• Created
  • Last Reply
Hush up you silly tragedy whore.

Is that directed at me?

I think me.

Meh, not worth figuring out.

Truthiness. Back to the thirds!

Yes. Definitely.

About your Sabres, I hope that when they do make the third their primary home and make a white version that they do use their current template as an alt (with another logo). That's a nice-looking jersey ruined by the Slug.

Anyhoo...

I don't know what to make from this, especially since I was watching it on mute at work. But on tonight's MSG broadcast of the Rangers/Isles game, a graphic came up for a charity blood drive. Alongside the info: a navy Lady Liberty jersey, complete with a Reebok replica jock tag. Anyone watching it care to provide some additional context?

Are you sure it was a Reebok jock tag and not a Red Cross tag in a similar location? Comcast-Spectacor held their blood drive a few weeks ago and the incentive was a free "replica" (screenprinted versions, not true retail replicas) jersey from the Flyers, Sixers, Phantoms, or Wings.

You know what? It could have been. It was a small graphic, and I was looking at it on a 13-inch tube. But still, it was undeniably the Lady Liberty third jersey, looking pretty much exactly like it did before Edge came to town. And that appears to be what's on offer if you let them tap you for a pint.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hush up you silly tragedy whore.

Is that directed at me?

I think me.

Meh, not worth figuring out.

Truthiness. Back to the thirds!

Yes. Definitely.

About your Sabres, I hope that when they do make the third their primary home and make a white version that they do use their current template as an alt (with another logo). That's a nice-looking jersey ruined by the Slug.

So true. But I'm expecting a blue version of their winter classics to re-emerge as alts instead. Sadly, once that current template is retired, it will probably stay that way.

what is the list for 3rd jerseys for the 09/10 season.

im guessing teams that dont have one yet like the rangers and devils.

the isles are switching to thier 3rd this year full time next season, so they might get a new third.

The Devils will never get an alt jersey as long as Lou Lamoriello is in charge.

From the decaying Icethetics blog:

Thirds for 2009-10 are Calgary, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota and Nashville.

Might want to add the Rangers after what Sodboy13 said.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Thirds for 2009-10 are Calgary, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, Nashville, and New York Rangers.

Updated. Although if anyone can get a screenshot of the blood drive ad, that would be appreciated.

Not third jersey news, but I don't want to start a thread for it:

http://cdn.nhl.com/hurricanes/images/uploa...geTopHEADER.jpg

If anyone's not allowed to gank Avant Garde magazine's ligatures, it's gotta be a hockey team in North Carolina.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thirds for 2009-10 are Calgary, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota and Nashville.

The Rangers will wear the Lady Liberty jersey next season.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Usually Daily Herald is on top of things when it comes to the Blackhawks. They seem to always get info first before every other Chicagoland newspaper.

I think this guy might disagree with you...

kcearlyedition.jpg

You'd think that, with that kind of access to advance information, he'd have a much easier go of it as a high school football coach.

Also, if you look closely in the background of that picture, you'll see some of the earliest kickbacks being negotiated to secure contracts for Millennium Park.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just a question on the NHL's stance on thirds, I noticed that when the NHL expanded back in the late 90's and early 2000's, those teams (Nashville, Atlanta, Minnesota, and Columbus) Didn't get thirds until about 3 or 4 years into the league. Is this a rule put in by the NHL? I've minor leagues with new teams get 3rds right away, an example is the Ontario Reign of the ECHL.

Archived