The NFL's "All Bust" Team

Slater

I approve of Lawrence Phillips' presence on this list. :cursing:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd personally put Phillips down as questionable. On talent alone he might've been a bust. But he was a time bomb from the very start, so that meant he was far from a sure thing to be a productive pro. You never know with those "trouble" guys.

What about Ki-Jana Carter? He's another bustable Penn State RB. I wish Maurice Clarett actually played a game so he could make the list.

On record alone, it would be fitting to let Cam Cameron be the coach.

KISSwall09.jpg

I'd personally put Phillips down as questionable. On talent alone he might've been a bust. But he was a time bomb from the very start, so that meant he was far from a sure thing to be a productive pro. You never know with those "trouble" guys.

I think looking at that list, the type of talent they were in college, and how high they were drafted, you'd have to call Phillips a bust.

I'd like to nominate Tim Couch and Akili Smith, #1 and #3 respectively of the 1999 NFL draft.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I think looking at that list, the type of talent they were in college, and how high they were drafted, you'd have to call Phillips a bust.

I guess my definition of "bust" means not living up to expectations of what it was largely thought they would do, not could do. Guys with character issues like Phillips and any number before or after him are total crapshoots. It's an even 50/50 bet that they will flame out of the league and land in jail within a couple years, as they will fulfill their potential on the field. So I consider guys like that just gambles that didn't win, not busts.

What about Ki-Jana Carter? He's another bustable Penn State RB.

I guess Carter could be included on this list, but if it was my list, he wouldn't be, primarily because he is considered a bust as a result of his injuries which is not really his fault.

An NFL "All-Bust" Team, eh? I'd say the Cowboys cheerleading squad and Gilbert Brown would make that team based due to their busts. :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I guess my definition of "bust" means not living up to expectations of what it was largely thought they would do, not could do. Guys with character issues like Phillips and any number before or after him are total crapshoots. It's an even 50/50 bet that they will flame out of the league and land in jail within a couple years, as they will fulfill their potential on the field. So I consider guys like that just gambles that didn't win, not busts.

I think he would have been a bust with or without character issues, but I see what you're getting at.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I find it tough calling Desmond Howard a bust, being a Super Bowl MVP.

I was thinking the same thing. Being the best player in the biggest game of the year seems pretty career-validating to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Your middle round picks usually end up being great picks - a waste of money on them early rounders - all they want is money and then they go out and 'go through' the motions while collecting a paycheck. Now I know there are some wonderful #1 & 2 round picks who have done well, still tooooo many early round flops. Mike Williams is just one of many . . . NFL GMs have a tough job.

Suggestion - don't pick till the 3rd round, unless you have a rock solid guy.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Glad to see that Wadsworth and the "Boz" made it on the list. Add David Boston to dishonorable mention.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

You can't add David Boston to that list as he did have 2 above seasons in 2000 and 2001. I mean, he had over 70 receptions and over 1000 yards.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Archived