2008 MLB changes in action

Krona

Just curious - are there any studies that show body heat differences between people wearing white vs black on hot days? I'd love to know how big a deal it actually is.

I'm curious as well. Not sure how big of a deal scientifically it can prove, but it can get uncomfortable wearing black vs white for sure.

I'm sure it all depends on the fabric used as well. I am fairly certain that darker colours, as a rule, do "absorb" more heat than lighter ones, but white wool would obviously be hotter than black jersey/"Cool Base" material.

Same fabrics. Black uniform vs. white uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't know about exact numbers, but I know I definitely feel it being in the sun with dark vs. light colors, and then it's even worse doing something athletic.

Every color is available in CoolBase, although I've noticed with some teams the lack of matching greys for the tops and pants is awful.

I wouldn't know about exact numbers, but I know I definitely feel it being in the sun with dark vs. light colors, and then it's even worse doing something athletic.

Every color is available in CoolBase, although I've noticed with some teams the lack of matching greys for the tops and pants is awful.

That's because CoolBase apparently comes in one shade of gray, while teams use individual shades of gray on their road uniforms.

So basically the Orioles took a casual day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So basically the Orioles took a casual day.

At least they hit like they did.

I guess they've reached the point of trying anything to break their Sunday losing streak (now 15 games and counting). They are now 46-35 every other day of the week and 1-15 on Sunday (making them the Miami Dolphins of MLB, I guess). If they were even just 8-8 on Sunday, they'd be in the thick of the AL East race right now.

As for the uniform itself, it looked too plain. When you become used to button-front uniforms with numbers on the front, sleeve piping and names on the back, pullovers with no sleeve piping, no front numbers and no names just look really out of place.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That's because CoolBase apparently comes in one shade of gray, while teams use individual shades of gray on their road uniforms.

Yes, I know that.

Didn't someone actually say though that there was 2 or 3 shades of the CoolBase grey but 8 or 9 shades of regular greys.

I got an e-mail earlier today from the Orioles and they will be wearing throwbacks along with the Blue Jays from 1983...

stay tuned...

So the Jays will just wear their Friday Retros, I guess.

And this is what's happening... '83 Orioles whites vs. '79 Jays roads.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I got an e-mail earlier today from the Orioles and they will be wearing throwbacks along with the Blue Jays from 1983...

stay tuned...

So the Jays will just wear their Friday Retros, I guess.

yup they are wearing the baby blues.

No pics, but the O's were wearing the retro helmets too

a2d29674-6eaf-402c-a3ff-3b9a13022200.jpg

f64e94f6-2f19-433a-8403-bc73259f8f55.jpg

I've got to give the O's extra credit for wearing the waistband pants. It seems like most teams that have done throwbacks have just (incorrectly) worn belted pants. I'll give the Jays a bit of a pass on correctness since the powder blues are their regular Friday home alt and I don't think any modern player would want to wear waistband pants on a regular basis.

The Orioles may not have played fantastically, but they sure looked great. Here are some shots from last night's half-game (resuming as I type this)...

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

34df0bf5.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

Besides the non-elasticity of the Jays' pants, my only gripe is the MLB logo on the back of the jerseys and helmets -- why not red, white and blue like the hat?

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Interestingly enough the Orioles went out and got a set of old-style helmets for this game, unlike the "1979" throwback game earlier in the season, where they put stickers on their regular coolflow helmets. These work much better with the white front panel.

What is the logo on that patch on the O's throwback unis? It is a patch they wore in '83 or is it a patch commemorating that team? Anyone have a bigger picture of the patch or logo on the patch?

It's the 25th Anniversary logo for the 1983 World Series Championship.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Thanks dorf. I found it on their site now, here's the logo if anyone else wanted to see it:

25_logo.gif

That is a nice looking logo. The only thing I might do differently with it would be to make the pennants in the back gold to match the World Series trophy.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived