Back In The Game?

Linus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fans (insert joke for however small you want that number to be) better start supporting that team now.

That's assuming that whoever the new owner is doesn't move the team either. Either way, Balsillie's gotta be salty right about now. Three times he's tried to buy a team, three times he failed. I'm guessing the salt won't last, and he'll go after another sun belt/non-traditional market team at the bottom of the standings soon enough. "We haven't seen the last of "Ballsy" Jim Balsillie just yet." :P

Any bets on what team is next on his Merry-Go-Round???? I get really newvous that the Lightning will be next on the list, since our current owners just plain suck.

As long as Tampa keeps the attendance up they'll be fine.

Atlanta or the NY Islanders are probably the next ones up.

Atlanta I could see, what about the Florida Panthers?

-Dan

The Thrashers are untouchable until their own ownership dispute gets settled. That thing's been in court for like 4 years....

Balsillie should go after the Islanders, as they have an owner who's willing to sell. New York City can't support three teams, and the attendance figures for Islanders back that up.

here's basillie's spin from the makeitseven facebook group...

Jim Balsillie's bid to bring a seventh NHL team to Canada continues. We're still here. The Phoenix court confirmed Mr. Balsillie was approved as an NHL owner in 2006 and remains so. We believe he has made the best offer and Hamilton remains the best location for this team.

The court did not approve either our approach or the NHL's. Judge Baum did state he does not have time to decide all the relocation issues. But the court still controls the sale process. As a result, we look forward to hearing from the NHL soon on its view of our relocation application and an appropriate relocation fee, so as to allow the court to determine if that fee is reasonable. We still think there is enough time for the NHL to approve Mr. Balsillie's application and move the team to Hamilton by September.

Make It Seven supporters need to make their voices heard to convince the league by participating in Make It Seven day on June 19. Read more about how you can support Make It Seven Day at www.makeitseven.ca. Jim will be emailing all of us with his planned next steps, so we continue to ask you to urge people to sign up now to show their support on the Make It Seven site. Tell your friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers to sign up.

Together we will Make It Seven.

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Jim Balsillie's bid to bring a seventh NHL team to Canada continues. We're still here. The Phoenix court confirmed Mr. Balsillie was approved as an NHL owner in 2006 and remains so. We believe he has made the best offer and Hamilton remains the best location for this team.

The court did not approve either our approach or the NHL's. Judge Baum did state he does not have time to decide all the relocation issues. But the court still controls the sale process. As a result, we look forward to hearing from the NHL soon on its view of our relocation application and an appropriate relocation fee, so as to allow the court to determine if that fee is reasonable. We still think there is enough time for the NHL to approve Mr. Balsillie's application and move the team to Hamilton by September.

Make It Seven supporters need to make their voices heard to convince the league by participating in Make It Seven day on June 19. Read more about how you can support Make It Seven Day at www.makeitseven.ca. Jim will be emailing all of us with his planned next steps, so we continue to ask you to urge people to sign up now to show their support on the Make It Seven site. Tell your friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers to sign up.

How can anyone take this tripe seriously? I can't believe people are so blinded by misplaced, petty, nationalistic fever to overlook such a blatant disregard for the established rules of the league.

Make It Seven day? Equal parts hilarious and pathetic.

News wise, this isnt over yet. Its going to be all over the news (well, in Canada) for weeks to come.

Balsillie still claims that its not over and that he feels the Coyotes will be in Hamilton by September.

I dont know what to believe. Hopefully Balsillie and the NHL go to mediation and settle this.

Im not saying this because Balsillie wants to bring the Coyotes to my hometown, but if he has the only offer on the table than the NHL needs to work something out with him. Keep the Coyotes in Phoenix for the 2009/10 season than move them out.

Im glad the judge kept his ruling for after the Cup finals though.

beLEAF

Make It Seven day? Equal parts hilarious and pathetic.

How is that pathetic?

Seriously...I can think of many "Insert Name Here" Days that are pathetic but not this one.

Maybe absurd is the better adjective. It's just more than a little sad to me how all of these people place so much pride in where a percentage of teams in a league is from. If half the attention were paid to real problems that gets paid to Making It Seven !!!!! then maybe Hamilton would have already been able to attract a team based on its own merit. I just wish I could see when they all march on city hall or whatever they're going to do.

I'd definitely hold a Stop Clubbing Baby Seals Day before a Make It Seven Day, but you'd probably attract less elected officials. <_<

How about a controlling stake in RIM?

As for the time constraint, is this on the advice of his horribly incompetent legal team?

As for "Make it Seven Day," if Balsillie wants to actually pressure the NHL BOG into relenting, he would be trying to encourage a massive fan revolt among the league's Canadian supporters. A public rally is about as pointless as an internet petition in cases such as these.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Balsillie still claims that its not over and that he feels the Coyotes will be in Hamilton by September.

And I can claim that Shay Laren and Lucy Pinder are stopping by my place for an absolutely riotous, week-long three-way, with a similar chance of such claims coming to fruition.

When someone like Balsillie keeps setting arbitrary deadlines and benchmarks over which he has no legitimate authority or control, along with a seeming concerted effort to circumvent and/or ignore the procedures and protocols of the entity he wants to join, I would think that perhaps one might consider such an individual not to be the best potential operator of one's team of choice.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I STILL hope a prospective owner from Winnipeg swoops in to end this whole mess!

See my previous post about the three-way.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ugh... All this dogmatic spew coming from Balsille's "Make It Seven" camp...

It's starting to sound like a cult.

"Jim will be emailing all of us with his planned next steps....

...Together we will Make It Seven."

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So, is the auction still on for June 22 or Sept. 10?

It's the 22nd

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281971

Then is it no-holds-barred, winner-take-all, the team goes to the highest bidder? If the auction winner is out-of-town, say from Kansas City or Portland, then could (and would) they eventually move the team? What about the lease in Glendale? What would the league do about a potential relocation next offseason? Kick up another stink? What if no one come forward to buy the team, now or in a year?

Ugh... All this dogmatic spew coming from Balsille's "Make It Seven" camp...

It's starting to sound like a cult.

"Jim will be emailing all of us with his planned next steps....

...Together we will Make It Seven."

Now that you've figured out the true purpose of the Blackberry you will have to be killed.

The Blackberry is the vehicle to get out the Make It Seven message.

How can anyone take this tripe seriously? I can't believe people are so blinded by misplaced, petty, nationalistic fever to overlook such a blatant disregard for the established rules of the league.

With a league this poorly run, sometimes disregard for the rules is the only proper response to them.

The NHL needs a Mark Cuban. Maybe this is the guy.

With a league this poorly run, sometimes disregard for the rules is the only proper response to them.

Word.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So, is the auction still on for June 22 or Sept. 10?

It's the 22nd

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281971

Then is it no-holds-barred, winner-take-all, the team goes to the highest bidder? If the auction winner is out-of-town, say from Kansas City or Portland, then could (and would) they eventually move the team? What about the lease in Glendale? What would the league do about a potential relocation next offseason? Kick up another stink? What if no one come forward to buy the team, now or in a year?

What the NHL would like to do is have two auctions. The first is an auction for the team, with the proviso that it stays in Phoenix. If no suitable bidders surface, a second auction which would allow the franchise to move to wherever would be had. In both cases the bidders also have to be approved by the NHL.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Or maybe the NHL needs Mark Cuban.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived