Color Coded Cities

buckeyes

I'm sure it's been brought up before but has anybody ever thought of the color coded cities in which all of the major sports teams wear the same colors for their uniforms. During the Super Bowl I saw a Steelers fan wearing a Pirates hat and realized that the Pens, Pirates, and Steelers all wear Black, Gold/Yellow, and White. I'm having trouble coming up with other cities. Do they exist?

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, but it's been though of and suggested various times. In fact, there was a thread in the concepts section about this where people took cities and took the colors of the most popular team and changed the logos for every team. In fact, I did Cleveland, and many people thought it looked pretty good having orange and brown as the main colors of the city.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I'm sure it's been brought up before but has anybody ever thought of the color coded cities in which all of the major sports teams wear the same colors for their uniforms. During the Super Bowl I saw a Steelers fan wearing a Pirates hat and realized that the Pens, Pirates, and Steelers all wear Black, Gold/Yellow, and White. I'm having trouble coming up with other cities. Do they exist?

And actually, the Penguins changed in mid-season the year that both the Steelers and Pirates won their respective championships as a tribute. They had to deal with an angry Boston franchise, but got approval.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

A lot of blue and/or two-tone blue in the Tennessee area.

Titans (2-tone), Preds (Navy...with silver and yellow-gold), Belmont (Blue and Red), and Tennessee State (Blue and White...with occasional red or black trim) all in Nashville.

Middle Tennessee in Blue, White, and Silver/Gray, 30 miles out.

And the Memphis Grizzlies are 2 tone blue also. Same state, missing league...though many disagree since Memphians and Nashvillians don't always get along. Some people even say that true fans of one city can't cheer for the other. Respectfully I disagree, as Grizzlies and Titans gear co-exist in my collection.

Also, it could be said that these color schemes (Titans, Preds, and Grizz) are a product of the new franchises and the trends of the times...but still. Similarities are similarities.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

with the bobcats ditching the orange for the most part,Charlotte will be black and Electric/faded blue

but the Flames,Stamps,and Roughnecks all wear black and red

Montreal has red white and blue,the Al's also have silver,and the Impact have no red though

San Diego is a Blue/gold city in pro sports

yoo3.png

In Seattle, the Seahawks and Mariners have somewhat similar colors, the bluish/greenish tones are kind of similar. Not perfect, but close.

PS- the Sounders will have similar colors as well.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Not really, but it's been though of and suggested various times. In fact, there was a thread in the concepts section about this where people took cities and took the colors of the most popular team and changed the logos for every team. In fact, I did Cleveland, and many people thought it looked pretty good having orange and brown as the main colors of the city.

I have always wanted to see cities go to "college," "school," or "athletic club" type of thing. What I mean by that is that every team within a city would have the same nickname, color, logos, and everything (much like a college or club). For instance all major professional Detroit teams (baseball, basketball, football, hockey) could be the Red Wings and all use the iconic Winged Wheel because it represents Detroit well. Obviously this would never happen because it would be enormously expensive and no team would want to give up their identities and merge with other local teams. Alas, tis only a dream...

I have always wanted to see cities go to "college," "school," or "athletic club" type of thing. What I mean by that is that every team within a city would have the same nickname, color, logos, and everything (much like a college or club). For instance all major professional Detroit teams (baseball, basketball, football, hockey) could be the Red Wings and all use the iconic Winged Wheel because it represents Detroit well. Obviously this would never happen because it would be enormously expensive and no team would want to give up their identities and merge with other local teams. Alas, tis only a dream...

For Detroit, it'd have to be the old English "D". I love the Wings, but no other logo encompasses this city like that does.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

For Detroit, it'd have to be the old English "D". I love the Wings, but no other logo encompasses this city like that does.

Yup. That's the hat that goes with every outfit here.

On the topic of Detroit, the Pistons, Shock, and Titans are all Blue/Red teams. The Tigers and Lions also use Blue. Wings are the only ones without it. (I'm not counting Wayne State 'cause we're not D1 in most sports)

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

The Wizards, Capitals, and Mystics had the same colors until the Capitals changed.

The Redskins are a whole 'nother story.

The Avalanche and Rapids share the same colors. The Nuggets kind of did when they were navy, red, and gold. The Broncos use navy.

Islanders, Mets, Knicks all use blue and orange.

NE Patriots and NE Revolution both use blue and red. And both have patriotic names.

Archived