This is the Favre that never ends

Bleujayone

Sure he holds the touchdowns record, but he also owns the interceptions record. That means (at least to me) that he's not a great quarterback, he just threw the ball a lot.

Barry Sanders has the record for most carries for negative yards. Cy Young has the most losses. Reggie Jackson has the most strikeouts. Karl Malone has the most turnovers. A lot of great players own some bad records. Favre owning the INT record does not make him a bad player. Hate him for this circus he has created, but you can't deny his greatness.

You know Ashton Kuster actually makes a good point, retiring and unretiring could circumvent contracts.

Didn't Junior Seau do the same thing a few years ago when he "graduated" to the Patriots? The Jets did not intend to use Favre this season or anytime in the future and released him. If they wanted they could have refused to release him. I doubt this will start any precedents with players retiring and then unretiring to get out of contracts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a team still owns a player's rights even if he retires (if he is still under contract).

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know Ashton Kuster actually makes a good point, retiring and unretiring could circumvent contracts.

No he doesn't. The Jets released him instead of keeping him on the retired list, where they would retain his rights. They've only themselves to blame.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Vikes sign him to a 2 year deal he'll earn 12 Million this year, 13 Million next year.

Two years? Who the hell does Brett think he's fooling? ...and are the Vikings really that dumb??

6uXNWAo.png

Vikes sign him to a 2 year deal he'll earn 12 Million this year, 13 Million next year.

Two years? Who the hell does Brett think he's fooling? ...and are the Vikings really that dumb??

Two more years for Sage, Tarvaris and Booty to learn from him which might not be the best thing.

Favre is Favre nobody can and will be able to replicate him.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

this is not only a desperate run for a super bowl bid but a financial ploy to the state of Minnesota to build them a new stadium, nice try vikes , see ya in L.A. in 2012

Well, in that case...

Let's go Brett! Let's go Brett!

VmWIn6B.png

yes they are. apparantly they didn't see the favre from last year and are presuming they are getting the favre from 97.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

In a perfect world Minnesota and Detroit would both play in outdoor stadiums like there other NFC North counterparts.

Even if the Vikes use TCF Bank Stadium for a couple of seasons that would be fine, and build a new stadium right on the site of the Metrodome.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Why didn't they just build TCF Bank Stadium to accommodate both the Vikings and Golden Gophers? The Gophers are not entitled to their own stadium. They suck! Minnesota is, or ought to be, too level-headed to squander money on two brand-new football stadiums when one would do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why didn't they just build TCF Bank Stadium to accommodate both the Vikings and Golden Gophers? The Gophers are not entitled to their own stadium. They suck! Minnesota is, or ought to be, too level-headed to squander money on two brand-new football stadiums when one would do.

They just signed Bret Favre. Minnesota clearly is confusing now with 2001.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Because (1) the Gophers wanted (and got) an open-air stadium on campus, while the Vikings (AFAIK still) want one with a retractable roof somewhere in downtown Minneapolis, and (2) the two stadiums are also meant to host different sets of non-football events (soccer and possibly a future NHL Winter Classic at TCF Bank Stadium; concerts, auto/boat shows, monster-truck rallies and such at the Vikings' stadium). Oh, and there's also the small matter of the Vikings wanting to host another Super Bowl or two in their new building. The only thing lower than TCF Bank Stadium's chances of hosting a Super Bowl in late January/early February is the average temperature in these parts that time of year.

Back to Favre, even at 39 and as banged-up as he is, he's still loads better than Tarvaris Jackson OR Sage Rosenfels, but he's nowhere near the level of his prime years in Green Bay, or where Aaron Rodgers is now as he's just entering his prime. (It's the Packers' defense that sucked last year and kept them out of the playoffs, not Rodgers.) So I have my doubts that Favre will get the Vikings any closer to the Super Bowl. This looks to me like nothing more than Wile E. Coyote's latest attempt to catch the Roadrunner, and probably with the usual end result of Wile E. going over the cliff (but not actually falling until he looks down and realizes he's already in midair, natch).

CCSLC signature.png

SportsCenter is usually an hour long program.

Today I watched the 3 p.m. PT SportsCenter like I usually do and waited for E:60 to start.

This coincided with Favre's "3 p.m. PT" press conference.

It ended up being 1 hour and 20 minutes long, with all but literally 5 minutes dedicated to discussion of Favre and to Favre. (Those 5 minutes were for Strasburg)

:censored: you, Brett Favre...

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

E:60 sucks anyway, so I don't see the issue there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The max worth is about $25M over two seasons, although the second is basically an option year since it is not guaranteed. As such, Favre will likely be cut or retire (ha) if he struggles this season. And he will likely "retire" either way.

While we think the next 2 years will be about Brett, I am getting more of a sence that even after they fer $12M this year, the rest of their lives will be bastion to what Deanna can do in terms of being the next "Young Paula Dean" or something country style.

dirty curry, you're just upset that favre isnt playing for your new york jets anymore.

anyway, it doesnt matter, favre plays for the vikings, end of story, nothing anyone on this site or on espn or those damn veggiehead, tree-hugging hippies from green bay can do about it.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

dirty curry, you're just upset that favre isnt playing for your new york jets anymore.

anyway, it doesnt matter, favre plays for the vikings, end of story, nothing anyone on this site or on espn or those damn veggiehead, tree-hugging hippies from green bay can do about it.

This is the most idiotic post I've seen around here in awhile.

As for the people who complain about Favre coverage, isn't having 3 (at one time) threads about him on one message board, and constantly talking about him just circumventing your complaints?

I can't speak for curty but most jets fans are more than happy that favre is gone from NY. He's widely regarded as a broken down piece of crap that continues to live on the aura of the glory days of late 90's around these neck of the woods.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived