This is the Favre that never ends

Bleujayone

nothing those damn veggiehead, tree-hugging hippies from green bay can do about it.

"Veggiehead tree-hugging hippies"? Have you been to a Packers game? These are people who deep-fry their deer.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nothing those damn veggiehead, tree-hugging hippies from green bay can do about it.

"Veggiehead tree-hugging hippies"? Have you been to a Packers game? These are people who deep-fry their deer.

In the parking lot.

/beer-battered venison on a chilly December Sunday morning: ain't nothin' like it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i got a chuckle out of that one too

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Now that Favre has signed, there's one person and one award that I'm rooting for more than any in recent memory:

For Aaron Rodgers to win NFL MVP.

Not saying he's a frontrunner, but that would be awesome.

In the parking lot.

/beer-battered venison on a chilly December Sunday morning: ain't nothin' like it.

THAT sounds like a tasty dish. Might have to shoot one of those deers running around western PA next time I'm up there and try that sometime.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Now that Favre has signed, there's one person and one award that I'm rooting for more than any in recent memory:

You and me both man, he has the tools to make it happen.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

You and me both man, he has the tools to make it happen.

All I know is that I'll be rooting for Rodgers and the Pack to put a couple of beatdowns on Bratt and the Vikings whenever the hell they play this season.

6uXNWAo.png

All you Viking fans sticking up for Favre now lets see how you feel when he does it to your team, and when he is throwing interceptions left and right.

Favre is old broken and down and the Vikings will fall on their face.

Over/Under 20 Ints that the Over

Tank, your typical bloviating aside, how is Favre not an improvement over the quarterbacks the Vikings employ now?

I may be a Vikings fan, but I also despise the Packers, which doesn't exactly place me in the Brett Favre fan club. He's a better QB at age 40 than either Rosenfels or Jackson today.

True, but that's not saying very much.

It sure doesn't make him a top-10 quarterback. Or even a top-20. He has a well-documented tendency to break down in a big way in the latter half of the season.

Will Favre help the Vikings win games in the first half of the season? Absolutely. Cannot be argued. Will he cost them games in the latter half of the season? Just as inarguable.

I saw a stat line on ESPN yesterday that showed Jackson(and I think whoever else was at QB last season) had a higher passer rating than Favre, threw less interceptions, and won more games than this shell of Brett Favre. How is that any better?

Because Gus Frerotte (the name you are looking for) is almost as old as Favre, and just as prone to screwing up in the clutch.

On Rosenfels.

As does the rest of the meltdown.
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In a futuristic vision that I just have and I will share it with you all:

Brett and the Vikings go 6-2 in the first eight games and then his body breaks down and then go 2-6 in the last six to which some time in January or February Brett announces he is opening for Cher on her next retirement tour. He then retires only to be courted by Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys next June and signs with them on August 15th. We then start the process all over again as Brett goes through all 32 NFL teams, and then starts up in the CFL. After he plays for each CFL team, he then roams around American signing with a semi-pro team every week for the rest of his life. He eventually dies from old age in his car driving to sign with another semi-pro team that just started up. Brett dies at the age of 99 and is 4 days short of his 100th Birthday.

On Rosenfels.
As does the rest of the meltdown.

rosenface.jpg

I love this. The simultaneous looks of sheer bewilderment and resignation. We're stuck with him and there's nothing we can do. You have to be kidding me. You're not. Well. Here we are.

Brett and the Vikings go 6-2 in the first eight games and then his body breaks down and then go 2-6 in the last six to which some time in January or February Brett announces he is opening for Cher on her next retirement tour. He then retires only to be courted by Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys next June and signs with them on August 15th. We then start the process all over again as Brett goes through all 32 NFL teams, and then starts up in the CFL. After he plays for each CFL team, he then roams around American signing with a semi-pro team every week for the rest of his life. He eventually dies from old age in his car driving to sign with another semi-pro team that just started up. Brett dies at the age of 99 and is 4 days short of his 100th Birthday.

rosenface.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So when, then, will we then expect him to come out of death to give life one last try?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 5 months later...

This is the Favre that has now ended. ESPN may try to fabricate, but I think he's done and done for good. So what does this one last year mean?

To the vikes: It's hard to say the experiment failed. He brought them the 2-seed and near the Super Bowl. Anyone who thinks T-Jack would have done that is kidding themselves. Despite the agonizing way the season ended, all I can ask is that a team give me reason to pay attention well into the year. And that happened. Childress clearly was in the right going after Favre.

To Favre: It probably helps his legacy. So many stars go and have unceremonious ends to their careers in other cities. Favre did that in NY he came here this year and had a great year, arguably his best. He made so few mistakes (ironic way to end it, eh). To come in at this age and have this kind of a year and bring them this far probably helps the legacy. They probably win that game if it's at home and the late season swoon was not his fault.

