Players in the "wrong" uniforms

• 2 weeks later...
On September 3, 2016 at 8:28 AM, Griffinmarlins said:

You do realize many non-HOF players have had their numbers retired throughout sports, right?

Yes, but I think retired numbers should be reserved for hall of famers.  Have a team hall of fame if you want to honor great players who didn't make it to the actual hall of fame.

25 minutes ago, rxmc89 said:

Yes, but I think retired numbers should be reserved for hall of famers.  Have a team hall of fame if you want to honor great players who didn't make it to the actual hall of fame.

I understand what you mean, but it's ultimately up to each team, as it should be.

• Like 3

A BC Lions two-fer:

Doug-Flutie-BC-Lions-1991-5.jpg

For Doug Flutie, the BC Lions were merely a springboard to his CFL success during his two season stay with the team (1990-91).

MarkGastineauF_1024x1024.jpg?v=145066824

The great "New York Sack Exchange" artist Mark Gastineau attempted a comeback (and was also a teammate of Flutie's) in 1990; it lasted all of four games.

UBwef0L.png

4 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

Peter the Great was a Nashville Predator?!

The half-season in Quebec, that makes sense... but Nashville?

Yep, only the last dozen-and-a-half (or so) games of 06-07. He was an attempt to create some extra depth at the deadline. Put up 15 points and another 4 in the playoffs for the Preds.

Interesting fact: In the last game of the regular season, he assisted Kariya's game-winning goal against the Avalanche. A loss that knocked them out of the playoffs for the first time since they moved. I remember an Avs fan I know was apoplectic at the irony.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions)