Browns brown pants.

Elfman

capt.f6ea82386a044e099238e8ebcde9dd90.browns_giants_football_eru111.jpg

They really need to lighten the Brown...make it light milk chocolate looking...otherwise it's just black

If you're going to use brown, make it look like brown...by day, by night, it has to look brown.

That pic right there pretty much sums up how much I like those pants...

The look like jacksonville in those pants and socks

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread is nothing without concepts. :P

[OTIS THE SECURITY GUARD FROM MARTIN]What that there you say bout a concept threre now boy??[/OTIS THE SECURITY GUARD FROM MARTIN]

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

(And oh by the way...is anyone else besides me seeing an impending "Brown-out" over in the "Concepts" thread?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Browns have a decent traditional looking uniform. All those old foggies can harken back to the good ole' days of Brown football, when they were 4-10 and playing in the biggest dump of a stadium in the NFL. And, they still can have a traditional looking uniform, using brown pants on occasion too. They still have the old helmet, with the grey facemask. They still have the standard looking font numbers. They still have the traditional stripes on the sleeves. Adding a solid brown pant, does very little to diminish this "traditional" uniform. Just gives it some "energy", to what is normally a dull look.

And, people made fun of the Broncos when their new uniforms first came out. The guys on SportsCenter are tools anyway. Again, once people get used to seeing the BROWNS wearing BROWN pants, they will be fine. It will be OK. No need to panic. You traditionalists can join the other progressive people of the world. Its just football, BTW.

You have got to be kidding me.

If you lived next door to me, which I expect you don't, I would be banging down your door. This would be at fisticuffs. Besides making inane comments regrading browns fans you obviously have taken the exact opposite approach to the uniform as i would take. I say "if it ain't broke," you seem to be saying "energy".

I have too much to do tonight to respond to all of your uninformed comments, but let me tell you, OF ALL OF THE BROWNS MANY YEARS AT CLEVELAND MUNICIPAL STADIUM, THE 4-10 SEASONS AREN'T THE ONES THE BROWNS FANS HOLD DEAR. They dominated football in that stadium prior to renaming the championship "Super Bowl".

I would also take Cleveland Municipal over 70-80% of the current stadiums. 80,000+ and a legitimate "Dawg Pound" area? That's the way i grew up understanding football. That place would shake during playoff games and that experience can not be surpassed IMO.

To be fair, all uniforms deal with differing lighting conditions. These look black under stadium lights, but I'd rather have that then varying shades like the Cowboys use. And yes, stripes could help. Maybe the team should go back and incorporate silver/gray into the uniform and abandon the brown pants altogether.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

WOW I was on an Alaskan cruise the last to weeks. Thank god the ship had ESPN. I would have pooped my pants if i'd have missed the debut of the brown pants. I really enjoyed seeing my Browns wearing something new. I'd love to see them add the <=B=> logo to the hips of the solid brown pants. If they were to add strips to them then I'd like to see them be the thinner stripes that they wore back in the 1980's. Something tells me that in week 2 for Sunday night football we're going to see them in a brown out.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

how about wearing orange socks... that'll balance the orange helmets.

Orange socks won't work. Socks lighter than the pants just look odd. See the Detroit Lions blue pants and grey socks from 98.

Meh, I think the Bengals orange socks look ok with their black pants.

Orange socks won't work. Socks lighter than the pants just look odd. See the Detroit Lions blue pants and grey socks from 98.

Too bad it seems they've quit wearing that combo. With the Black socks and black pants Their road uniforms suffer from the same problems these Browns uniforms do, all orange up top and all black down low. They need to integrate them better, though it isn't as bad as the Browns pants because their dark pants have stripes that actually match the helmet and sleeves.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wow...the pants aren't too flattering for the lineman. It really makes them look like super muffin tops with chicken legs in capri pants.

Solution:

All brown pants with striped socks.

Striped pants with either kind of socks.

that has little to do with Brown pants and a lot more to do with Hank Fraley

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Honestly, they aren't THAT bad. I'm not sure why people are so up in arms about them. Are they great? No. With a little work, and a couple of stripes they might be acceptable.

Its nothing that Bowling Green hasn't done before. Its not groundbreaking or earth shattering.

The only thing thats a bit odd to me is that the Browns chose this year to do this. It seemed like they were going towards a more traditional look as of last year with the grey facemasks and older jersey striping and all. I would think that they would have done this years ago. But they did it anyway, so I give them some credit. Now if they could refine the look and make it work...that would be great!

Honestly, they aren't THAT bad. I'm not sure why people are so up in arms about them. Are they great? No. With a little work, and a couple of stripes they might be acceptable.

But that's just the thing. These aren't concepts that can just be edited and re-posted. These are live, in production. They ain't changing any time soon. Next season would be the absolute earliest, and even that would be very unlikely.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Too bad it seems they've quit wearing that combo. With the Black socks and black pants Their road uniforms suffer from the same problems these Browns uniforms do, all orange up top and all black down low. They need to integrate them better, though it isn't as bad as the Browns pants because their dark pants have stripes that actually match the helmet and sleeves.

Yeah, I remember when they played the Bears in '05 they wore the black pants with the orange socks in their away uniforms. I'm not a big fan of their unis after the change, but that combo I really liked.

Couldn't disagree more... NOTHING looks worse than same color sox / pants combo. The Lions gray sox were goofy because they needed white sox with a stripe that matched the jersey. Blue on blue would've look much much worse than the gray. Check out Houston... their red sox / Navy pants combo is beautiful. In fact, that's one of the only things the Bills get right.

But that's just the thing. These aren't concepts that can just be edited and re-posted. These are live, in production. They ain't changing any time soon. Next season would be the absolute earliest, and even that would be very unlikely.

But like I said in my previous post: They aren't THAT bad. Some guys are complaining as if they are the worst pair of pants since ZUBAZ.

They aren't THAT bad....thats for sure ^_^

Yes, but on the internet, people are allowed to bitch freely, openly, and loudly about the tiniest of minutiae that others would find completely trivial.

Hell, isn't that why we're all here?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived