2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

During the unveiling, they kept saying how the greatest thing and the main focal point of these new unis was that the road and home both said 'NEW ORLEANS' on them.

They've had that through their entire existence. The only time they had 'HORNETS' on a jersey was during the aftermath of Katrina seasons, 05/06 and 06/07.

They also say that they are the only other team that has the city name on both uniforms.

The Mavericks have 'Dallas' on both unis, and of course New York has New York on both.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
During the unveiling, they kept saying how the greatest thing and the main focal point of these new unis was that the road and home both said 'NEW ORLEANS' on them.

They've had that through their entire existence. The only time they had 'HORNETS' on a jersey was during the aftermath of Katrina seasons, 05/06 and 06/07.

They also say that they are the only other team that has the city name on both uniforms.

The Mavericks have 'Dallas' on both unis, and of course New York has New York on both.

I agree, IMO i hate the same wordmark but w.e they've always done it.

And they are too proud of having it on both home and away, they think they're one of 2 teams, but really they are one of the 3. And, many teams use their nickname for both home and away.

Yep....the Timberwolves are keeping their colors but are changing the home jersey to say "Wolves" instead of the full name. The road jerseys will have "Minnesota" on them instead of "Timberwolves.

Thanks bud, but we've all already seen the new wolves unis and there's a topic on em.

You know what, I really like everything about the New Orleans redesign. It's obvious they've put a lot of thought into each of the elements of the brand, from the font to use of the city name on both jerseys, from the colours to each of the logos ? every last bit of this has some sort of purpose and tie into the city itself. Nothing about what they've done is generic; almost none of it could be easily applied to another city (aside from the hornet, I suppose, considering they brought that from Charlotte) without looking out of place. This brand is the perfect way to say, "We are from New Orleans and nowhere else."

New Orleans = awesome x5.

Not just with the uniforms, not just with the FDB and NOLA logos, but also with the design of that flash-intro on the site. Not the actual movie itself, but the background, and "signs" (see below.)

rebirthsplash_04b.jpg

EDIT: Was just looking at everything again, and I'd like to change my Awesome x5 to an Awesome x7.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not just with the uniforms, not just with the FDB and NOLA logos, but also with the design of that flash-intro on the site. Not the actual movie itself, but the background, and "signs" (see below.)

rebirthsplash_04b.jpg

EDIT: Was just looking at everything again, and I'd like to change my Awesome x5 to an Awesome x7.

Well, I take your Awesom x5 changed to an Awesome x7 and raise it to an Awesome xInfinity.

Seriously though, the white side panels could've been made purple with the inside yellow, but it doesn't remove the Awesomeness that plagues this collective work of art.

HornetsUnis.jpg

I figured it was just a matter of time before New Orleans would eventually shift to a look that was a less generic and more identifiable.

That said, the new set looks great. Upgrade.

6uXNWAo.png

HornetsUnis.jpg

I figured it was just a matter of time before New Orleans would eventually shift to a look that was a less generic and more identifiable.

That said, the new set looks great. Upgrade.

These for the most are great. The only thing that irks my is the away unis. There is to much white and the yellow wordmark is annoying. If they switch everything yellow for white and vice-versa, these would be 10X better.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

rebirthsplash_04b.jpg

Well, I take your Awesom x5 changed to an Awesome x7 and raise it to an Awesome xInfinity.

Seriously though, the white side panels could've been made purple with the inside yellow, but it doesn't remove the Awesomeness that plagues this collective work of art.

Quoted for accuracy. Damn, this is a beautifully done set. I normally do not wear jerseys, but if I were to actually wear one, this would be at the top of my list of ones to buy.

I really like how the pinstripes are only 2 colors per jersey. The original Hornets' jerseys were ugly with all the colors of pinstripes.

see here

The original Charlotte Hornets uniforms' colors were just nuts:

CharlotteHornets_FRC_1997_SOL_SRGB.jpg

I'll take that as an 'amen' by Werx to my opinion of the new Hornets' stripe simplicity.

ujsignature.png

Archived