New Pepsi products logos in the works

buzzcut

Must resurrect this thread due to a new Pepsi product being put out there: Pepsi Next. Supposedly has 60% less sugar than regular Pepsi

pepsi-next.jpg

Beautiful design of the new can. However, the nice design isn't going to persuade me to buy any of that because of one important reason:

60% less sugar = 60% less taste.

That was the prototype design, the can with the white swoosh is the final design. Shame cause that one does look better.

Also I hate to say this but the pepsi logo has grown on me....id still be happy tho is they return to the normal pepsi globe one day tho.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I hate to say this but the pepsi logo has grown on me....id still be happy tho is they return to the normal pepsi globe one day tho.

I liked the entire PepsiCo rebrand from a few years back.

Just another one of my unpopular opinions.

spacer.png

60% less sugar = 60% less taste.

This. Sugar FTW

I assuming it's sweetened with deadly aspartame? Much better off with sugar

Jeez guy we get it, you don't like aspartame. This is like your 14th reference in the past week.

Jeez guy we get it, you don't like aspartame. This is like your 14th reference in the past week.

I think I've made 3 references to it in total on these boards.

Anyhow the design itself looks really good. How the Blue fades into the Silver in that angular pattern. It'd be better with the classic Pepsi globe though.

The prototype can looks fantastic, though I can't help but think that products like this would be better of branded as their own label rather than a subset of Pepsi. It seems to me that these sub-brands (Coke Zero, Pepsi Max, etc.) don't get nearly the attention that they would get if they were marketed under their own name. Then, if the 60% less sugar thing took off, they could nave NEXT Cola, NEXT Root Beer, NEXT Cherry, etc., instead of Pepsi Next Cola, Pepsi Cherry Next, Pepsi XXXX Next, etc.

The Pepsi and Coke brands should represent cola-based (i.e. regular, cherry, etc) drinks sweetened with HFCS (regular) or Aspertame (diet), with caffeine free varieites of each. Any derivation from that should IMO be marketed under a different brand, so that you're not looking at a million different variations of Pepsi on the shelf.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The "60% less sugar" mantra is idiotic because regular Pepsi has 0% sugar... it uses high-fructose corn syrup instead. Why? Because the US government levies ridiculous taxes on sugar imports.

Fructose is a type of sugar--it may not be regular sugar, etc.

But it is a type of sugar.

You can debate HFCS vs other sugars--and that's fine--there are certainly advantages to some types of sugars vs others--although at the end of the day--it's still sugar.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I've mentioned this several times, but I'll mention it again... I don't care how many different versions of Pepsi that they make, but if when 2015 comes along and they don't introduce Pepsi Perfect, they're missing a huge marketing opportunity. Logo fans, soda fans, futuristic memorabilia fans, and obviously Back to the Future fans will all want a hand at a bottle, can, etc.

Found this online:

pepsi-bttf2.png

Credit goes to a designer by the name of Patrick Sarni

The US is a huge country with diverse climates and terrains. Not to mention plenty of overseas territories. It's kind of mind boggling that there isn't a large domestic sugar industry.

We do actually. Michigan, Minnesota and the Dakotas are major sugar beet producers. Then there are the Gulf states that grow sugar cane.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The US is a huge country with diverse climates and terrains. Not to mention plenty of overseas territories. It's kind of mind boggling that there isn't a large domestic sugar industry.

We do actually. Michigan, Minnesota and the Dakotas are major sugar beet producers. Then there are the Gulf states that grow sugar cane.

I don't think South Dakota does, just North Dakota. In fact, it's pretty much just the Red River Valley that does (Eastern ND bordering NW Minnesota). I don't think anywhere else in MN beets grow either. The RRV produces like half the beets in the US though.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Hmm, then companies like Coca-Cola and Pepsi not using "real" sugar must not have anything to do with the cost of importing the stuff.

per wikipedia

In the U.S., HFCS is among the sweeteners that have primarily replaced sucrose (table sugar) in the food industry. Factors for this include governmental production quotas of domestic sugar, subsidies of U.S. corn, and an import tariff on foreign sugar; all of which combine to raise the price of sucrose to levels above those of the rest of the world, making HFCS less costly for many sweetener applications.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

Well on pepsi's site it seems like Pepsi One has FINALLY gotten a new label featuring the current logo.

Pepsi_One_12oz.jpeg

When I see 2 liter's tho it still has the older logo on it (the one they should be using of course) who knows how long til this actually appears on shelves.

Didn't even know they still marketed Pepsi One.

It's kind of odd that Max and One would both have black cans. I guess they're running out of colors, but there's got to be a way to give each variety a color to "own".

Well on pepsi's site it seems like Pepsi One has FINALLY gotten a new label featuring the current logo.

Pepsi_One_12oz.jpeg

When I see 2 liter's tho it still has the older logo on it (the one they should be using of course) who knows how long til this actually appears on shelves.

Can't they just have Pepsi and Diet Pepsi?

Pepsi_One_12oz.jpeg

Pepsi One is still sold in my area, so I checked a 12-pack recently with the old look, and the cans inside had the new look.

kU6ns.gif

Pepsi_One_12oz.jpeg

Diet Pepsi

Pepsi Edge

Pepsi Next

Pepsi Max

Pepsi One

How many variations of this crap do they need?

Archived