Battle Red on Monday Night Football

mmejia

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a little unrelated but I'll ask anyways... While on Ebay I saw a Priest Holmes variant McFarlane figure wearing the Chiefs' red jersey and red pants. Does anybody happen to know if the KC Chiefs have actually ever worn an all red set? Or is that just an excuse to make a rare figure?

Never. When they brought back the red pants, I read an interview with the coach (Vermeil?) who said that the players were lobbying for the red/red, but he wasn't going to have it. Apparently, neither will Herm.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So what did everyone think of Del Rio's sideline attire?

I loved the jacket.

(photos from jacksonville.com)

I really liked it, but I thought he could only wear the tie at home...?

I loved the jacket.

I really liked it, but I thought he could only wear the tie at home...?

Me too. I guess he was willing to pay the fine. After all, good style is priceless. :D

This is a little unrelated but I'll ask anyways... While on Ebay I saw a Priest Holmes variant McFarlane figure wearing the Chiefs' red jersey and red pants. Does anybody happen to know if the KC Chiefs have actually ever worn an all red set? Or is that just an excuse to make a rare figure?

Never. When they brought back the red pants, I read an interview with the coach (Vermeil?) who said that the players were lobbying for the red/red, but he wasn't going to have it. Apparently, neither will Herm.

Thanks, I didn't think they ever did but I just thought I'd make sure and I figured this was the right place to ask :P I think that's a good thing they have never done that, the figure looks bad.

I loved the jacket.

I know I'm in the vast minority with this but I think a football coach wearing a suit or tie on the sidelines is just ridiculous. It's football not a banker convention.

BB52Big.jpg

battle_red.jpg

Just wanted to say how awesome of a picture this is. The Texans fans going nuts, Faggins in the crowd celebrating with the fans wihile his teammates are underneath him in kick ass uniforms and the Jags with their tails between their legs. Awesome, awesome picture.

Red jerseys/white pants should be a no-brainer for the Texans. It is a phenomenal look for them.

I loved the jacket.

I know I'm in the vast minority with this but I think a football coach wearing a suit or tie on the sidelines is just ridiculous. It's football not a banker convention.

Not as ridiculous as baseball managers wearing uniforms. You gonna go out there and play, Bobby Cox? Now that is silly to me.

battle_red.jpg

Just wanted to say how awesome of a picture this is. The Texans fans going nuts, Faggins in the crowd celebrating with the fans wihile his teammates are underneath him in kick ass uniforms and the Jags with their tails between their legs. Awesome, awesome picture.

Red jerseys/white pants should be a no-brainer for the Texans. It is a phenomenal look for them.

I was actually at that game back in 2004. Jacksonville was driving late to tie the game with a field goal when Leftwhich threw an interception that Faggins returned for touchdown to put it away. That might have even been the first "battle red" day they had.

I loved the jacket.

Not as ridiculous as baseball managers wearing uniforms. You gonna go out there and play, Bobby Cox? Now that is silly to me.

One of the dumbest traditions in all of sports, and something that should be changed immediately.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21456866E.jpg

21456539E.jpg

I loved the jacket.

He must have gotten some fashion tips from Alvin Wyatt (head football coach @ Bethune-Cookman)

2774450493_83c180b026.jpg

Nah...cuz then he wouldn't have the tie on. He'd have that shirt on unbuttoned all the way down to the hamburger meat..a.nd then, just for effect, he'd have a nice shiny gold chain on around his neck. :D

(And every other finger would be pimped out with a ring of some sort...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

21456866E.jpg

21456539E.jpg

I loved the jacket.

He must have gotten some fashion tips from Alvin Wyatt (head football coach @ Bethune-Cookman)

2774450493_83c180b026.jpg

Nah...cuz then he wouldn't have the tie on. He'd have that shirt on unbuttoned all the way down to the hamburger meat..a.nd then, just for effect, he'd have a nice shiny gold chain on around his neck. :D

(And every other finger would be pimped out with a ring of some sort...)

At first glance I thought he had steam comin' off his head. I was thinkin' "Man, he shoulda worn white."

I loved the jacket.

One of the dumbest traditions in all of sports, and something that should be changed immediately.

But then what would happen in case every player and every other bench coach gets injured and Charlie Manuel can't insert himself into the lineup because he isn't wearing the proper uniform. It is dumb, but you know what's even sillier? High school baseball coaches wearing uniforms. I can understand that at one point in the major leagues there were player managers, but in high school the coaches don't have any eligibility left.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I loved the jacket.

But then what would happen in case every player and every other bench coach gets injured and Charlie Manuel can't insert himself into the lineup because he isn't wearing the proper uniform. It is dumb, but you know what's even sillier? High school baseball coaches wearing uniforms. I can understand that at one point in the major leagues there were player managers, but in high school the coaches don't have any eligibility left.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but he couldn't insert himself anyway if he's not on the roster (which obviously he's not.) The uniform is totally meaningless.

I wish they'd let the coaches do more regarding the 'shirt and tie' look. The Jags and the 49ers did something w/ that not too long ago, and it looked fantastic. I know there's restrictions regarding NFL Equipment apparel and stuff, but I wish they'd do it again as more than just an experiment. I guess that's up to the coaches more than anything.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived