2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Nice job by the White Sox defense tonight, tying an AL record by turning six ground ball double plays against the Indians tonight. Too bad it didn't help them win...

Mark Buehrle has been absolute :censored: since his perfect game. So much for that "Is he a HOFer?" talk.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice job by the White Sox defense tonight, tying an AL record by turning six ground ball double plays against the Indians tonight. Too bad it didn't help them win...

Mark Buehrle has been absolute :censored: since his perfect game. So much for that "Is he a HOFer?" talk.

Anybody who even put Mark Buehrle and Hall of Fame in the same sentence and was serious about it needs to be shot. I mean, yeah, all his memorabilia from the perfect game is going into the Hall, but not his bust. Y'all (whoever said it) are silly.

David Ortiz was just batting in the 9th for Boston and the Yankee fans were chanting "steroids."

Are you kidding me Yankee fans?

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

I thought some fans had short memories, but that is one for the books.

Also, why the Angels can't touch the Rangers this year baffles me. The Halos ate Texas' lunch last year, but now just ugh. But they still have a 3.5 game lead

Oh and the lack of a stable bullpen angers me.

And, Jeff Mathis = Worthless

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

David Ortiz was just batting in the 9th for Boston and the Yankee fans were chanting "steroids."

Are you kidding me Yankee fans?

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

I thought some fans had short memories, but that is one for the books.

Went to the game 15 inning game on Friday night and wondered the same thing. It's mainly due to the Red Sox fan's treatment of A-Rod earlier in the season. At least, that's what most people I met at the game Friday night said. Yankee fans were a little more reserved than I thought. I wore my Red Sox shirt in the middle of Bleacher Creature country and barely got any crap for it. Then again, I didn't open my mouth once, so maybe I helped my own cause.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Should we send in the troops to Boston? Has the riot begun? Have fans begun throwing themselves in the Harbor yet? As far as the steroid thing, Big 'Roid is sounding a lot like Rafael Palmeiro. "I didn't use steroids." Or was it Barry Bonds, "I didn't know what I was taking", or was that Tejada. Should this surprise anyone? Nope. Take a look at his stats in Minnesota and then in Boston. You do have to question it. I could care less about any of the names released yet, I'm just waiting patiently for the day where Steve Finley's name is finally "leaked". Oh and who is leaking all these names? Either David Stern or Vince McMahon. :P

Anybody who even put Mark Buehrle and Hall of Fame in the same sentence and was serious about it needs to be shot. I mean, yeah, all his memorabilia from the perfect game is going into the Hall, but not his bust. Y'all (whoever said it) are silly.

I would not jump the gun either way. Give it some time. He still has plenty of years left in his career to prove himself to be Hall of Fame worthy.

I saw, I came, I left.

If you missed it during the Marlins sweep of the Phils, Victorino was thrown out of the game by the home plate ump (Rapuano) while he was in CENTER FIELD. <_<

You do NOT argue balls and strikes...and apparently you do not complain about them either.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't like the Yankees or the Red Sox. I want the Rays to pass both of them to win the division, or at least pass one and win the Wild Card spot.

That said, I couldn't be any happier than that the Red Sox got swept by the Yankees. New York fans are arrogant....but always have been. Boston fans, however, are just flat-out intolerable. I'm glad Bostonians are panicking.....

People were actually serious about Mark Buehrle being a hall of famer? Now that's funny. :D

BB52Big.jpg

People were actually serious about Mark Buehrle being a hall of famer? Now that's funny. :D

Were any of them not from Chicago or St. Louis?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Chicago White Sox have claimed Alex Rios off of waivers. JP for some reason did not pull him back or negotiate a trade.

So there we go, Alex Rios is a White Sock, and JP clears about 60 million for the Jays.

Now if we could waive Vernon wells and his 125 million dollar contract.

1zqy8ok.gif

Pedro Martinez starts Wednesday night for the Phillies.

Jamie Moyer demoted to the bullpen. Not sure if I can remember an instance where a starter with more than 250 career wins was put in the 'pen.

I have a bad feeling that this won't end well, and that he'll be released soon. My guess is that he won't even be used as a reliever, but will continue to prepare as a starter, just in case Pedro bombs. If Pedro is even mediocre, Moyer will be let go.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If you missed it during the Marlins sweep of the Phils, Victorino was thrown out of the game by the home plate ump (Rapuano) while he was in CENTER FIELD. <_<

Shane Victorino now knows what Ed Rapuano and Happy Fun Ball have in common.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Chicago White Sox have claimed Alex Rios off of waivers. JP for some reason did not pull him back or negotiate a trade.

So there we go, Alex Rios is a White Sock, and JP clears about 60 million for the Jays.

Arguably the best thing JP's done in his stint as Jays GM, now we can only hope he does good with this money.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

JP is a clown. He is the one that gave him the big contract and now he had to let him. Pretty much saying he will be become an all - star but we are letting him go because I screwed up. What makes it worse is the Owners let him go ahead and do this. If people think JP is clueless, the owners are just as bad keeping him around for this long. The Franchise is in it for a long run of pain and suffering if they are going to keep this crap up. Cant wait until this season is over and JP is out of here, and hopefully the New president doesn't have a big noise up his... well you get the point.

4kv29i.jpg

JP is a clown. He is the one that gave him the big contract and now he had to let him. Pretty much saying he will be become an all - star but we are letting him go because I screwed up. What makes it worse is the Owners let him go ahead and do this. If people think JP is clueless, the owners are just as bad keeping him around for this long. The Franchise is in it for a long run of pain and suffering if they are going to keep this crap up. Cant wait until this season is over and JP is out of here, and hopefully the New president doesn't have a big noise up his... well you get the point.

Beano before, and there'll be no noise up his...

Not sure if I can remember an instance where a starter with more than 250 career wins was put in the 'pen.

Considering there's only 40 pitchers with more wins in MLB history, you won't find many... ^_^

Ferguson Jenkins had over 200 wins during a period where he was mostly a starter but he had a few relief appearances mixed in too, and before entering the bullpen, Smoltz had 157 wins as a starter and Eckersley had 151...

Archived