New Bengals Uniforms Update

Jungle Jim

WHY doesn't the stoopid NFL just check with us before making stoopid changes?

Because all of the NFL's home jerseys would be the same: solid colour, no stripes, white numbers, white pants. Reverse them and you've got the roadies.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHY doesn't the stoopid NFL just check with us before making stoopid changes?

Because all of the NFL's home jerseys would be the same: solid colour, no stripes, white numbers, white pants. Reverse them and you've got the roadies.

...no-no... I said 'check with us', not 'check with JQK'...

Just kidding JQK, you were the first traditionalist that came to mind, take it as an odd compliment. :blink:^_^

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

They aren't as bad on the players as I originally thought, but the old ones are better.

Here's what I would have done, assuming I was required to make a change to those perfect uniforms:

bengals.gif

Ooooh. Nice. Not quite feelin' the black shoulders on the orange jersey, but overall it's miles better than what they've unveiled.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hey, avenger! I would have put that new "B" on the sleeves, the new wordmark on the front below the neck and use the custom number in the Bengal wordmark font for the numbers. In addition, the tiger striping from the 1980's would be limited to the sleeve ends and v-neck of the jersey.

No black pants, but I would have the jumping Bengal on a black stripe in the white pants, and a black helmet with the Bengal head on the sides.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I think I would be able to stand them if they got rid of that number font, which I don't care what anybody else says, is a blatant rip off of the Bears. Also I don't know if it's been mentioned since I've only read up to page 3, but the B logo under the collar looks horrendous, there should be only the small "Bengals" script or nothing there. It looks waaay too busy. I actually don't mind the side stripes though.

I don't like round numbers with shadows. They are hard to read. Now I like Avenger's concept. Nice!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

yeah, and he said that the only thing people didnt like, the helmet, was the one thing they kept. Good, I like the Helmet. Why have another team with just a logo slapped on, granted they have an AWESOME bengal logo, it just makes sence to be different and go with the stripes.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Avenger's concepts are ok, but they're too much like what they hade, just basically a new font and colored shoulders on the road jersey.

That was kinda the point... I truly think that the Bengal's uniforms (before the switch) where about as perfect as uniforms get. They were distinct, all of the elements where cohesive, they stood up very well over the course of two decades, and if the Bengals hadn't sucked so badly over the last 15 years or so, I promise you they would have been one of the highest sellers.

All I wanted to do was modify them to reflect some of the latest trends, hopefully to show that these uniforms could be brought up to date without being a friggen' monstrocity like the ones just unveiled.

What is the deal on the pants stripe?

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Would it have been too much to ask that the designers responsible come up with a numeric font that reflected the properties of the new alphabetical font?

This has always been my chief complaint about the Grizzlies uniforms.

Did you hear Wilbon say that the Bengals new unis borrowed elements from the CFL's Argonauts? :huh:

I don't see anything of the Argos in there. The only thing distinctive about the Argos is the big logo on the shoulder. That's not here.

Maybe he meant the Alouettes, whose white jersey also has blue and red on the shoulders, but even there, there's far more obvious parallels like the Bills.

As to taj's image and direction to "look at the pants", I respond "what pants? oh my..."

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Would it have been too much to ask that the designers responsible come up with a numeric font that reflected the properties of the new alphabetical font?

You go to the trouble of unveiling a new "logo" that is, in reality, a giant letter "B"... you design at least enough letters in the new font to be able to spell out "CINCINNATI BENGALS"... yet, you don't think, "Hey, I bet numbers rendered in the same font would make for a unified look when applied to the jerseys."

Agreed. My 10 year-old could do better with a box of crayons.

Plus it doesn't take a rocket scientist to suggest coming up with a number font that, if it isn't the same as the "new font" designed for the so-called logo, at least compliments the "logo". :Oo:

Archived