Browns brown pants.

Elfman

The brown pants would work well if they had stripes on the sides.

As previously stated, the rest of the uniform is so heavily striped, the pants look out of place sans stripes. The brown socks wouldn't even look too bad if the pants had stripes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing about the pants of Florida State, Michigan, Notre Dame, UCLA, Penn State, and Texas is that they all (at least somewhat in Michigan's case) match the helmet color...not that it makes any difference whatsoever.

Does it always have to be a light vs. dark issue with you people? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Another thing about the pants of Florida State, Michigan, Notre Dame, UCLA, Penn State, and Texas is that they all (at least somewhat in Michigan's case) match the helmet color...not that it makes any difference whatsoever.

Does it always have to be a light vs. dark issue with you people? :P

Yeah, it was a lousy comparison that doesn't apply to the Browns brown pants.

From afar the Browns looked like the Bengals. Not "unique" if you ask me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

In the spirit and memory of TCR...

"NEEDS STRIPES!"

The funny thing is if the Browns actually wore their striped white socks, it probably would have improved the look two-fold. But, as it was, all that orange up top, compared to NO orange down bottom, made for a horrible imbalance. (And if HD can't make the Browns' brown appear, uh, brown, then I think that's a problem. IMO, the Browns need a lighter, brighter brown. (Is there such a thing as a "bright brown"???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

"NEEDS STRIPES!"

The funny thing is if the Browns actually wore their striped white socks, it probably would have improved the look two-fold. But, as it was, all that orange up top, compared to NO orange down bottom, made for a horrible imbalance. (And if HD can't make the Browns' brown appear, uh, brown, then I think that's a problem. IMO, the Browns need a lighter, brighter brown. (Is there such a thing as a "bright brown"???)

IIRC, that was the less infamous "fonz." Dude couldn't ever post more than seven words.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Hmm, coughing up 23 points in the first quarter, committing 98 yards in penalties, allowing a 95-yard fumble return, kicking a punt into their own players for a safety, and losing their starting quarterback to injury. <_<

I'm not one of those that believes in uniforms giving bad luck, but as far as uniform debuts go, this is a helluva way to convince me otherwise.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

The Browns need a lighter, brighter brown. (Is there such a thing as a "bright brown"???)

The brown they use is the brown they use.

The brown pants are PERFECTLY matched to the socks and the brown in their uniform. Unlike some teams, who can't seem to do this, and look like fools. They matched their colors. Give them credit for that.

They are the Browns. They have a terrible history of football. Why not add a little modern-day look, to a old uniform once-in-a-while?

The Lions throwback pants also have no stripes too. The Rams have no stripes on their gold pants. The Jags have no stripes on their black pants. Any issues there?

Again, everybody needs to lighten up. The pants look fine and according to reports I saw last night, the players like them. You all will get used to them, as you see them more. Until then, enjoy your classic/tired looking Redskin and Cowboy unifoms, and all their glory. Hope they are "traditional" looking enough for some of you, no matter how "out of touch" they are. :D

They are the Browns. They have a terrible history of football.

Huh? Are you only thinking about the post-resurrection Browns? The Cleveland Browns only appeared in eleven NFL championship games in the 1950's and 60's, winning four titles after winning every AAFC championship the four seasons before. I could think of some fans of other teams who would like to have such a terrible history.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

The Browns need a lighter, brighter brown. (Is there such a thing as a "bright brown"???)

The brown they use is the brown they use.

The brown pants are PERFECTLY matched to the socks and the brown in their uniform. Unlike some teams, who can't seem to do this, and look like fools. They matched their colors. Give them credit for that.

His point was that the brown they use is too dark. It appeared black last night, I don't see the harm in lightening it up a little.

They are the Browns. They have a terrible history of football. Why not add a little modern-day look, to a old uniform once-in-a-while?

Because they look like :censored:. Modern-day look does not automatically equal a good look just as old uniforms don't automatically mean bad.

The Lions throwback pants also have no stripes too. The Rams have no stripes on their gold pants. The Jags have no stripes on their black pants. Any issues there?

The Lions throwbacks have not one single stripe, the rams uniforms are balanced with a big-ass gold horn and gold numbers, and the Jaguars black pants match the helmet that has no stripe. It's about balance and like the stripeless pants college teams these teams are balanced because broad stripes are not a part of the uniform design. The Browns like I've said before were unbalanced last night

Again, everybody needs to lighten up. The pants look fine and according to reports I saw last night, the players like them. You all will get used to them, as you see them more. Until then, enjoy your classic/tired looking Redskin and Cowboy unifoms, and all their glory. Hope they are "traditional" looking enough for some of you, no matter how "out of touch" they are. :D

I don't know why you can't comprehend that this isn't the reasons people don't like these pants. The reason they don't like them has been stated over and over. If they had stripes to match the helmets and sleeves and contrasting colored socks I wouldn't mind them and I'm sure other wouldn't either. While the color Brown matches the other browns in the uniform, the pants are out of place with the design of the rest of the uniform. Nobody is right or wrong when it comes to football uniform theory. Do yourself a favor and get past the thought that everyone here is wrong and you are right. It is just your subjective choice. It's a horrible one IMO, but it's your choice to have. Now I've given evidence over and over why they look bad, all you can give me as to why they look good is that they're new. That makes no sense to me, but it is your right to believe. Instead of believing that everyone else is wrong, maybe think that you're just simply in the minority.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hmmm... I hate the "modern Browns", but I also hate the "classic" Cowboys and Redskin looks. I guess I'm just tough to please.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They do have, however, a long history of dressing well. Which they're spoiling with the mime look.

If they're going to add a modern element, why add an ugly modern element?

The Lions and Rams use contrasting socks. They also use a prominent helmet color for the pants. For those two reasons there's no real comparison there.

Hmmm... I hate the "modern Browns", but I also hate the "classic" Cowboys and Redskin looks. I guess I'm just tough to please.

It's a very delicate balance, good design.

Some modern teams like the Rams manage to make that balance work, as do some classic teams like the Browns. I share your disdain for the Redskins' and Cowboys' look, although I think both teams have throwbacks that work better than the primaries.

"NEEDS STRIPES!"

IIRC, that was the less infamous "fonz." Dude couldn't ever post more than seven words.

Ya, I agree.

Anyway, white/orange/white stripes on the pants would be the way to go here as it would balance the colors better as a whole on the entire uniform while breaking up all that brown.

EDIT: Yeah, count me in as those who feel that the Browns' (white) striped socks would improve the uniform that much more as well.

Was just browsing the UW blog, and someone posted a pic from a few years ago when the Browns brought back the orange pants. Now that was a great look (especially with the brown jerseys.) Why not just make a brown version of those (with triple stripe) and work all three into the mix? Home primary = brown over white, alt = brown over orange. Road primary = white over brown, alt = white over orange. Preseason = white over white.

Archived