The Vikes future: Probably two unceremonious 8-8 seasons with T-Jack at the helm and then off to LA. There is no way we're coughing up a stadium here in Minnesota. We're more against it than most places (the Twins thing was a sneaky miracle). For however long they are around, they remain the Cubs of the NFL. When it counts they find a way to lose. Favre should be done. T-Jack is clearly not the answer. Rosenfels could not even get above T-Jack on the depth chart, so he's not the answer. Being a Viking fan is tough. And this was just one more great example of that.

Had to edit, because that was so badly written. Too much online vike whining tonight.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

much as I hate the Vikes, I'd hate to see em move. Mainly due to my Pack/Bears split loyalties...I'll be honest, trying to hate the Lions feels like piling on. Hating you guys is more fun.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Hopefully this paves the way for Donovan McNabb to lead the Vikings to a 10-6 record and a NFC Championship Game loss (to the Eagles, lol) next year.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is the Favre that has now ended. ESPN may try to fabricate, but I think he's done and done for good. So what does this one last year mean?

To the vikes: It's hard to say the experiment failed. He brought them the 2-seed and near the Super Bowl. Anyone who thinks T-Jack would have done that is kidding themselves. Despite the agonizing way the season ended, all I can ask is that a team give me reason to pay attention well into the year. And that happened. Childress clearly was in the right going after Favre.

To Favre: It probably helps his legacy. So many stars go and have unceremoniously ends to their careers in other cities. Favre did that in NY he came here this year and had a great year, arguably his best. He made so few mistakes (ironic way to end it, eh). To come in at this age and have this kind of a year and bring them this far probably helps the legacy. They probably win that game if it's at home and the late season swoon was not his fault.

The Vikes future: Probably two uncermonious 8-8 seasons with T-Jack at the helm and then off to LA. There is no way we're coughing up a stadium here in Minnesota. We're more against it than most places (the Twins thing was a sneaky miracle). For however long they are around, they remain the Cubs of the NFL. However, they remain the Cubs of the NFL. When it counts they find a way to lose. Favre should be done. T-Jack is clearly not the answer. Rosenfels could not even get above T-Jack on the depth chart, so he's not the answer. Being a Viking fan is tough. And this was just one more great example of that.

On the stadium issue how come they could not work something out with U of Min and build one stadium for both the Gophers and Vikings, Pitt and the Steelers are a successful partnership in a nice stadium.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

To Favre: It probably helps his legacy. So many stars go and have unceremoniously ends to their careers in other cities. Favre did that in NY he came here this year and had a great year, arguably his best. He made so few mistakes (ironic way to end it, eh). To come in at this age and have this kind of a year and bring them this far probably helps the legacy. They probably win that game if it's at home and the late season swoon was not his fault.

The Vikes future: Probably two uncermonious 8-8 seasons with T-Jack at the helm and then off to LA. There is no way we're coughing up a stadium here in Minnesota. We're more against it than most places (the Twins thing was a sneaky miracle). For however long they are around, they remain the Cubs of the NFL. However, they remain the Cubs of the NFL. When it counts they find a way to lose. Favre should be done. T-Jack is clearly not the answer. Rosenfels could not even get above T-Jack on the depth chart, so he's not the answer. Being a Viking fan is tough. And this was just one more great example of that.

On the stadium issue how come they could not work something out with U of Min and build one stadium for both the Gophers and Vikings, Pitt and the Steelers are a successful partnership in a nice stadium.

The Golden Gophers stadium is pretty run down, old, and shabby.

http://stadium.gophersports.com/

It also has an alcohol ban, and would the state be willing to pony up for a stadium expansion already?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's outdated info. Minnesota just opened up shiny new TCF Stadium this past year

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It also has an alcohol ban, and would the state be willing to pony up for a stadium expansion already?

I think they could get around the alcohol ban if they accomodate the vikes. (I'd hope they'd keep it for college, though). It's a beautiful stadium. I'd be lying if I said I really know why the talk of putting them both there stopped. It was going for a while. My college football bias (even though I am not a Gopher fan) tells me to keep it college only, but if they could get the Vikes in there, it beats 'em moving.

I can only offer a few uneducated guesses.

• the difficultly in accommodating parking for 30,000 added fans?
  • The U of M fears of having 20,000 empty seats per game?
  • The Vikes desire to have a big ol' off-ramp stadium where they can charge $20 a head for parking?
  • The Vikes wanting NFL "state of the art" (retractable roof, a million seats) as opposed to "college state of the art" (upper level on top of the action, some intimacy)
  • The Vikes and the "U" simply not being able to get around some of the particulars of the agreement/

It's probably some form of the last bullet, but there is probably someone from Minnesota here who knows better than do i.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived