Browns brown pants.

Elfman

Yes, but on the internet, people are allowed to bitch freely, openly, and loudly about the tiniest of minutiae that others would find completely trivial.

Hell, isn't that why we're all here?

I'm here for the free sammiches.

Where day at?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but on the internet, people are allowed to bitch freely, openly, and loudly about the tiniest of minutiae that others would find completely trivial.

Where day at?

WE've got peanut butter, peanut butter and honey, baloney and cheese, or....um...peanut butter.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Nothing much to add here other than my opinion that the ideal Browns uniform sets are brown over orange and white over white. It's such a great autumnal color scheme; why people rag on the Browns' colors I'll never understand.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

By the way, the Browns played tonight at Detroit and wore white pants with their white jerseys. Somebody important didn't like the brown pants.

According to the "football notes" section of the Boston Globes' sports page, the brown pants were "met with negativity among the fan base, which likely means the pants are facing early retirement." I have no idea what the source or the evidence is to back that up, but I am all for it.

Where day at?

WE've got peanut butter, peanut butter and honey, baloney and cheese, or....um...peanut butter.

What? No tuna?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Nothing much to add here other than my opinion that the ideal Browns uniform sets are brown over orange and white over white. It's such a great autumnal color scheme; why people rag on the Browns' colors I'll never understand.

Because the combination of orange, brown, and white is boring and on occasion (cough *brown pants* cough) ugly.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

By the way, the Browns played tonight at Detroit and wore white pants with their white jerseys. Somebody important didn't like the brown pants.

According to the "football notes" section of the Boston Globes' sports page, the brown pants were "met with negativity among the fan base, which likely means the pants are facing early retirement." I have no idea what the source or the evidence is to back that up, but I am all for it.

The Browns Website had an online poll about the pants and they were voted down. On The Orange & Brown Report (The OBR) Message Boards, there are threads about the subject. The email lists were up in arms, too. (Browns Fans can be really conservative when it comes to the unis. Don't even bring up the subject of a helmet logo.) It wasn't just Browns Fans that weren't crazy about them.

There are some sports unis that should never be messed with. A tweak here and there is one thing, but not a total makeover. I also liked it when some teams went back to a modern version of a previous classic. (NY Giants, NY Jets, Detroit Pistons, Washington Capitals & Buffalo Sabres Alternates are five recent examples of that.)

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

It's the players game. Without the players, there is no game.

Without the fans, there is no game, either. Some very passionate athletes play badminton, handball and table tennis, but the quantity of spectators, interest level and purchasing power that a solid fanbase brings to a sport is largely absent, keeping sports like these under the radar and quite unrespected when compared to larger-market games like football, basketball or baseball, even soccer (in europe). I would argue that badminton, handball and table tennis are "players games" more than football is because these athletes are not playing these sports solely to gain national attention and million-dollar contracts. There really, truly is no badminton without the players, because there are so few fans of the game.

All those old foggies can harken back to the good ole' days of Brown football, when they were 4-10 and playing in the biggest dump of a stadium in the NFL.

Or the good ole days of Browns football, dominating the AAFC, then, to a lesser extent, the NFL. Three losing seasons in their first 30 years of existence. 4 AAFC championships and 4 NFL championships in their first 20 years of existence. The list of historical greatness goes on and on. To call the Browns' history of football 'terrible' is an insult to the 16 Hall of Famers and other great players that played in that dump of a stadium on some of the greatest teams in NFL history.

For the record: The first time the Browns posted a 4-10 record was 1974, their 29th season.

On topic, I ddn't like the brown pants with the brown socks. I thought they would have looked better with the throwback white socks that have the stripes on them. I think they might look okay with brown jerseys as well, as long as the stripes brown socks are worn as well. Even though it says the Browns' official shade of brown has been changed as of last year to a custom color that's lighter, it still looks to me like they are using the old extra-dark brown from previous seasons on the uniforms. I like the color, especially in contrast with the bright, vibrant orange they use, but I do agree that it looks black at times.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If the Brownies have ditched the brown pants already, then this will be the fourth time in their team history that they have tried to tweak their unis in the preseason...and totally messed it up!!

In 1954 they wore an orange jersey in preseason...the fans hated it, so they disappeared.

In 1964, they tried the CB logo on the helmets in preseason...the fans hated it, so they disappeared.

In 1984, they had orange numbers on the brown jerseys...the fans hated it, so they disappeared.

