New Bengals Uniforms Update

Jungle Jim

I wasn't sure whether this was deserving of a new thread or not, but it seems to bring a new direction to the discussion of the new Bengals uniforms. This is posted at www.bengals.com:

Chad looks long (Canton) and short (1,800)

3/24/2004 - 3-24-04, 2 p.m.

BY GEOFF HOBSON

He thinks he can reach his long-stated goal of 1,800 yards now that the Bengals want to go down the field with quarterback Carson Palmer, he?s got a special pair of orange shoes with black stripes planned for this season just for the Dolphins and Terrell Owens that should add to his fine list, and it turns out he?s the Super Model going on billboards next month to model the Bengals? new uniforms that he says includes a third jersey that?s orange for special home games.

?They?re sweet,? Johnson said.

After incurring about 50,000 in fines last year (some got rescinded) for uniform violations and end-zone celebrations, Johnson is already planning on a lighter wallet. He?s going to wear the striped shoes at Paul Brown Stadium against his hometown Dolphins and the road in Philadelphia for new Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens.

For the other 14 games, Johnson figures to be wearing black shoes like everyone else, which he says are going to be matched with uniforms that are going to be all white for away games and all back for most home games. He says there are still stripes running down the side, ?but they look 2005ish.?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having an orange alternate was definately a good move. the all white is getting more trendy now with teams and the all black should look slick-- as long as they had the right people design these things.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

I like Chad Johnson's shoe idea... B)

As for the unis, they seem like they'll be pretty much the same as last year, with two exceptions. (1) All-black for home, which is one of my favorite football combos and (2) an orange alternate. The alternate could look really good or really bad depending on whether they wear black or white pants with it. I am on my knees praying that they use white pants with the orange alternates. It'd be really cool if they wear black pants with the white jerseys. I remember doctoring a photo to see what white-on-black would look like for the Bengals. Sweet-awesome looking and potentially the best looking uni-home or away-in the NFL.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

If there is any team that should be wearing orange it's the Bengals. As for their new primary logo? WTF? What was wrong with what they had? I liked it. I think a 'C' would be more appropriate than a 'B' (except in school).

I'd rather have the Bengal head logo as their primary. They should have went with that.

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm kind of hoping that they tone down the orange a bit. Yes, I know Bengals are orange with black stripes. But not THAT color orange. It would be cool if they could develop and orange tone that is along the same lines as the "Vegas Gold". Not quite copper... but a copper/Vegas cold mix.

Heck Copper mght not be too bad.

Why not black jerseys with orange pants? That to me would look awesome.

Judge for yourself...

bengalsorangepants.gif

I think the uni looks meh. I am happy, however with the photo edit on my part. That does look awesome.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Orange jersey with black pants wouldn't be too bad....

hmmm...."2005ish" stripes on the sides? Could it be somewhat of a mix of the 1993 Patriots pants and the current Denver Broncos swoosh? :therock:

Guess I'm the only one whose not happy about the black shoes.I hate that the NFL is going on a black shoes kick now.Black shows for the most part make teams look slow and cumbersome and they just dont look right in most cases.The Bears I think are the lone exception to this,and probably the Buccaneers.

98Falcons.png

Mark Steenhuis of the Buffalo Bandits pulls the orange shoe look off very nicely.

Mark is on my SJPX fantasy LAX team - I saw this picture not to long ago and I love it. I wish Buffalo would not wear all black has their home unis - but the orange shoes are great.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived