Seattle Mariners uniform history

Cianfrocco

For those that remember the Diamondbacks site I made a few months ago, I have finally gotten around to finishing another one for the Mariners. With several more years in their history, this one took a little more work, especially trying to find older photos.

http://mariners.freehostia.com/

And no, I don't have plans for doing any more teams. These are my two favorite teams, which is why I did them. A lot of the info is from programs, yearbooks, baseball cards, videos, and other sources that I don't really have for other teams. For most other teams, I wouldn't even know where to begin. In case you missed the Diamondbacks one, it is at http://dbacks.freehostia.com/

If you have any suggestions or helpful info for either site, please let me know. Thanks!

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

For those that remember the Diamondbacks site I made a few months ago, I have finally gotten around to finishing another one for the Mariners. With several more years in their history, this one took a little more work, especially trying to find older photos.

And no, I don't have plans for doing any more teams. These are my two favorite teams, which is why I did them. A lot of the info is from programs, yearbooks, baseball cards, videos, and other sources that I don't really have for other teams. For most other teams, I wouldn't even know where to begin. In case you missed the Diamondbacks one, it is at http://dbacks.freehostia.com/

If you have any suggestions or helpful info for either site, please let me know. Thanks!

I remember just browsing around the DBacks site for a couple hours when you first put it up, and now I'm doing the same thing with your new Mariners site. Great, absolutely GREAT work.

Very well done sir, good to see that comprehensive of a uniform history for my favorite team. On a related note, anyone know where you can get any of the blue and gold throwback caps as worn on the field with the MLB logo? I've been looking online, and since I'm no longer in Seattle the team store isn't an option. I'm looking for a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2, any info would be greatly appreciated.

SEAsig.png

I'd like to say I've seen it. problem is i'm getting "internet explorer cannot display the webpage." I can see your D-backs page just fine though, btw.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I'm especially happy that you have pictures of the home SEATTLE jerseys from 1992. I remember bringing this up in this forum a couple years ago, and NO ONE believed me. Some well respected members of this forum basically said that they had never heard of such a thing - therefore I was nuts. I couldn't refute them since I didn't have photos and couldn't give them the EXACT date, only that it was 92. You have no idea how glad (and relieved) I am that you have the proof I've been searching for. Vindication is indeed nice.

Overall, it is just fantastic reliving momories of seasons past through your great website - it's quite stunning.

(one correction though - in the "Caps" section, you mention Joey Cora's hat pins and also mention Felix Fermin. However, your Fermin pictures actually appear to be Luis Sojo).

I miss the teal jerseys and the hats with the teal visors. :cry:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I'm especially happy that you have pictures of the home SEATTLE jerseys from 1992. I remember bringing this up in this forum a couple years ago, and NO ONE believed me. Some well respected members of this forum basically said that they had never heard of such a thing - therefore I was nuts. I couldn't refute them since I didn't have photos and couldn't give them the EXACT date, only that it was 92. You have no idea how glad (and relieved) I am that you have the proof I've been searching for. Vindication is indeed nice.

Overall, it is just fantastic reliving momories of seasons past through your great website - it's quite stunning.

(one correction though - in the "Caps" section, you mention Joey Cora's hat pins and also mention Felix Fermin. However, your Fermin pictures actually appear to be Luis Sojo).

Yeah! I remember those jerseys very well.. I remember that home game was televised and I remember it being a novilty that a Mariners home game was on TV (back in those days, all the TV games were road games). I believe those jersey's said SEATTLE because that's when Nintendo of America and various other local investors bought the Mariners and saved it from being moved to Tampa Bay.

What are you guys talking about when you talk about this one off/1992 jersey? Is this the BP jersey?

No, it was a jersey that the Mariners wore during one home game to celebrate the fact that they were bought by a local group and that the Mariners were Seattle's team - not Tampa's.

Excellent resource. I learned a lot. That old M's number font is kind of interesting. It looks a little like what the Sacramento Kings used on the ugly gold alternates.

I know you said you don't want to do any more of these, but would you be receptive to soliciting help from other sources and sort of "licensing out" the layout and so forth? It's so good that we almost need to have one for every team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Very well done sir, good to see that comprehensive of a uniform history for my favorite team. On a related note, anyone know where you can get any of the blue and gold throwback caps as worn on the field with the MLB logo? I've been looking online, and since I'm no longer in Seattle the team store isn't an option. I'm looking for a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Go to www.mickeysplace.com. They have all three hats and the Pilots cap.

Archived