Now in 2008 we get the brown pants!

Why does this team continue to screw up uniform tweaks???

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

If the Brownies have ditched the brown pants already, then this will be the fourth time in their team history that they have tried to tweak their unis in the preseason...and totally messed it up!!

In 1954 they wore an orange jersey in preseason...the fans hated it, so they disappeared.

In 1964, they tried the CB logo on the helmets in preseason...the fans hated it, so they disappeared.

In 1984, they had orange numbers on the brown jerseys...the fans hated it, so they disappeared.

And once again, the fans hated it.

The 1954 Orange Jersey idea was a Paul Brown expiriment. It was to see how much easier the color was to see in night games. I don't think it was so much fan backlash as it was Paul Brown discontinuing the experiment.

The "CB" Logo wasn't designed until 1965. Art "The Anti-Christ" Modell hated the Brownie Elf mascot and wanted a replacement. He had them placed on the helmets. Supposedly, they made it to one game (Preseason vs Green Bay in Cleveland.) but in fact, the players themselves removed them before any preseason games took place.

The 1984 Uniforms were HORRIBLE. It was in 1985 that the Browns came back with the classic uniform.

Here is more you forgot. Or did not realize it.)

Carmen Policy changes the pant stripes in 2003. There were in fact two sets of White Pants; one for the Brown Jersey and one for the White Jersey. He also introduced the Orange Game Jersey in 2002. The fans for the most part hated Carmen's changes. (Carmen was soon ran out off town.)

I'm working on a Browns Uniform History Website.

Because when I want to get my Browns news I always turn to the Boston Globe first. :P

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Where day at?

What? No tuna?

We would have, but Hedley had relations with the Hellmann's.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Where day at?

What? No tuna?

We would have, but Hedley had relations with the Hellmann's.

That's okay. We'll just call it "tangy aioli."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The 1954 Orange Jersey idea was a Paul Brown expiriment. It was to see how much easier the color was to see in night games. I don't think it was so much fan backlash as it was Paul Brown discontinuing the experiment.

The "CB" Logo wasn't designed until 1965. Art "The Anti-Christ" Modell hated the Brownie Elf mascot and wanted a replacement. He had them placed on the helmets. Supposedly, they made it to one game (Preseason vs Green Bay in Cleveland.) but in fact, the players themselves removed them before any preseason games took place.

The 1984 Uniforms were HORRIBLE. It was in 1985 that the Browns came back with the classic uniform.

Carmen Policy changes the pant stripes in 2003. There were in fact two sets of White Pants; one for the Brown Jersey and one for the White Jersey. He also introduced the Orange Game Jersey in 2002. The fans for the most part hated Carmen's changes. (Carmen was soon ran out off town.)

Thanks for the info, I did indeed forget the other changes. I'm just wondering why the Browns would spend so much money (maybe $200 for each pair of pants, for 60-70 guys...not cheap) on something that they didn't adequately research beforehand, like with a poll of the fans. I don't know of any other teams that have done this.

The only change the Browns made that the fans didn't hate was the orange pants in 1975...and that's because they looked good!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Thanks for the info, I did indeed forget the other changes. I'm just wondering why the Browns would spend so much money (maybe $200 for each pair of pants, for 60-70 guys...not cheap) on something that they didn't adequately research beforehand, like with a poll of the fans. I don't know of any other teams that have done this.

The only change the Browns made that the fans didn't hate was the orange pants in 1975...and that's because they looked good!

The Orange Pants are popular among Browns Fans in my age group (I'm 43) because that's what they wore when we became fans. I wish they would come back as an alternate set (But in a more subdued shade than the recent attempt.)

It was Carmen Policy that brought in the two sets of White Pants, and that wasn't the only crappy idea that Policy forced on us. (He was full of them and full of it.)

The Orange Pants are popular among Browns Fans in my age group (I'm 43) because that's what they wore when we became fans. I wish they would come back as an alternate set (But in a more subdued shade than the recent attempt.)

It was Carmen Policy that brought in the two sets of White Pants, and that wasn't the only crappy idea that Policy forced on us. (He was full of them and full of it.)

I agree with you, meanwhile in enemy territory we are trying to get the Rooney's to change the numeral and letter fonts back from the rounded to the block numerals during the pre 1997 days because we hate it literally, we had a online petition trying to persuade the rooneys to change it.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived