NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate how most teams unveil a third jersey and because its big with the fans they switch it to the primary the next season...

In Buffalo's case, it's going to lead to a huge improvement. The wheels are already in motion to make the current third the primary and to have a white version for the road.

And thank goodness.

Truthiness. Larry Quinn (Sabres managing partner and minority owner) has publicly said as much. The Sabres' 40th season is coming up - I believe Buffalo is working with the NHL and Reebok to make it happen then.

Two things to say:

1) 'Bout time.

2) That old-school logo at center ice . . . . *sniff* Amazing.

I like the Flyers retro jersey and own one. However, if they go back to orange and put the black as the third, i hope they modernize the look. Retro is cool when it's on special occasions. I think they can modernize that retro look and have a home and away set that includes the orange instead of black. No matter what, I really would like to see the black gone!

I like the Flyers retro jersey and own one. However, if they go back to orange and put the black as the third, i hope they modernize the look. Retro is cool when it's on special occasions. I think they can modernize that retro look and have a home and away set that includes the orange instead of black. No matter what, I really would like to see the black gone!

Idon't mind it as an alternate.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Something in me really doubts that the Blackhawks will ditch this year's third for the Winter Classic. I can understand when Pittsburgh and Buffalo added their retro or updated retro thirds because they were going to have thirds this year anyway. When a team already has a third jersey and it sells well, I don't see the point of changing that out for one that sells well. What I see happening is no new jersey for the Blackhawks and they keep selling the Winter Classic to make money.

It's been confirmed in newspapers and on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago during the Blackhawks own pregame show.

2IA3b.png

I was doing some research for a job I had received and came across this logo:

250_FCF_PRI.JPG

That is the alternate logo for the Fort Collins Foxes, a minor-league/collegiate baseball team... according to logoserver.com it was designed in 2005.

Does it remind anyone of this:

phxcoyotes.jpg

I mean, there are obvious differences, but still... the body positioning and shading is almost too perfectly aligned....

I was doing some research for a job I had received and came across this logo:

250_FCF_PRI.JPG

That is the alternate logo for the Fort Collins Foxes, a minor-league/collegiate baseball team... according to logoserver.com it was designed in 2005.

Does it remind anyone of this:

phxcoyotes.jpg

I mean, there are obvious differences, but still... the body positioning and shading is almost too perfectly aligned....

Wow. I am shocked. One of may favorite logos is possibly copied? That's too bad. Hope to find out the full story on this.

I really don't think they are though. There's only a range of angles that the leaping coyote/fox looks right at, and these ones are just similar.

differences:

- tail

- entire freaking head!

- hind legs

- under shading

- front legs

- back

Really, they're completely different.

I really don't think they are though. There's only a range of angles that the leaping coyote/fox looks right at, and these ones are just similar.

differences:

- tail

- entire freaking head!

- hind legs

- under shading

- front legs

- back

Really, they're completely different.

Obviously they're different. They are two different animals being depicted in two different styles. But when you keep that in mind, there are uncanny similarities.

Obviously they're different. They are two different animals being depicted in two different styles. But when you keep that in mind, there are uncanny similarities.

Yeah, I notice the same similarities when I see the Chicago Bears' 'C' logo and the Green Bay Packers' 'G' logo. I mean, they are different letters, in different colors, and different styles, but there are uncanny similarities there too.

Seriously though, are you referring to the legs farthest from the viewer being black to read as such? Outlining a logo in a color used in the logo? I think its a pretty big stretch to insinuate the Coyotes copied that logo.

Yeah, I notice the same similarities when I see the Chicago Bears' 'C' logo and the Green Bay Packers' 'G' logo. I mean, they are different letters, in different colors, and different styles, but there are uncanny similarities there too.

Seriously though, are you referring to the legs farthest from the viewer being black to read as such? Outlining a logo in a color used in the logo? I think its a pretty big stretch to insinuate the Coyotes copied that logo.

actually a better comparison would be the Cincinnati Reds wishbone C and the Chicago Bears wishbone C.

364.gif

705.gif

OR

the Georgia Bulldogs and the Green Bay Packers circle G

dcy03myfhffbki5d7il3.gif

hr85j3g1duiqf59eiep9bvnsd.gif

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Idealy, it should be played out like this...

Home: An orange version of their current black jersey

Road: No changes

Alt: Their current vintage one without changes

I'd be fine with that. I've had enough of that black disaster.

Anyone know why the Canucks are wearing their home blues on this current road trip and why Luongo is wearing his old mask?

Luongo says 'its better luck',and each team gets to where there white jerseys at home once or twice a year,just a quintessence that they wore there home blue two games in a row on the road.

9161.png1116.png11286.png2115.png

Anyone know why the Canucks are wearing their home blues on this current road trip and why Luongo is wearing his old mask?

Luongo says 'its better luck',and each team gets to where there white jerseys at home once or twice a year,just a quintessence that they wore there home blue two games in a row on the road.

My, how spellcheck has failed thee.

The big word you were trying to spell, by the way, was "coincidence."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not exactly third jersey news, but a special helmet decal may be coming for the Sabres after a plane crashed on approach to Buffalo this evening, killing 49.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/577959.html

There's a plane crash with 49 casualties and you're thinking about a helmet decal? I get that this is a sports uniforms message board and all, but I don't know how you could think about that on the same night of the crash.

That was really far from my mind when I heard about the tragedy.

Archived