Starbucks Reverting Back To Old Logo?

LoligerBS

Additionally, a latter-day poet once remarked, "The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'."

God bless David St. Hubbins and Nigel Tufnel.

EDIT -- If someone really wants to drive the bluehairs crazy, they need to revive this logo (which was later cleaned up by pulling the dress over the mammaries):

psyche.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the fudge? The human body is a beautiful, natural thing. The real perverts are the people who think it's shameful for some reason, and impose their beliefs on the rest of society.

Of course I wouldn't want my kid to see raw, unbridled sexuality, but plain old nudity? Come on. There's a huge difference between nudity and sexuality, no matter what middle America thinks.

Hey not, as a "middle American", my rational is here is not about shame. Just the opposite in fact.

Nudity alone is beautiful but this logo depicts a siren, a nyph defined by evil seduction - and she has her "legs" spread. The body is beautiful, but sex is too - far too beatiful to be depicted this way on a cheap coffee cup without me finding it distasteful.

LT

Hey not, as a "middle American", my rational is here is not about shame. Just the opposite in fact.

Nudity alone is beautiful but this logo depicts a siren, a nyph defined by evil seduction - and she has her "legs" spread. The body is beautiful, but sex is too - far too beatiful to be depicted this way on a cheap coffee cup without me finding it distasteful.

Wow ... just ... wow. :blink:

I sure never expected anyone to find THIS image sexy, much less sexual.

... Except maybe Troy McClure.

siren-old-starbucs-logo.jpg

Ooh la la?

Wow ... just ... wow. :blink:

I sure never expected anyone to find THIS image sexy, much less sexual.

... Except maybe Troy McClure.

siren-old-starbucs-logo.jpg

Ooh la la?

But that's exactly what it is!

It's a symbol of sex and deception used for evil.

It's inherently equated with sex.

But that's exactly what it is!

It's a symbol of sex and deception used for evil.

It's inherently equated with sex.

And that's why I live on the coast. :wacko:

Ha. That's funny. And true.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

In spite of the logo getting what one person at my office referred to as "The Ashcroft Treatment," I gotta say, the new coffee is pretty good. It beat the hell out of every other burnt, absurdly-strong roast I've had there.

Also, curse those Toffee Almond Bars for being so tasty.

And Greg, you've given me a great idea for a business, though I'm not sure how to successfully integrate lattes and lapdances without having all the profits devoured by liability insurance.

The film Idiocracy beat you to it.

idiocracy_starbucks.jpg

I asked one of the Baristas at my local Starbucks and she said it was just a temporary thing. They updated the logo from the classic one to the green one we're all so familiar with after they merged with Pepsi. Like said earlier, this is a tribute to the new coffee flavor, so it's like a throwback for a month or so.

galaxy.png

Can anyone tell me why that siren is the logo in the first place? What do titties and fins have to do with coffee?

Having said that, a lot of things are beautiful, including birth. That doesn't mean I need a picture of it on my coffee. I'm with middle america on this one. Keep the nipples off the cups, especially if its a D cup.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Can anyone tell me why that siren is the logo in the first place? What do titties and fins have to do with coffee?

Having said that, a lot of things are beautiful, including birth. That doesn't mean I need a picture of it on my coffee. I'm with middle america on this one. Keep the nipples off the cups, especially if its a D cup.

So nipples are bad, but wisps of hair barely covering said nipples is good. I don't get it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So nipples are bad, but wisps of hair barely covering said nipples is good. I don't get it.

It's simple, really: goforbroke digs hairy nipples.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey you know from experience my nipples are as hairy as they come and you love em....

But yeah, I think it's a little disturbing and innapropriate for a nipple to be on a coffee cup. I'm not a right wing conservative or anything like that. I just don't need that distraction on my coffee. How bout if it was a big hairy anus on the cup? Its a body part... whats the big deal. I'm not saying put a bra on the venis de milo. I'm all for art. But this is just unnessasary.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Hey you know from experience my nipples are as hairy as they come and you love em....

But yeah, I think it's a little disturbing and innapropriate for a nipple to be on a coffee cup. I'm not a right wing conservative or anything like that. I just don't need that distraction on my coffee. How bout if it was a big hairy anus on the cup? Its a body part... whats the big deal. I'm not saying put a bra on the venis de milo. I'm all for art. But this is just unnessasary.

Can't stare at titties and drink coffee at the same time?

Thats about par for the course. Staring at titties can make you dumb for a bit.

Can't stare at titties and drink coffee at the same time?

Thats about par for the course. Staring at titties can make you dumb for a bit.

well that pretty much explains it all. Staring at titties will make you forget the world at times. Which reminds me, i'm going to forget the world for about 20 minutes, my girlfriend is in the shower

well that pretty much explains it all. Staring at titties will make you forget the world at times. Which reminds me, i'm going to forget the world for about 20 minutes, my girlfriend is in the shower

Leave your grandmother alone....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived