Back In The Game?

Linus

To me, Arrows is a lacrosse name. In one of the Native Reserves in Southern Ontario, I believe their Jr. A lacrosse team is called the Arrows. I dont know why, I always associate it with lacrosse, most likely because of the team I mentioned.

Also, isnt there a team in the womens hockey league that is called the Arrows? Im pretty sure its Toronto isnt it?

beLEAF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me, Arrows is a lacrosse name. In one of the Native Reserves in Southern Ontario, I believe their Jr. A lacrosse team is called the Arrows. I dont know why, I always associate it with lacrosse, most likely because of the team I mentioned.

Also, isnt there a team in the womens hockey league that is called the Arrows? Im pretty sure its Toronto isnt it?

It's the Toronto Aeros.

I saw, I came, I left.

From TSN.ca :

"The City of Glendale has stated that the bankruptcy judge cannot revoke the 30 year lease because there is a "non-relocation covenant" in the agreement that the Coyotes signed."

Does that mean the Coyotes have to keep honouring their horrible deal with the city of Glendale until the 30 year lease expires? If so, the Coyotes will just keep amassing massive amounts of debt. Maybe this whole thing will end in the dissolving of the Phoenix Coyotes. What a craptacular prospect!

thecatch.jpg

From TSN.ca :

"The City of Glendale has stated that the bankruptcy judge cannot revoke the 30 year lease because there is a "non-relocation covenant" in the agreement that the Coyotes signed."

Does that mean the Coyotes have to keep honouring their horrible deal with the city of Glendale until the 30 year lease expires? If so, the Coyotes will just keep amassing massive amounts of debt. Maybe this whole thing will end in the dissolving of the Phoenix Coyotes. What a craptacular prospect!

Do you want your Canadian expansion team or not? You got a better chance of getting a team through the fold, then expand route than through the moving route.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Couldn't the courts void that clause if it means the creditors get their money?

-Dan

Seems to me it would be up to the discretion of the bankruptcy judge.

All contracts go up for review when a team goes up for bankruptcy, the purpose of which is to keep the company afloat and give it the opportunity to renegotiate its debts and obligations so it may emerge stronger. If the lease is truly the millstone it appears to be, no responsible judge would allow it to stand as-is, knowing that it will just drive the company into bankruptcy again soon.

Keep in mind that was the City's interpretation of the contract - of course they're going to say that the Coyotes can't leave. Doesn't make it so.

Interesting jersey design on the cover of the Hamilton weekly here:

http://viewmag.com/

It is inspired by the jr. A Paris Mounties team - I believe it's a Flynnagain logo.

I'd buy that.

As DEAD! has said, Hamilton Arrows is a terrible name choice for the team. Its been stated the plane (or jet whatever the 'Arrow' is) was built in Mississauga and not Hamilton. Plus, if Winnipeg were to get a team down the road, Im sure they will bring back the Jets as their name.

1) Winnipeg will never get a team back, and nor should they. It's a real shame that they lost the Jets, it really is. The town's full of devoted hockey fans. Realistically though, they just don't have the population and economic base to make an NHL team work. If the Jets had never moved, sure, they would manage to get along. But starting over with a new team? No, sorry, it's not going to happen.

2) If, by some miracle, Winnipeg did get another team, I would only want them to be the Jets if it was the Coyotes franchise that moved back. I HATE the concept of the "Cleveland Deal."

IMO the history of a team stays with the team, even if they move and get a new identity. So if Winnipeg were to get a team through expansion or relocation, and the Jets/Coyotes franchise was still around in some form, than no, the new Winnipeg team shouldn't be named the Jets.

If the 'Yotes can't move, I bet Balsille moves his attention to the Thrashers.

That is if the Thrashers don't pick up and move to Hamilton before he has a chance to buy 'em :P

Seriously though, I think it's still to early to throw in the towel regarding Atlanta.

I bet he'll go after the Islanders.

Isn't their owner wanting to sell the team? They have no plans, at least none I've heard of, to build a new arena. It rids New York City of the team that's drawing the fewest fans, and to possibly appease Bettman and the NHL, any possible realignment of the divisions due to relocation is minimalized.

If this round with the Coyotes doesn't work out I'd say he should just give it up and buy the Maple Leafs.

Balsille gets a hockey team in southern Ontario.

Bettman gets his wish of no one relocating.

Leafs fans get a team that isn't run by a multi-headed corporation made up of malice, evil, and stupid.

From TSN.ca :

In Chapter 11 proceedings, insolvent companies can usually walk away from most obligations and reorganize or sell assets.

I bet he'll go after the Islanders.

Isn't their owner wanting to sell the team? They have no plans, at least none I've heard of, to build a new arena. It rids New York City of the team that's drawing the fewest fans, and to possibly appease Bettman and the NHL, any possible realignment of the divisions due to relocation is minimalized.

True. I just wish someone would buy the Thrashers and keep them in Atlanta.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Did anyone else get an email from Balsillie today...

Dear Hockey Fans,

Thank you for taking the time to sign up to MakeItSeven.ca. I want you to know, from one passionate hockey fan to another, I really appreciate it.

Since I announced my offer to buy the Phoenix Coyotes, the response and support I have received from across Canada has been overwhelming. Within hours, more than 10,000 people had signed up at MakeItSeven.ca and every day thousands of Canadians continue to add their names and their support. Today more than 120,000 people have joined MakeItSeven.ca. Many of you have contacted me with suggestions and advice on a number of matters related to our mission to bring another NHL team to Canada. I appreciate all of it.

While we are early in the process, I am more optimistic than ever that we are one step closer to bringing another NHL team to Southern Ontario and to Canada. I am excited to announce that two iconic Canadian brands, Home Hardware and Labatt, both supporters of hockey across this country, have joined the Make It Seven campaign. The MakeItSeven.ca website is also up and running today as our campaign hub. Through the site you, the fans, will have an opportunity to shape the Make It Seven campaign by uploading your own content, interacting with each other and getting regular updates on our progress. Please take the time to visit MakeItSeven.ca again and continue to participate in this important movement. For those of you who want to follow the progress in other ways, we have also set up an official Twitter account as @makeitseven.

Thanks again for your support. Please contact all of your friends and family and ask them to sign up with you. Together, with our partners Home Hardware and Labatt and passionate Canadian hockey fans from coast to coast, we can make it happen. Together, we can make it seven!

Jim

Jim Balsillie

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived