card for Jacques Lemaire who only played for the Montreal Canadiens, but as a member of the Buffalo Sabres. They even photoshopped (or whatever program they used then) the Sabres Colors on his Jersey over the Canadiens Jersey he probably had on in the actual photo.

Lemaire_zpskxrckev3.jpg

• Like 2